Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 19:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/193/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Talking have you dramatically changed your hair?

i just reached the -20 pound goal and my present was to get my hair highlighted! i went, but chickened out. i currently have medium brown long hair. i then bought a box of blonde hair color (champange blonde), as it said it would change it to blonde for my hair color. however, it did not on the test strip. it just stayed the same. i have been off work for 2 months since i am a teacher and i was hoping to go back to work with a tanned new figure and new hair. has anyone changed their hair? i feel the need to have new hair since i will have a new body.

please let me know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 20:24

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I think changing your hair is a great idea! I only hide the gray these days, but my daughter changes her hair several times a year. She has dark blond/light brown hair. She's tried it all red, just red highlights, blue highlights (yes blue! ), blond highlights. She just told me today that she wants to go cut 7 inches off and put red highlights back in.

I say go for it! It'll make you feel good about yourself.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 20:27

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Oh yeah....

I have mousy brown hair and I started highlighting it a couple of years ago. Best thing I ever did, it brightened my face right up. Definitely a good thing to go with the weight loss.

I highly recommend foil highlights rather than the cap ones, and preferrably more than one shade of blonde, to look more natural. My stylist uses 4 shades. I just recently got her to switch from 10 volume to 20 volume bleach and I like it even more.

Go for it!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 01:23

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

Yep, I'm all for a change in hair... people that know me joke that i'm like Madonna.. never the same colour for long.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 01:50

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I've never changed hair color...but I've fantasized about going blonde....or bald!! In fact...I told my godchild (age 15) that I was thinking about going bald...and she said NO don't do that.. My DH dared me to cut off all my hair....a dare I don't think I will take....(cluck cluck cluck)...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 03:10

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

im like a chamelon i change my hair color at least every 3 months... my fav is platnium blonde.. right now im a mousy brown.. but thursday i will be platinum with WHITE (yes i said WHITE) highlights
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:18

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

does cutting 12 inches off of my red hair count as doing something with it? My dd and I both did 12 inches for wigs for kids. . .so I went from a long haired red head to a short and sassy red head. . .and although my hair was thick and long there was no appriciable weight loss . . .this is my second time doing this. . .I did it 4 yrs ago too. . .my hair grows fast. redawn
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:44
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by redawn
does cutting 12 inches off of my red hair count as doing something with it? My dd and I both did 12 inches for wigs for kids. . .so I went from a long haired red head to a short and sassy red head. . .and although my hair was thick and long there was no appriciable weight loss . . .this is my second time doing this. . .I did it 4 yrs ago too. . .my hair grows fast. redawn

man I wish my hair grew like that!! the main reason I have not done anything (lenght wise) to my hair is the last time I cut it short was in 3rd grade (above my shoulders and NOT my idea lol) and I am now 21 and barely gotten it to my waist
as far as color last night I went black again but because it was red underneath is more black with purple highlights which looks awsome imo
I have had blonde, red (a few shades...mainly firey reds) blue, purple, and black but unforantly my hair tends to not bleach out well so its kinda streaky (except with black of course) my natural hair color is dark brown / alburn I think.. lol its been about 6 or so years since I have seen it
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 10:29

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Last month I went shorter and from gray to a brown with golden highlights. I have been told it made a difference of 20 to 30 years off my look. It has been strange to see this new person in the mirror, I thought I looked softer with the gray but my husband said I looked washed out and he has since bought me an emerald braclet. Who am I to argue with that?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:11

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think changing your hair is great! It's the first thing I do to give me a "pick me up." It's amazing how changing the length, cut, or color of your hair just makes you feel sexier...or whatever look you're going for

My hair's been through all kinds of cuts, and I've had purple, red, and blonde hair. I've been dying to try a vibrant blue or black with red chunks....but I don't think it would help me in getting a job
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:23
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I just did this as a reward for myself. I went from medium/dark brown to strawberry blondish with blond highlights, but it was too dramatic for me LOL! SO, I just went darker to a dark brown with reddish highlights. I love it now.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:52

Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

I just changed my hair to a a dark brown underneath and on the bottom with soft reddish brown on the top and chunky blonde highlights. It is a big change but it made me feel really good about myself.

I've always gone from color to color, red, dark brown with red highlights ( I looked like a vampire), and light brown but have always gone back to blonde. I'm thinking that I might stay with this brown highlighted color for a while.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:50
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymi
I've been dying to try a vibrant blue or black with red chunks....but I don't think it would help me in getting a job

depends on the type job!
I actully am not suposed to have "unnatural" colored hair at my job but they have not said anything but once (one of the times I did it blue) I guess they just desided to give up lol I wore alot of BRIGHT hair falls right after they told me re dye it ... they couldn't say anything since there was nothing in the dress code about wearing fake hair lol
of course the shock of it has worn off since I been there 4 years now and tend to push the dress code whenever I can ...says nothing in there about white lipstick or red eyeliner... or leather/chain jewelry and of course I dare someone to say somthing (other then the occasional associate who tells me I am going to hell )
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 14:49

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

I am fairly certain hell is not the destination for bold individuals. . .satan wants followers not leaders <g> I too am a push the edges grrl. Mother nature gave me in your face hair color and three red headed children. . .I put in the nose ring and the thin tail of hair down to my waist (the rest of my hair is above my shoulder) and everybody at church would HATE it if I were to take out the nose ring or cut the tail. People at church are forever running up to me saying in a panic "did you cut your tail?" and I pull it out of the choir robe where it had been hiding. I am the token freak at church. I sing solos, serve on vestry and am the children's choir assistant. I am a well entrenched freak. My touch of the odd is to 'disturb the comfortable' . . .I want people to make a snap decision on me. . .I double dog dare them to! Cause they will be wrong! HA! redawn
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:54

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Trying new looks is good. It can do a lot for your attitude and for your self esteem. It's a good reward for when you reach milestones, too.