Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 23:21

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default which portion of body fats you normally lose first?

I've been back into low-carbing for the past few wks.

I tried the pants-o-meter but seems that they still dont fit that loose yet. So in fact I was wondering which portion of my body loses the fats during this time.

Guess what.....when I wore my top (my mom's old tee). I see a lot of loose cloth on my tummy! but my waist measurement didnt seem to go down. but heyyy I didnt know its my waist that benefited first from low-carbing.

So where do you all normally lose first or lose a lot of body fats during low-carbing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 00:01
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

It's an interesting process and explained in this thread:

How Fat Moves About

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 10:25

BF:

Karen,

Reading from the article, it's really true what going on in my body. No wonder I have been feeling sth abt my face, arms. I feel leaner and as if my shoulder and back bones are stretching the skin. yet when i try my tight pants, it doesnt seem to improve.

But gosh seems that I gotta wait for some time before I feel improvement with the pants-o-meter. hahaha
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 18:42

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Don't know about everyone else, but I seem to be losing from the top down and how I wish it were the other way around. Then again...if I lost all the weight on the bottom first, I'd be top heavy and fall over!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 05:04

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Unhappy Dream on!

Wouldn't it be great to be able to lose all over evenly, just as it would to put on weight in the same way ... personally I gain on my butt first and obviously it's the last place where it comes off, but the ONLY place I keep my eyes and tape measure glued to... SIGH!!!

C.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:49

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Angry

Chocolate, I am the same way, except for me my trouble spot is my belly. It'll be the last to go! My butt, on the other hand, has shrunk to nothing, it almost hurts to sit down I would give almost anything to have a nice round booty and a tiny waist.

It all goes to show we all want what we don't have!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 16:01

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

LOL....

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? I read a study once that showed that no matter how attractive a woman was to others, most of them were never satisfied with how their bodies looked (my butt is too big, my boobs are too small...fill in your least liked body part). At this point in my life, I will be satisfied with simply being at a healthy weight for me and reasonably in shape. There's very little you can do about the body shape that your genes have handed you except make an effort to make it the healthiest body you can and just accept the rest (unless, of course you've got an extra 10 or 20 grand for cosmetic surgery).
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 16:33

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Huh........

I always notice my toes first, they shrink down somewhat. Then my face, then my thighs, and lastly my tummy. I don't lose in the bustline, I do lose on my back, though. So, I sort of go from down to up, then down to up again. Weird!

I'm just glad that I notice that it's going away and not growing! Yeah!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 18:22

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Talking

WHoa, for me, the breasts were the first to go! Went straight from a 38D to a 36C/B in seriously about a week! Not to be gross, but they looked like deflated balloons....and I'm only 22! I'm glad the rest of me is catching up LOL....
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 00:19

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking hehehe!!!

This is fun!!

Heather: I really liked the toe thing!!! I've never checked my toes for tubbiness... on the other hand yesterday I noticed I could see my veins much more clearly on the back of my hands. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and got pretty funny looks after some time I'd been studying hands and arms. The looks turned confused when I said quite enthusiastically "Hey! I can see my veins!". Haha!!

Lisa N: How right you are!!! I remember when I totally had the body i wanted (somewhere around the Ice Age) I was hung up on my hair and my top lip (of all things). Funny... now that my bod is what it is I find they're my best feature....

C.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 07:56

BF:

check my toes for fat-losing.....thats very interesting! but it seems that my toes decided to keep it secret from me.

i still feeling my shoulders blades are going to lurke out fr my thin layer of skin. my thighs are still as chunky ....pant-o-meter still not telling any yet.

but i feel my back is losing a lot.....feels ticklish. Usually when I am lying on my side, I feel sexy coz my back has this nice curve which highlights my (still not losing) butt. I just got a few whistles from guys when they saw a side view of me. but if u look at my back straight, my hips just looks huge and huge. my tummy isnt improving....
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 09:42

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hand Analysis

Chocolate, your hand examination made me crack up!

I get new glasses every year because after you reach 40, that's something some people have to do. It was the first day I had my new prescription, and I was in a meeting. I was staring at my hands because I couldn't believe how clearly I could see everything. My boss asked me what I was looking at and I said, "I can see my hands!!!!!" Everyone laughed and asked me how in the world I could see before I got my new glasses. What I meant was I could see my hands in detail! Of course I could see my hands before!!! LOL!!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 23:25

BF:

And when you move your fingers, you can see the vertical movements underneath your skin on the back of your hands.....thats sth I am so proud for losing weight....

it has been the 'sole property' of slim people...
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 04:01

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa N
Don't know about everyone else, but I seem to be losing from the top down
Gotta be the gravitational pull then. I recommend periodic hand stands. I lost from the extremeties on in. My rings fit long before my pants.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 22:29
Registered Member

Plan: 50/30/20/40-40-20
Stats: 180/192/205
BF:
Progress: 48%

Thats how you lose it where ever you put fat first is the last to go like if it goes to your hips then your arms your arms will lose first then your hips