Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default One year anniversary! Weight loss graph included

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day I bought the Atkins For Life book. Tomorrow will be my one year anniversary LC'ing. I started on this journey last year because my husband and I had gone to stay at a B&B on the coast for our anniversary, and walking around the little coastal towns antiquing made me realize how out of shape and miserable I was. We were planning a trip to Disneyland for Christmas, and I started thinking about me trying to walk around that park and keep up with my kids for 5 days. I knew I would not be able to do it in the condition I was in. I vowed to lose the weight not only for myself, but for my children. They deserve a mother who is healthy enough to enjoy their lives with them.

My progress has been painstakingly slow at times. I lost incredibly well on induction, but then suffered a 7 week stall that nearly broke me. I got through it, and have lost at the rate of about 1 lb per week since then. I feel 100% better, look 1000 times better, have more self confidence than I ever have, and really feel good about myself. Atkins has allowed me to return to the self confident and strong woman that I always believed myself to be, but hid behind my weight.

For those of you just starting out or discouraged by a stall, I have included my weight loss chart from FitDay. You will see it has not always been smooth sailing, lots of stops and starts. But perseverance and belief in this WOE has got me where I am today. I have lost 68 lbs so far. I am down from a size 22 to a size 10. Most importantly, I can honestly say I am happy with myself for the first time in a LONG time.

Tomorrow is also my 9th wedding anniversary. Hubby and I are spending this holiday weekend at the same B&B we went to last year. This year, I will really enjoy strutting through the towns and looking for treasures in the shops!

Robin

Sponsored Links