Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 04:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Angry atkins side effects

the weight must come off to fast, causes my wife of 22 years to become a jealous huzzy. shes got it bad, pissed me off last night
acused me of messing around with a lady at work... so if your on the askins diet you need to be very carefull of the other half side effects.
looking for a cure at this time besides the big D. ps shes gone crazy!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 05:18
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

This is because they tell woman that one of the warning sign that the husband is cheating, is him losing weight. Right now she is running sceared. Finds ways to reassure her.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 05:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

It sounds like she is a bit insecure - this is not only a new way of life for you, but for her as well. Maybe try giving her a little extra attention, tell her how beautiful she is, and how you love her and only her. Then maybe have a heart to heart talk and make it really clear to her that there is no-one else for you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:33

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

It is too bad your wife feels insecure...Mary is right. A "warning" sign is a major lifestyle change, which is what you are doing. There are so many reasons to lose weight. Health is a major one. Let her know appearance isn't the only reason you wanted the weight off. Given your job, I would think being healthier, feeling terrific and being in better shape would make things less stressful for you at work. Explain that to her, too. Does she have a weight problem? That could be the root cause of her attitude if she does.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 19:57

BF:

thank you all for your info, she does need to lose about 40 pounds. she dont believe anything i say. come to far i aint know quiter thanks guys...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 20:14

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

My husband has become a tad bit jealous lately, which is extremely unusual for him! He hasn't started any arguments or anything...just more quite comments that I wouldn't even notice if I weren't really in tune with him. I have just tried to do exactly what teresemay suggested...just give him (even) more attention, and let him know in small ways that it's just my weight and health changing...not my love for him. He really is happy and amazed that I've come this far - we both are. But it's a difficult transition for both of us. Now that I think about it that's one good reason for the weight loss to have slowed a bit. Gives us more time to get used to it. Just be patient with her and things will likely smooth out.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 21:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/176/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 27%

i agree with the others. She needs to know that you love her, and only her. Show her in lots of different ways. She will get the picture and start to really like the new attention.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 04:32

BF:

thanks everyone, i was just feeling so good about the losing the weight, i should payed more att to her. hey it took me 22 years to train her, i cant see starting over with one thats not even house broken...lol
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 05:02

BF:

hey im sorry but ya know whats next, its like a damn soap opra around here. but it is only in her mind. who knows whats next. kinda scared to come home from. work maybe she watches to many soaps.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:26

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%
Default I know it's been 22 years, but . . .

You're going to have to get into the courtship mode all over again.
Perhaps it is the soap operas, combined with a sense of insecurity, and possibly a little jealousy (maybe she sees the weight loss as being easy for you - and she's seen so many people who have a hard time - and perhaps even herself).

Certainly, I can't get into her head and discover the root of her concerns, but this is a time to tread lightly, and get terribly affectionate (hopefully it won't make her even more suspicious).
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:46

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Oh dear.............. heres a little different point of view????

I have read some of your posts and I'm not critizing you here, but you have done a fair bit of bragging about the women at work looking at you and not your friend etc, If you have been a little over zealous at home expressing the same information, no doubt you have got her thinking and god knows where thta can lead to with a guy or a girl!
So how about just keep trying to reassure her and tone down the" I've done so well, look so good" cause a little goes a long way with the ones you are with daily

LOL you trained her!!! All us wifes out here know the truth,

Cheers Kathy
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:19

BF:

oh no if she ever finds that she will be bad.... thanks kathy think ill make a run for it. :0 how do you change screen names kathy

Last edited by idontno : Thu, Mar-04-04 at 19:35.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 20:07

BF:

thanks for all the help guys, i guess im in big truble when she finds this site. so i guess if this is the last post ya see from me. you will know she found it. prob
be in the etexas papers lady murders husband over web site post...lol i been trying to get her to start atkins diet it wont take her long to find this site when she does... man im hit either way.... maybe i should put the fat back on at lest it wont hurt as bad when shes hitting me.... man this atkins diet has lotsa side effects should be some kinda warning labels.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 10:45

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

LOL so funny!!!

Hey the little faces are'nt working today??

Oh well you know which ones I would of posted, tee, hee!
Kathy
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 19:47

BF:

dang it kathy quit laughing, she prob going to kill me.
they wont let me change my screen name, i think their siding with her you women need to quit sticking togther.
ya just when i fugured out this site is a trap for big mouthed maried men i was all ready in it.... believe me i aint prissing no more around here. im hit!