Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%
Default Monday, Monday

Good morning, thought I would drop in for a quick hello. Long weekend at the hospital. Very heavy patient load and not a lot of staff. Yesterday, I played nursing assistant was a nice break for being the nurse but my back is aching today. Really didn't watch what I ate over the weekend so I am getting back to my treadmill this morning.

I am getting my mammogram this am. Yippee!!! I am glad I only have to look forward to it once a year. My friend is due next week so I suspect I will get cramping any day now. My doctor suggested a uterine artery embolization to deal with it, still need to check this out more.

I check later have a good morning.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 08:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning everyone!

My son Chauncey is staying home today. He has a sore throat and isn't feeling that great. Drat, I was going to do some major cleaning in his room, I wanted to get rid of somethings. I guess I'll have to do it another day.

Eightc - yup, I'm primary secretery. Our primary president loved my cards. She told me that I also needed to make birthday cards for the teachers, she had forgotten to tell me. So, I'll have to get my stamps out again.

Well, I need to go fix breakfast. Oh, I tried a new recipe. It's the potato casserole thats so good, but I used chopped cauliflower instead of hash browns. Mmm, it was good. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 09:37

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all.

congrats shrubie, only 4 posts and you got to start the pp-pals thread!!! that officially makes you one of the gang!!!

i need to get a mammogram done. my mom had breast cancer and so i want to do everything i can for myself. my doc doesn't think it is nesseciary at my age (30). i am going to push the issue next visit (2-weeks frm now)

i tried the flaxseed pancakes yesterday. they were pretty tasty. a bit more to them then the protein powder ones.

have a great monday everybody.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Acipenser, thanks I was surprised no one had started so .... keep pushing to get your mammogram early, they say with a family history it is good to get a baseline earlier. Be your own advocate!!!!

Song, I would love to get your casserole recipe. I looking for some new breakfast items. I am stuck in a rut with my strawberry shake and bacon so may I need some new ideas. Sorry your son is at home it really does cut into your routine. My hubby is traveling the next two weeks and so I am going to try to send my daughter to school on different days when he will be able to bring her home. Usually I get one afternoon to myself, hubby is a principal and lets her go to his extended care program. I am pretty protective of those 4 hours without anyone...Hope he is better tomorrow.

Just wonder, looking for a dessert recipe. My friend is coming and my sweet tooth is aching a little. Any got a LC turtle cheesecake recipe?

Got to go get PQ on the school bus. Have a good one everyone.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 11:32

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Pals,

I was off plan this weekend - had two dinners at places with huge buffets (so all the elderly relatives could eat their special diets) and spent some time spoiling grandkids at places like McD's, Taco Bell and TCBY. I was LC yesterday and am of to a good start today.

Ellie, so sorry to here the hormone issues are back.

Songberrie, sorry to hear DS is ill. Hope you will make that recipe public - it sounds great.

Shurbie, Sorry to hear the weekend was so busy. Hope you get some rest today. ::: Cowling in the corner re: mammograms -it is time for mine also :::

Missing your wit, Bawdy. Hope you will come out and play soon.

Dawn, Your post about DH -- I think our hubby's are twins.

Hi Elaine, Carrie, Shelly (Lissette) and Michele.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:39

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

dang blast it I have the new computer worm
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 16:29

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good afternoon Yesterday I had an eat everything in sight day

Yesterday's menu:

B - 1 cup morning starts cereal, 1 cup CCD milk, 2 cups coffee w/H&H

L - 2 eggs smushed w/1.5 TBS Miricle Whip light, 2 oz deli turkey

Gym - elliptical machine - 45 minutes, 4 miles

S - 1 Dannon Light & Fit stawberry banana smoothie

S - waiting for my dinner to cook, ate 1.5 all beef hot dogs which were for DD

D - 6 oz beef tenderloin grilled, 2 TBS A1 sauce, 1.5 cups broccoli, cauliflower, carrot medley w/2 pats butter

S- Watermelon....to much to count, was shoveling it in faster than I was cutting it up

S - 1 Blue Bunny low carb ice cream bar dipped in almonds

S - You would think I would have had enough by now but no......DH brought in a bowl of watermelon chunks...ate at least 6-7 pieces maybe more

OK....so where did I go wrong? I know I didn't eat enough for breakfast and lunch, did a intense workout and was starving!

Shrubie - LOL...never seen anyone so excited about a mamogram I am very overdue for mine, keep putting it off. I am planning on scheduling one soon

Song - Hope your son is feeling better

Orang - Good to see you post Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. I am quite bummed about the hormone thing too

Bawdy - We are missing you.......

OH......almost forgot! I had to defend our WOE when I went to my ab class this afternoon. The instructor made some comment on how she did Atkins for two weeks (Why who knows b/c she is thin as a rail) and how she had no energy and gained the weight she lost back in 2 days. Well....I couldn't keep my mouth shut and said well I have been doing it for 1 and half years. After the class we talked a bit, I have known her for serveral years. She really believes that there is no energy without carbs. She even said that I could not sustain a cardio workout on my diet! I told her that first off it is not a diet and that I do between 4-5 miles on the elliptical machine 3-4 times a week, plus yoga 3 times a week and abs 4 times a week. Why do people assume that because you are a fitness instructor that you know about nutrition?

My rant for the day
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 17:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just popping in quickly. Some heartening news lately, but still not resolved.

I'm officially down 10 pounds in just over 2 weeks. This is not the plan to emulate, however. Don't worry, I'm really trying to get enough protein, and I'm taking my multi-vitamin every day.

And I'm walking. Man, am I walking. I just pace and pace. I'm walking probably 5 miles a day.

A friend at work was pushing me to try meds to "take the edge off my emotions." Thank you very much, but this is life and I want to feel all my emotions. I was going to tell her that this is what Irish whiskey is for, but her husband is a recovering alcoholic, so I didn't think it would be in good taste. I have, strangely enough, stayed away from the alcohol for the most part. I'll have one drink every couple nights, but that's it.

I appreciate your prayers, well wishes, concern, and support. Just please understand that I'm not very chatty these days and that I have a lot more on my mind than what I'm putting in my mouth. I guess I did find out I'm not an emotional eater. No food sounds good to me, and I have to force myself to eat.

I'm lurking every day and following what everyone is doing. I'm hoping to be chatty again soon.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 18:23

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Here's the recipe

Cauliflower Casserole
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small container sour cream
1 head of cauliflower, steamed and chopped
1 onion, chopped and steamed
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Put cauliflower and onion in a 9x13 pan. Mix sour cream and soup and spread over cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 400 for 1 hour. The original recipe called for 1 cube of melted butter, but it was just all over the top when it came out of the oven, so I think it would be better to leave it out.)

Shrubie - I know what you mean about the breakfast rut. I bought some chopped green peppers in a can, I was going to put some in my scrambled eggs along with cheese and chopped ham, or in an omelet. I to really enjoy my whole 2 1/2 hrs of alone time that I get everyday.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Chauncey. Come to find out, all three of my kids have the same thing. Ugh, I don't want it!

I planted a whole bunch of plants in some raised flower beds out by our patio today. Geez, was it warm out. I sat down in the swing afterwards to go through the mail, and it was just to warm! It was 81 out today, but felt warmer after the workout in the flower beds. It sure looks nice now.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 18:51
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

hello darlinks...

Good to see all your friendly faces and hear updates.. gotta just tie a knot in the rope and hang on sometimes... Can't offer any advice on the garden tractor.. other than : Hire someone!

I tried the new Blue Bunny icecream dipped in almonds too, less expensive, and tasty.. but my bg was a little elevated this morning..not sure if a coincidence or not.. it was not VERY high, just up a little bit. (141)

My legs are puffy and 'stiff' feeling, boy I must have about 10 lbs of water.. I HATE when I hold onto water like this..

Today was our last full day with the students from this round of classes, wed is their last afternoon..they have their final exam and what we call 'closure' we are going to do cinco de mayo pot luck..not sure what I can/should bring...any ideas?

A bunch of us went next door to the sushi rest. and had lunch..and I had a higher carb lunch than I have had so far since I began l/c'ing.... I enjoyed a 1/4 cup of rice with some japanese dumplings and beef teriyaki... and enjoyed hanging out w/ them. I am not going to call this a 'cheat'..but it is definetly one of the highest carb days I have had since January. But my BG didnt seem affected by it at all.

BG: 141
Breakfast: advantage choc pb bar, 1 dannon low carb vanilla yogurt

Lunch: Japanese: miso soup, Gyoza dumplings, 1/4 c. rice, sm. salad, beef terryaki.

BG: 119
Dinner: leftover tuna tofu bake, 1 klondike fudge bar

Net Carbs: 55
Total Calories: 1544

Did I share that the school has asked me to be the teacher for swedish technique for the summer session? Yep.. will be my first class as a Teacher not an assistant. My 'apprenticing' is over..and I will start in June. =)

I will be Making mini me's..

#11   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:47

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi everyone
Just have a quick minute to let you know that I stopped by and read every one's posts and to stay hi.
Puppy is doing great-teenagers are driving me nuts.
So-I am going to give up for the day and go to bed. Maybe a better day will come with morning.
Love to all,
Carrie
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:59
Registered Member

Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

I'm heading to bed, too, but I thought I'd stop in and say 'Hi'. I sure am glad Monday's over!

Unity: If you think having the worm on your home computer is bad, our computers at work have been down for over a weak because of it! My work just keeps piling up and up and up!

I did have a little good news today, though. I weighed this morning and lost 3.5 lbs last week! Hopefully my slump is over.

Hope everyone has a great night and a better morning!

Batty