Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 09:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default It finally happened, I cheated bad!

I still haven't figured out what happened yesterday. I gave in to pretty much all of my temptations. It all started, I had to go to work yesterday at 5, I didn't feel like going to the trouble of making me my regular chicken salad and water. I did drink water, but I had a sandwich instead, my first no-no. It only gets worse. Against my better judgement, I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work and got vanilla creme frappacino, it was really good, but I felt horrible about getting it. My next one is my worse one. I am a cashier at Target, and it seemed all night long people kept buying rolos candy. I gave in and finally bought one package, ate it, every piece, and when I went on break, bought another one and ate every piece within 15 minutes. I feel horrible, not only physically, but emotionally. I caved in when I have told myself for months that anything with carbs I could put in my mouth is not as good a feeling as the feeling I get when I see the numbers go down on the scale. I will chalk it up to a carb day, a very bad carb day. That's not all, I forgot, my friend who lives with us for the moment bought some oatmeal creme pies at the store yesterday. I ate two of those also. The funny thing was that they weren't all that fantastic, and I haven't figured that little binge out either. So, there it is. My sins in black and white. I'm ready for my words of scorn. Not that any other words than mine could be as bad as any other person could have to say to me.
Have a good day, Belle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 09:43

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Wow you did have a sugar filled day.

Drink lots of water today and be prepared for the after shock of cravings today and tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up too badly, but get right back on the low carb wagon.

I too sometimes have one of "those days", however I am also displined enough to get myself back on the wagon and no more carb binges for months. Don't let one day turn into a week or month of binging. Remind yourself this is not okay behavior and in order to lose you need to eat healthy.

#3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 15:14

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

you've just learned a great lesson! If you start on sugar mid-day (or worse, in the morning), your blood sugar starts that roller coaster ride. That we continue to eat sugar all day long does not mean we are weak...it's a physiological process! When I just can't resist a cheat, I almost always force myself to do it last thing in the day, after a regular LC meal. Either the urge dissipates before I get there, or if I succumb, at least I wake up in the morning without cravings, eat a protein-rich breakfast, and the cravings the rest of that day are minimal.

Life is learning. Rather than feel bad, try to be amazed at the clear bit of education you just got!