Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 09:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/144/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool Hi everyone

Hello everyone, a few weeks into Atkins and very pleased so far. My boyfriend suggested that we do this diet, because since we had relocated and I was not working, we both had gained some weight. Fortunately, our friends/neighbors had had success on the Atkins and I bought the book so that I could have our Atkins friends over for dinner sometimes. He is having much more success in weight loss than I am, but I am happy losing much more slowly so it's working out. Most importantly, I FEEL so much better even after a few weeks.

I do have cravings for things I didn't even know I liked so much before! But due to the incredible resourses on the internet, we've been creative to put off any boredom. And I've been forced to hone my cooking skills (which were pretty non-existant) by not cheating anymore in the kitchen with meals-in-a-box type dinners.
The only thing is that our grocery bill has increased some, so some rebudgeting is required.

Some strange reactions: I can't eat eggs anymore ( I can use them in recipes) without getting sick. I used to love them pre-diet, but if I eat eggs for breakfast I am sick.

Also, I had a week of night sweats, is this normal? They've subsided now, but it worried me at first.

Anyway, glad to have read some informative and fun posts. Lookng forward to more.

--T
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 15:10
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome! Check out the recipe thread - lots of good stuff in there.

Hmmmmm don't know what to tell you about the night sweats. Could be your body letting go of a lot of toxins is my only guess.

Just returned from a trip to DC - great city!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:23

BF:

Thanks for the hello Iowagirl, already checking out the recipes, I can never have enough new recipes!

Makes me smile to hear anything about DC, hope you enjoyed your trip.

Happy Day to You--
--T
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 08:14

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I had night sweats, too, and I think it's elevated body temperature from burning fat/ketones. Could be wrong on that, but that's what I chalked it up to...

N.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 09:04

BF:
Default thanks

This makes me feel better to know that, thanks!