Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 13:35

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default New member

I am a new member that has been here before and left for a while. I only posted a few times and due to problems with the computer lost the site on my favorates and could not remember the exact name to get back on the site.
I am very happy to get back here and read. There is so much information and it is amazing how big this board is. I am a moderator on another board and we are tiny compared to this board!! There is so much going on here and I am looking very forward to reading it all!
I have been on and off low carb for several years but seriously since last july. Due to a major scare this week, we thought my husband was having heart problems, in fact our second day(mine and his on low carb but it turned out to be just a bad reflux thing. Pain had even gone into his arm and that is what alarmed us. But he had every test known to man ,even a stress test and a night in the hospital even though he asked to leave, they even knew he was fine by then but HAD to keep him to make sure, and now we know he has a clean bill of health. AT forty one and almost seventy pounds over weight, what a great thing to know. But it sure scared us and we are determined that this time will be it. We do feel he has a strong sensitivity to wheat, and since being on low carb for six days today, he has had no reoccurance of the pain in his chest. He worked for 12 years in a professional bread bakery, and we all ate a ton of bread for all those years. We both feel that it contributing to our being heavy now.
I have noticed this time around I dont' have the energy this time that I had by day five or six. I am very tired, but since tom came my day three on the diet and is still here, that could be the reason too, I suppose. I am just looking forward to feeling great. I am taking my vitamins and eating well. No more than 20 carbs and sometimes less for the day too.
I am so happy to be here and looking forward to reading everyones posts, there is sure enough to keep me very busy for a long time!!! Stephie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome back Stephie!

I'm glad to hear that your husband is OK and doing well.

As your probably know, many things can affect your energy level. Hang in there, it will get better.