Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/159/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default I work late....is take out okay?

Busy times at work cause me to work late into the evening, i end up starving...can i eat take out? what about chicken wings, theres a pizza joint in town that delivers, but the only thing i can think that i would be able to eat is chicken wings...are those aloud during the induction phase?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 15:41
Out of service...

Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I don't know about induction, but once you're on owl you can have chicken wings but make sure you ask for them without the breading! There's lots of good choices... subway has the new atkins wraps, or my personal fav, the tuna salad. Grab a burger without the ketchup or bun, sub your fries for salad and you're good.
If you are talking about often, I would say that it's probably not a great idea to be eating that way all the time. I don't eat lunch out more than once per week anymore, and it's almost always the tuna salad when I do. You may want to pack yourself a second "lunch" to eat when you have to stay late.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 16:29
Registered Member

BF:

thanks, i'm gonna have to go with the wings tonight, becuase i am so hungry, but i will check into it more, last night i got a chicken salad but have been eating those like it's my job and kind've getting sick of them, thanks for the advice.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 16:44

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I ate them during induction, hot sauce (from what I can remember) and chicken are both on the allowed list. I could be wrong about the hot sauce but I believe it's in the section about ranch dressing.

Last edited by adukart : Tue, Feb-10-04 at 16:46.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 17:37
Contributing Member

Plan: CKD - TKD
Stats: 270/265/240 Male 70 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hiya Lucy,
do you guys have a refirg at work or a place where you can store snacks? If you're running late at work and you're starving, have some snack packs of celery, mozarella cheesestick, jerky, lunchmeats, or even peanuts around so you won't be too tempted to go to the carbs. Chicken wings are OK, I won't worry about it too much. If you know it has little or no carbs, and you're in a bind, go for it.

hope that helps,
Manolo
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:11
Registered Member

BF:
Default going to wegmans tonight

thanks for all the advice, i'll be going to wegmans tonight to stock up on snack food that i can stick in the fridge. i know that there is so much food out there that i can eat it's just trying to find it and figure it all out. I am getting used to it though and have had some fun in the kitchen :-)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:13

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Do you plan a menu for the week and cook things up on your days off. That way you will be prepared. Just a thought.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

When I started this the first time, I wrote out everything. I planned my meals ahead of time, however after the recent deaths in my family, my diet was no longer in my hands, I was in such a hurry once i got back to my own home to get back to eating LC that I started the next day. Having not been in my own home for nearly two weeks I had to trhow out all the food i had in my fridge. finally got to wegmans last night and I am so excited about the food I picked up as well as some of the treats that I never knew were out there.
I did what some of the you said and I took my list of foods aloud on induction to the store with me. THat was a tremendous help, if i had any doubts, it was right there for me. But i suppose i do have one more question are the KetoBars aloud during induction. On the atkins sample menu plan it shows LC bars as well as shakes. I bought the atkins strawberry shakes...i figured i would give them a try and i picked up a couple LC bars....would you suggest i stay away from either of those during induction?