Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 07:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Sunday, March 14

WAKE UP!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 07:49

BF:

9:00 here on the East Coast, and a lovely day it is!

I've decided to give up my latest exercise craze (back-sliding) and get my a$$ in gear. The headache I've had for most of the week is finally gone. Don't know where it came from -- not a migraine -- but it's gone now.

Let's all have a great low-carb day and make good choices!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 08:06

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good morning!

I made tuna patties for dinner last night with broccoli and the rest of the family also had french fries. They turned out really good, I used ground pork rinds in mine and bread crumbs in everyone elses. My dh thanked me for eating the same thing as them. I told him I didn't, they had french fries, I didn't. I said sometimes you get treats sometimes I do.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 08:38

BF:

Good compromise!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:28

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi all.
Got my latest lipids, hormones and thyroid bloodwork back. Here's a comparison between 6 months ago and last month:

Test results Lab Range
(*=HIGH) *Cholesterol Total 242 HDL 75 *LDL 151
Glucose 99 65-109
BUN 22 5-26
Creatine 0.7 0.5-1.5
*BUN/Creatine ratio 31 8-27
Sodium 140 135-148
Potassium 4.4 3.5-5.5
Lyme disease negative
Rheum Arthritis 5.8 0.0-13.9
Triglycerides 78 0-149
Thyroxine T4 1.39 0.61-1.76 Free, Direct
*TSH 0.067L 0.350-5.500
Triiodothyronine, 2.9 2.3-4.2 Free________________________________________ FSH 45.6 23.0-116.3(postmeno)
Estradiol 30 19-528
Progesterone 0.3 0.0-0.7 (postmeno)
Estrogens, Total 115 Post meno < 40
Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA) –negative Neg<=1:40 Sedimentation Rate 10 0-30

Cholesterol Total 225 (DOWN!!)
HDL 68 (women > 55 normal) * LDL 144 (100-130 better)(COMING DOWN)
BUN 18 (5-26)
Creatinine0.7 (0.5-1.75) (LOW-anyone know about this??)
BUN/ Creatinine 26 ( 8-27)
Sodium 137 (135-148)
Potassium 4.4 (305-5.5)
Triglycerides 67 (DOWN AGAIN!!!!)
FSH 27.0 (Post meno 23.0-116.3)
Thyroxine T4 9.9 (4.5-12.0)
T3 Uptake 35 (24-39)
Free Thyroxine Index 3.5 (1.2-4.9)
Anti thyroid Anitbodies
Peroxidase <10 (0-34)
Antithyroglobulin < 20 (0-40)
Estradiol 53 (19-528) (I AM ON 0.05 x weekly)
Estrogens 185 (post meno <40???? But 156-350 for pre meno)

Weight is around the same, so while I am not shedding a lot of pounds, I am getting healthier. Which, I believe, was the premise of PP!

Input, please!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:30

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning Dancing was great-I was the designated driver so drank ice water all night-what a good way to stay on track. I ache this morning though-hips and knees are not in good shape.
Down one pound-should I count it?????
Hope everyone has a good Sunday-will check in later
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:34

BF:

Looking good, Elaine! And you have the right attitude regarding health over pounds. I love when people say to me that my "diet" will kill me. I tell them I'll match my numbers to theirs any day of the week! My numbers have always been in the "good" category, but now they're all firmly in the "ideal" category!

Where's everyone today? Yoo-hoo! Anybody out there?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:35

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

PS, fasting blood sugar was 106. Anyone know about safe ranges for that?
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:56

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Morning, glories!

Sorry I've been scarce around these parts! I am so glad to see all my pals doing well. I'll be back with more soon. I've gotta get the hot water while I still can!

Paris
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:58

BF:

Sorry, Elaine. I don't know nothin' about blood sugars. Maybe Dawn knows.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everyone!!!

i was MIA yesterday. i took one of the girls (th 10yr old) skiing for the first time. i put her in a 1.5hr lesson while i tore up the mountain, then hung out with her for the rest of the day on the bunny hill. she did really great for her first time and she also enjoyed it so i think we may go up again. (i will take the other 7yr old next year, you need to be 8 for the lessons)

then we went out to eat with the bf's brother and his gf. it was italian and i had chicken catchatora with veggies and a salad and antipasta.

i am not having a good LC day so far (you can check out my journal for the details) but i will be good again tomorrow!!!

i think i am going to try for aroung 1600 calories for a while. that will be around 8 calories per pound. will see how we do.

bawdy- re the "backslding" at least you recognise what is going on and not saying the diet doesn't work. good job on getting your mind set and back in gear.

dawn-- you have a pm. did you get it? i was just asking how you get your little dancing pictures to show up in your posts. don't know what you call it to find out how.

blu-- cheer up girl!!! you sound like you have a case of the wintertime blues...(which is easy to get around here!!!)

ellie--i was reading in kat's journal where you were talking about yogurt haveing 4 carbs per cup. i think that was pretty much disproven. there are a ton of discussions about it in the general lc thread and the atkins one also i believe. the latest is that it is not true, so yogurt eaters, beware!! (having said that, i myself eat it all the time, just small abounts mixed with fruit....yummm)

big welcome to songberrie---sounds like you have been given some good advice already. in my household, we have 2 lc-ers and 2 non lc-ers. i make lc casseroles and stir fries, meatloafs, grilled chicken, steaks (the cheap cuts), pork chops all the time and add a side for the non lc-ers. that way i can have more of the casserole and stuff and nobody notices. i love the recipe section here. many great ideas. i also do the bulk shopping thing and freeze alot of meat when it is on sale. as far as treats go, who cares what everybody gets, everybody is getting something. you a cheese cake, them cookies, it all works out and if anybody is upset, hey, at least they are getting teats right!! you can say its this or nothing!!! it is not like you eat a whole cheesecake in front of them while they split another, you each get a slice right....

wow, this may be a record for longest post i have ever typed!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:42

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Talking

Happy Birthday to my 8 year old son Drew
Dawn I have a ? for you if you don't mind????My last 2 fingers on my left hand has hade pins and needles for the past 2 days. It is probably a pinched nerve but do you have any clue where? and how to fix it? I can't aford to see chiropracter right now.....
help please
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:46

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

anyone know how many carbs in costco cheese cake?
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 14:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Sunday

Just realized I posted my last entry on the wrong day !
Thanks to everyone who posted on my journal page! Lots of good tips to ponder today!

If anyone is interested, there is a place on the Atkins site where you can sign up for a Lowcarb Study that is currently being started. You don't have to be on Atkins to do it. I just signed up. Looks kinda interesting !

Happy Sunday to all

Kat
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 16:01

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Bawdy, when you made a comment about 'backsliding', it made me realize, is it the time of year that alot of us get in that mode?? If you look back on this last week how many of us have had a not so good one and have felt like we were struggling?? I can NEVER seem to lose the weight this time of the year! I know that some of mine is that for 2-3 months I do not get a whole nights sleep (calving) I have tried to adjust my diet (has helped some) but some days I am running on no sleep for 2 days and the treadmill is TO hard to even look at! (if I have a spare moment in the house I will be sneaking some sleep!) Maybe we are all in the "hybernating mode!" This thread sure helps and we need to keep knocking each other into the lose it mode! I am modifying my diet alttle, In the mornings I am having the flax cereal with alittle sf syrup, (that way I can consume alot of protein with some carbs, but ALOT less calories!) the for a snack a cheese stick/or canadian bacon, lunch some salad/veggie with some meat, and a light supper. I am hoping that this will change my stubborn body to start losing!

Elaine, Wow that shows your woe is working for your health! I am sorry to not be able to answer your Blood sugar question. to you on your surgery!

Well we are getting into the calving craze now so I will try to write when I have a moment!

I wish I could respond to everyones's thread, but I have a momma cow that I need to check on!

HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!