Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 05:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/212/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Looking for some buddies?

Hi!
My name is Cameron and I need some buddies. I've been on and off the Atkins diet for months now - I can make it about 3 weeks and then I get bored with the diet and gain whatever weight I've lost back. I think my main problem is that I get tired of cooking all of the time. My husband has been on the diet with me, but he is the one that usually suggests that we cheat or eat out - which is where I ruin my diet.
I have about 85 lbs to lose. I weigh 225 and want to weigh about 140.
I think that it would be great if I had a buddy that would help me to get over my boredom with the diet and get past my infamous three week diet cycles. Do you plan on exercising?
I'd love to hear from anyone that also gets bored with the Atkins diet - how do you overcome it?
Do you get tired of cooking all of the time?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 11:25
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey Cmwig!
How's it going?
Perhaps a gag for that husband of your's. LOL Next time he mentions cheating you just stuff a big slab of steak in his mouth.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 15:55

Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi!

I don't know what you are lookin for in a buddy, but I would be more than happy to chat! When I am tempted to cheat or get really bored, I come to this website and read. Or I exercise instead of eating something I really know that in the end I don't want to. Also when I am bored, I search for Quick and easy Low carb recipes. I also get bored cooking, and a lot of my attempts to create my own recipes have been dismal failures. I have found a few things that get me through the bad days...

Also, when we go out to eat, I always keep my meals Low Carb friendly. I order meals with steamed veggies and/or salad instead of the normal starchy sides...

I try to exercise a lot, but a major shoulder injury has kept me from working out as hard as I would like, so that's kind of on the backburner until I get this injury taken care of.

As for me, I started at 252 on June 9, I am down to 225 and would like to end around 165, so we are somewhat similar in that aspect.

Anyway, I have to get back to work...they don't pay me to play on the forum (ok, well lately, that is actually most all I have done...lol)
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 08:22

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi there,

Would you like to join the group at "Buddy Club"? We started about the same time, 2 months ago, there were about 6 of us, but some seem to MIA It's a good supportive group, no pressure, about the same to lose, we sometimes share recipes too.

Hope you both will check us out and join us.