Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 10:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile Carb Sulutions Bars & Shakes made with splenda!!

I just started adding in Lc bars & shakes & found out Carb Sulutions is made with sucrolose (splenda) Ive been finding alot of stuff in the store now made with splenda.Blitz power mints are made with splenda now.I found hot chocolate made with splenda the other day Im hoping & praying splenda will take over as the artificial sweetner of Choice!!! Maybe SF ice cream made with splenda will be next. It will be great if when I get to maintnance I'll be able to have occasional treats that are made with splenda.I have yet to see if the bars & shakes will stall me I hope not but we will see.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 13:36
Registered Member

Stats: 227/184/135
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Carb Solutions

I think the Carb Solutions Bars are wonderful but I am wondering if they are really "legal" on the Atkins diet. My confusion is over the carb listing on the back of the package. For example, the Chocolate Cappuccino lists the carbs as 21g but directs you to a box that says the Net Carb Count is 2. I'm hoping that you have this all figured out. I notice that you have done great on this diet. Keep up the good work. It's so encouraging.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 14:24

BF:

You do half to be careful some of the flavors are higher Carb Like chocolate mint had 24 carbs there was only 3 flavors with 2 carbs I checked it out real good before I bought any it does take out the carb content for the fillers I havnt had a problem with stalling from fillers yet so we will see.I figured Id try it this week if no weight loss Im cutting them out next week.They would work real good thow during TOM cravings.I am real leary of them thow.Just thought it was neat they were made using splenda. Thank you for the compliment. Oh yeah the metabolift bars also only have 1 carb but they have ephedra in them which I dont care for there sweetner is also splenda.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 16:04

Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default Low carb bars

I have tried them and I also have tried Advant,carb solution bars, which I didn't like at all. I have decide to stay away from them unless I absolutely have to have something sweet, which is usually during TOM. Anyway, I also noticed your stats, that is really good, how long have you been on atkins? I only hope that I can do as good as you have. Also, how do you get your bf results on your stats. But then again, I would almost be afraid to post mine, I would be afraid that someone would make fun of me. Funny how I am still self conscience about my self, even though I am losing at a steady pace. Maybe someday I will be comfortable with my body. Have a good day, Belle
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 16:49

BF:

Belle,

Ive been LC since 12/31/01 but didnt get serious LCing until I bought Atkins book 2 weeks latter its been almost 5 months with a 37 pnd loss & a 37 inch lost .As far as BF % Go to your profile & go to edit profile theres now a spot for your body fat % I dont go to the GYM I do my workouts at home & just started working out 2 weeks ago I figured My BF % out using the work sheet in Protein Power book. My BF is still pretty bad as all my weights in my stomach & hip area & thats the area you use to get your % using Protein POwers worksheet.Im going to go buy a BF scale soon. I have had fits & starts I get most of my weight loss in 3-5 pnd wooshes then stall out a few weeks until after TOM again. Now that Im working out the weight loss has stalled a bit but thats just a + sign Im building muscel mass. I probably wont have the LC bars next week But plan on Continuing the LC shakes after my work outs.Your doing terrific!!!!CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS. It will come off we have the rest of our lives on this WOE it will half to leave!!! Stop by my journal somtime...Take care & Happy loosing
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 15:24
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb

Thanks for the info. It makes sense. I was on vacation and then on the run for three weeks and relied heavily on the bars. I was very careful with everything else. Walked a whole lot. And didn't lose an ounce. I'm guessing that it was the bars ... hidden carbs. Thanks ... I'll be more careful now.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 22:07
Registered Member

Stats: 272/210/150
BF:
Progress: 51%
Thumbs up Carbo Lite Bars

Have any of you tried the Carbo Lite chocolate bars? They are heaven! Zero Carbs and made with Splenda. They taste like regular candy bars. I like to offer them to some of the people at work and then after they ooohhh and aaahhh, I show them the carb content (or lack there of).
Here is the site that I order from: http://www.morico.com/
I've also been lucky enough to find them in some stores.
Let me know what you think!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 22:14

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

They stalled me
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 05:33
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Yes, I have tried the candy bars and I love them. Can't tell them from regular chocolate. I buy mine a Walmart. Thanks for the suggestion.

~Teddi
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 18:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Have any of you tried the Carbo Lite chocolate bars? They are heaven! Zero Carbs and made with Splenda. They taste like regular candy bars.

LowCarb Products moderator here.

Go ahead and enjoy the Carbolite Candy/Chocolate Bars (and any other 'sugarfree' chocolate, like the Supreme DeLite, the Ross, the Atkins Endulge...) but DON'T be thinking they're zero carb. They are sweetened with Splenda but the biggest sweetener amount in there is a sugar alcohol, either maltitol or lactitol depending on the brand, and they have calories per serving (therefore carbs). Use the Hidden Carb calculator and KNOW what you're eating, don't kid yourself.

They can also cause 'digestive distress' in lots of people or in more than 1 serving or both... i.e., gas and painful diarhea.

Take care you're ready to pay the potential price... there's lots of posts right here in the Products forum about hidden carbs and sugar free chocolate and even the specific brand names. Take the time to have a read... K?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 19:02
Registered Member

Stats: 272/210/150
BF:
Progress: 51%

Thanks Island Girl. I will keep reading!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 15:09
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/150/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I really like the EAS Cookies and Cream bars. 2g of carbs. The Carb Solutions bars aren't bad either.

However, I really think that the bars stall my loss. I seem to do better without them. Funny, I can have a big cup of coffee with Splenda, regular creamer and a dash of flavored creamer and lose better. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Shelley
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 21:33

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 142/126/125
BF:26
Progress: 94%

The lc bars are addicting - they are too good but they sure help when you are having a craving if you can convince yourself not to have another one for at least 2 hours. By then I will have forgotten about them - usually. I think they stall weight loss because they have so many calories. After all, if you are adding a 250 calorie bar here and there it does add up. Atkin's advantage bars are not as good as carb solutions but a lot less addicting for me. Nevertheless the bars are a godsend when you've got to have something sweet. Heck, if you have to binge you could have 4 of them, satisfy your sweet tooth and probably not gain any weight.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 09:08

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%

Four of them?!!
Oh my, I'd be doubled over in pain. Learned that mistake early on. I only rely on those bars when I have to. Keep one in my purse and at work. They're good because no refrigeration needed. But I find that I have limit my intake.
One of my friends just a huge shipment from the States of Low-Carb diet, Protein Diet, Carb Solutions and Carb-rite bars. so far I've only tried two. Delicious, so much better than those Atkins advantage bars. But I treat them as an occasion extra.

YMMV.

Lolabug.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 12:26

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 142/126/125
BF:26
Progress: 94%

I guess I didn't mean the bars with splenda. I don't believe I could eat 4 of those and live! I don't use the carbolyte products because of all the sorbitol type sweeteners. I stick to the bars that aren't quite as good like the Atkins advantage bars.