Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 23:11
Registered Member

Plan: 1st ATKINS; now CKD!!
Stats: 208/166/158
BF:
Progress: 84%
Thumbs up Moved and 2 weeks off from morning cardio....good results

I have moved back to school! Therefore I had to find a new gym. My school is in a small town so there are only two gyms.
The school gym is horrible so that is out of the question. I am use to a Balleys so I think I have been spoiled. Well the gym I joined is really small and does not have the machines and benches I am use to. So it is going to take a few weeks to get the hang of things. Kinda deppresed about it.
I have also taken the last 2 weeks off of morning cardio becuase I have not had the A.M. time. Before I was doing the stairclimber an hour in the morning. The new gym has only 1 stairclimber and is 2 feet away from the main desk at the gym.....so I am feeling bashful(intimidated) about doing my monring stair climbing session right infront of the 2 people working. I also noticed the stairclimer is noisier than the one I am use too.
Anyways, since I have taken the two weeks off from AM cardio I have still lost a total of 6 pounds. I have been strict and have been following the ckd #'s preciesly. And drinking noting but water! I plan to resume my AM cardio on tuesday. I want to lose about 5 more pounds at least.
So I am going to have to go balls out the next few weeks.

well enough ranting......

CKD ROCKS!!

Jay
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 11:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%

It's interesting that you say that. Two weeks ago I had a horrible ear ache and the jumping around from my normal cardio made it unbearable. I only lifted weights that week and still did the carb-up. I lost 5 pounds.
Last week, I was back to my normal cardio routine and didn't lose anything. I've been toying with the idea of only doing cardio every other week and seeing what happens.
I can't figure out why this is because I'm still eating the same amounts. All I can think of, is my body's not hording the calories for the extra energy the cardio requires.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 12:09

Plan: CKD/Bodyopus
Stats: 290/250/220
BF:(265)34%/29%/15%
Progress: 57%

I did 40 minutes of moderate cardio every morning one week and didnt lose a poound I turned it back down to 20 minutes skipped the carbup and lost 7-10 pounds over that 2 weeks
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 13:03

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaver
I did 40 minutes of moderate cardio every morning one week and didnt lose a poound I turned it back down to 20 minutes skipped the carbup and lost 7-10 pounds over that 2 weeks

That's really interesting----I wonder if there's any others who've experienced this?? I've not done any more of cardio than 20min because I think the BFL stance on that one is right on the ball---IMHO.

I've not lost ANY weight to the degree you guys have, but I've got a flipped out metabolism that doesn't like to let go of ANYTHING. My first loss in a couple of months was after I began CKD, and it was last week (2lbs), which is about 200% more than I was losing before!

Right now I'm doing weight training 3 days, and cardio 3 days. Is that enough----too much---just right??

I've not finished Lyle's book yet, but I'm in the CKD section anyway. WOW---what a lot of GREAT information that is!

Anyway, will you guys please keep posting about this as you experience/learn more? I'm all for hearing what helps the ole bod give up the fat!

And Misty, I think you may be onto something! For instance, overtraining (different scenario, though) will usually result in a major increase in appetite, probably because the body thinks it's starving to death or something. Could very well be that too much cardio combined with weight training and dieting will send the body into starvation mode.

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing, guys! (use the term "guys" loosely! LOL)