Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 16:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304.6/196/172 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Lunch woe-just venting

Went to Honeybaked Ham today for lunch. Been seeing their humongous lc sign on the building. Besides all the meats, their hot plate menu (two side items) is choice of spinach soufflé, green bean casserole, potatoes au gratin and optional fruit. I left off the fruit and they were out of the spinach. My lunch ended up being four slices of smoked turkey and two cups of gb casserole. It was the worse lunch I’ve eaten. I cook better than that just heating gbeans out of the can. I couldn’t even finish it. Afterall, why waste my carbs/calories on something that doesn’t get any better with each bite. And I forked over six bucks for the privilege. What a jip! Ironic—I came in hungry and left the same way. I think they sensed my disappointment. They asked if I wanted something else; don’t know if they meant “free” but I said no as I was the one that ordered it. I was madder at myself for not speaking up (I never make waves) or going with my first inclination of ordering a (safe) salad. It just goes to show though, like someone posted earlier, everyone is jumping on the lc bandwagon but not all lc is lc worthy. I have learned one thing--I have to plan better.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 16:32
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hey Cjay,

Don't be shy about asking for stuff....the restaurants ask because they want to make you happy (usually). Also, they went to a lot of trouble to set up a LC plan. If you did that, wouldn't you want to KNOW if it was set up wrong? How would they know if you don't tell them.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 16:35

Stats: 173/168/135 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I agree. Sounds like they "launched" the lc program before they were ready. Nothing worse than premature launching -well maybe. LOL. Sorry....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 18:16

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

By all means be polite, but let them know THIS lowcarber was not happy, and why.

Our local restaurant started a new low carb menu, and my DH & I got the prime rib with cauliflower and broccoli. The prime rib was really good, but it came with peas & carrots!

We let the waitress know they were not low carb vegetables, and she apologized and replaced them for us. She said, "I asked the cook...aren't all vegetables okay?" I said most of them were, but potatoes, peas, and carrots were not.

So we all learned something, and my husband and I enjoyed our meal.