Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/241/155
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Attn Pickle Lovers:Found new brand of pickle

I went grocery shopping yesterday and at the grocery (it was at Martins grocery, a sub of Giant) I just happened to spot "Mt. Olive Bread and Butter pickle sandwich stuffers"s and the jar said SUGAR FREE . I checked the back label and sure enough it stated NO CARBS on the thing. I promptly bought 3 jars. The sweetener used to make the pickles was SPLENDA ... I thought I'd pass it along here. If your grocery doesn't carry them but does carry the Mt. Olive brand, just go to customer service and plead with them to order some. Most grocery stores are glad for the input (especially if there's a "guarrenteed" market)...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:35

Stats: 258/241/155
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default oops

Teaches me to read the jar...I was wrong a serving size is 2 slices and there's < 1 gm of carbo in the serving (I was looking at the DV which was 0%) Yet it's on par with a dill pickle and it does taste pretty good...*lol*
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 13:51

Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%

I bought a jar of these pickles yesterday and tried them today in my tuna salad. I DON'T like dill pickles in tuna salad. Yech! I like dills ok, just not in tuna. Anyway, I like these splenda-sweetened pickles! They made a major difference in my tuna salad and I think they are worth both the money (really not more than regular sweet pickles at my store) and worth the carbs. Thanks for posting this one.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

So you both know, there's quite a stack of posts about this pickle somewhere in the last couple of months.

Enjoy cruising the Products Forum...