Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 185/163/165 Male 72 inches
BF:na/12%/na
Progress: 110%
Default Dr. Bernstein to be on CBS Evening News.

Dr. Bernstein will be on CBS Evening News this Satrday, 8-23-03, at 6:30CST, 5:30EST.

Link: http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/

Mark
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 06:34
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up Mark! I love the caption: "The Diabetes Diet Wars is heating up."

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 16:19

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 203/171/170
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-tn
Dr. Bernstein will be on CBS Evening News this Satrday, 8-23-03, at 6:30CST, 5:30EST.

Link: http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/

Mark

I'm quite confused by the times listed, however, both theirs and yours. 6:30 CST is 7:30 EST, not 5:30 EST as you have posted. That's the first thing.

In the second place, we're all on Daylight Savings Time.

In the third place, the CBS Evening News is aired here on the East Coast at 6:30 PM, whether Standard or Daylight Savings.

Is there anyone we could contact at Diabetes In Control to try to verify the posting?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 19:06
Forum Founder

BF:

< groan >

To add to the confusion ... I checked the CBS website for the Evening News, Saturday edition. The page hasn't been updated since August 2nd.

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Sorry for the confusion. I think the best thing to do is to check your local listings for the time. It may be different in every market no matter where you live.

Mark
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:45
Forum Founder

BF:

hi Mark,

No need for you to apologise ... it's the website managers who need to be more on the ball. If they want viewers to see the program, the least they could do in ensure the information is correct.

I still can't believe that CBS hasn't updated its own site

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:50

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 240/171/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Our TV Guide says that there will be PGA Golf on from 2pm-7pm, followed by Dharma & Gregg?

Hopefully, they will put the transcript on their site. Actually, I am kind of perturbed at the topic matter. There should be no debate or "war" over diet for Diabetics. The ONE THAT WORKS should be used...end of debate/war. (Luckily, I think doctors, not the ADA, are fiquring this out.)

Last edited by Sherrielee : Thu, Aug-21-03 at 09:51.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 20:04
Forum Founder

BF:
Question

So, did anybody see this interview?? It was PGA golf in my area too

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:05

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 203/171/170
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
So, did anybody see this interview?? It was PGA golf in my area too

Doreen

I watched every minute of the CBS Evening News on Saturday (aired at 6:30 PM EDT) and there was not one word about either diabetes or Dr. Bernstein. It was a complete waste of time.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:33
Registered Member

I cut my finger open on Saturday at about 4:30. My wife insisted that I go to the hospital because it would not stop bleeding. All I could think of was that I was going to miss Bernstein on CBS News, so she said she would stay behind and tape it. What a dissapointment when I watched the tape and nothing on Bernstein. I guess other news took precedents. Lets hope they air it on another day. I'd like to see Bernstein really push this book. He needs to get on as many shows as he can to promote his book and the results of his way of treatment. I don't have the time or money to go to New York, so it would great to at least see him on TV.

Mark
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 06:29

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

theres a report on dr. b's forum that he was on the news on sunday,august 31st.the person said it was a good interview.anyone here see it?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 09:36
Registered Member

Christine-
I was away for the weekend, but my wife was home and saw that he was coming on and was able to tape it. I got a chance to watch it last night. Dr. B looked great. The interview started out briefly talking about how he was one of the first to check his blood sugars and that lead him to discover how carbo's and his diet effected his BS, and then went on to explain that he promotes a low carb, high protein diet in his new book. The part I did not like is when they introduced the person with the counter point of view, as a "diabetic expert". In my opinion Dr B is a diabetic expert, but they just introduced him as a type one diabetic. They did not explain that he his indeed a doctor specializing in the treatment of diabeties. The counter point was about how a high protein diet produces toxins from the body using fat and protein as energy when sufficient carbo's are not eaten(of course we know this is BS). She than went on to explain how diabetics are suseptable to coronary heart disease, and that they need a low fat, high carbo diet to prevent this( again BS). They then mentioned recent study's that showed a low carb, high protein diet indeed helps lower blood sugars with out adversley effecting lipid profiles. It concluded with Bernstein stating that he eats red meat, and two eggs a day and that his lipid profiles where better than 95-99% of non diabetic doctors in his part of the country. Overall it was a good segment, however only so much can be covered in a three minute piece.

Mark
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 10:00

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

thanks for that mark.it woud,ve been nice to see the interview but we don,t get that channel in UK.
its good to know that he's getting some recognition at least.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 19:35

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: // Female --
BF:
Progress: 21%

Oh, yes. Thanks for the recap. I didn't even think to check.

I hope this happens more. Sometimes, when someone is identified as an 'expert', other media outlets start to use them. I know I'm crossing my fingers.