Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 16:02

Plan: OWL - Induction Carbs
Stats: 385/321/225 Male 75 inches
BF:BMI 48.1/40.1/28.1
Progress: 40%
Post Fitday PC Users Unite! - Wish-list and Bugs?

Hello all,

I use the PC version of Fitday and LOVE the program. This WOE would be much harder, and less fun without it, IMHO. That said, after using it for over a month, I have begun to list those things which I feel can be added, improved, etc. as well as any bugs I may have found.

I am making this post to ask you, as fellow Fitday PC users, to also list any suggestions, quirks, bugs, etc. that you would like addressed in the first update for this fine program. I will let this post simmer and build for approximately a week or so, consolidate the pertinent information, and then forward our suggestions and discoveries to the author and see if they can be implemented for the first update (when and if that will ever be).

Here is MY list so far:

Wish-list
  • Forum at the Fitday PC website to allow users to discuss the software.
  • Ability to save output to a webpage or as an HTML file
  • Ability to synchronize with online version
  • Ability to sort items alphabetically
  • Copy/Paste functionality isn't always present in various places. Right-click menu with these functions would be very useful in ALL instances where a textbox can be filled.(i.e. entering cutom foods).
  • If I make a "meal" as a custom recipe, I would like it to show each item used as part of that meal still listed individually in the "Breakdown Graphs" for nutrients, fats, etc. Currently, if you use a "meal" as one custom recipe, the individual nutrients ALL become listed as coming from that one meal, rather than each item which comprised the meal. Not useful to see which items of that meal are contributing which nutrients.
  • Ability to save a new "Custom Food" immediately as a "Favorite". Having to save it as ONLY a custom and then move it into your favorite list is a hassle.
  • Would like ability to rename Favorites, within the favorites pane - similar to being able to rename a Favorites folder. I do not like having to open a Favorite item as a "custom" to simply rename it. Also, when doing this, would like the change to flow down through the database and change all previously entered items to that new name. Sometimes simply changing the name cause a "new" custom food to be created, thus causing discrepancies with a single custom item having multiple names within the database.
  • Ability to STOP a "Nutri-search" after it has begun, without having to wait for it to complete.
  • Would like the "auto-complete" drop-down function to be added to the "Find A Food" search tab - similar to how it fuctions when adding a food manually within the daily food log.
  • If I create a new "Meal Name" (i.e. Brunch), I would like it to show up as a choice on the left side in my Food Log if I choose to "Group Foods By Meal" - not only have it as a choice in the drop-down box if I add the "Meal" column.
Bugs
  • In the "Food Log" section, with the "Day Summary" displayed on the bottom - if you choose "Categories" in the "Day Summary" and elect to breakdown your daily intake by "Meal" - not ALL of the nutrients graphs appear correctly. This is completely random in nature and doesn't always affect the same nutrient.
However, the graph appears correctly in the "Reports, Diet Advanced, Nutrition by Meal" section even if it doesn't in the "Day Summary".
  • Fitday currently has 2 "different" options listed for flaxseeds in it's database. If you search for "flax", you will see them both listed:
    • Flax seeds (which doesn't allow for tablespoons)
    • Seeds, flaxseed (I use this entry and it does have tablespoons)
Strangely enough, the second option isn't listed under the "Browse" menu (if it is, I can't find it) and the counts are all very high for the first listing - higher than the USDA data.
Well, That is all I have for now. PLEASE contribute if you can. Also, if you DON'T use the PC version of Fitday, then please be nice and don't hijack this thread with unrelated posts. I am sincerely trying to use this as a way to submit some useful ideas to the Fitday creators.

Thanks to ALL who contribute. And remember, there is no such thing as a stupid idea - only stupid people.

JFF

Last edited by JustForFun : Fri, Mar-12-04 at 20:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 16:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wow - great list! I am new to the software and just starting to play with but just reading your list you identified several of my wishes - i.e. you hit on some of the things I've already found to be annoying! In the unlikely event that I come up with something different I will post it, but I think you have done a great job covering the issues.

PecanPie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 17:50

Talking

*bumped for input*
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 17:53

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Did you download it or buy the cd? Just curious.... I am thinking about downloading it....
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:05

I downloaded it.

JFF
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:27

Stats: 116/116/110 Female 5'4
BF:15%
Progress: 0%

I've been hearing great things about Fidtday and just attempted to outline what I ate today. What I find most annoying is that all of the foods aren't there. And the foods that are there, they give you a default portion size. For example, I had about 1 oz. of cheese today and when I enter it in the foods eaten, it defaults to 1 cup! I can't change it.

Also, in the fitness section:
I walk for an hour every morning and it tells me that I'm only burning 150 calories, when my treadmill says 700.

Is the downloaded version different from the online version?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:38

BF:

Hi - I downloaded it - high speed connection was less than 5 minutes. Was able to put it on two computers (I travel) with permission. I have not used the web version but so far (1 week) I have had no trouble entering serving sizes - they are all there - I did have to sort out tomatoes - but someone on the boards helped me to understand that. I think it is a great tool and worth the $19.95.

PecanPie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecanPie
I did have to sort out tomatoes - but someone on the boards helped me to understand that

I'm hurt, PecanPie.

That was me.

JFF
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 19:47
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

I agree with all of your suggestions.
it would be very nice to enter in recipes in custom foods, that have all ingredients there, so when you choose that selection, EVERYTHING appears! ( if that makes sense)
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:04

Fitday PC does that rosey1.

JFF
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:18

Added the "flax seed" discrepancy. See OP.
JFF
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 22:21

BF:

Quote:
I'm hurt, PecanPie.

That was me.

Did I forget to mention that I forget a lot ...
At least now you know how much I appreciated your help!

PecanPie
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 06:41
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

Bug: Advanced diet reports, Nutrient Statistics. Select a 28 day interval, nutrient = calories report does not accurately count the number of days with calorie data. Now select interval = 1 year, nutrient = calories. Again the report does not accurately count the number of days.

I'm concerned that whatever bug is causing the miscount could also be feeding miscount info in the nutrient histogram report.

Features: Sure wish I could record body fat as well as weight, and have reports to show stats on lean & fat body mass over time.

Lynda
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 06:41
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hi I use the downloaded fitday and I find it terrific.

My wishlist

*To print out the recipes or at least be able to put the information in a single sheet formate so I can post it on lowcarb.ca.
*To be able to zoom into the goal graph. I have alot to lose and my daily wieghings are a little blimp on the whole goal. I like to see the whole thing but I would like to zoom in to see a particular area without recreating another graph.
*Put Custom Foods Alphabetically.
*A way to see how much water you drank in a given day. you can add water but it doesn't show your total liquids.. ok ok you could grab a calculator but you did say wish
*A Database to download new foods from the Internet
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 09:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>Added the "flax seed" discrepancy. See OP.

DOH! You beat me to it. But please note that it's not just the tablespoon thing, it's the fact that the nutritent content is different for those entries. See The Snot Thread for details.

(edit: ) I see you already read it. [voiceover=Gilda Radner] Nevah Mind. [/voiceover]