Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-01, 15:29

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hello, I am new here and I would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy LC flour, tortillas, pasta etc..in the Toronto area. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-01, 19:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

i just live 15 minutes from toronto, so i'd like to know too. i don't think we'll have much luck.
i work for dominion. i sent a letter to head office suggesting we sell low carb products. they sent a letter back to me saying that they realize locarb is becoming popular it hasn't reached critical mass yet. when it does then we'll jump on the band wagon. i guess us canadian lcer's have to make a lot more noise!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-01, 19:27

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hmmm...I guess we need to create critical mass awareness! I'll send them an email now!
I just got home from Loblaws and they carry a high protein low carb powder for shakes. (Orange flavour)
I am still pretty new at this and still trying to remember the brand names to look for!
But I did find that Ruffles Chips makes a dip that is less than 2 grams of Carb per serving and stocked up on some cream cheese. I make little portable snacks out of thinly sliced ham, chopped celery, or green pepper, and cream cheese...quite tasty!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-01, 00:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Susan, welcome aboard. To find out what products are available in Toronto, click on "Shopping" above, and then on "ON" for Ontario listings.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-01, 02:12

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Thank you!
I did a low carb diet...18 years ago (I can't believe it was that long!) when I was 17 and diagnosed with hypoglycemia. My weight melted off, which at the time was an added bonus!
My weight has crept up and it's time to address it...I only have about 20lbs to lose, and I think that this is the easiest, most effective way...for ME...

breakfast and snacks are my hurdle...I get fed up with eggs...

I am glad to be here and meet everyone! I am on day 2 and in the 'pink' with my ketostix....

I want to look great for a trip to Florida in a month!
(Am I TOO optimistic?)

Thanks for the kind welcome....
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-01, 09:47
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Susan, and welcome

Karen Barnaby has a great list of terrific and fast snacks and meal ideas in the Tips pages; click here Jazz Up Your Induction I'm sure you'll find something good!

take care, and happy lowcarbing,

Doreen