Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:24

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Unhappy RE: Alright, I admit it, I'm an addict

Up until last night, I've been able to either completely resist all the "bad" LC items or at the least just have a nibble and tell myself "boy that tastes AWFUL." Well, up until last night. Fiance said he was craving popcorn. No biggie. I've been perfectly able to make HC treats for people and have no problem resisting. Not last night. HC treat was popcorn balls. I ate like 3 cups of that crap and my mouth actually started bleeding inside from all the sugar. I had terrible nightmares to boot!

Well, that settles it. I'm not a perfect LCer. I'm a sugar/carb addict and now I have to face it.

Annie G.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:38

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

sounds like a very positive experience to me! You ate it, you had a bad reaction, you noted that, and you took that learning in--great stuff. I bet you a cyberdollar that you won't do it again tonight, right?

I had a whole month of return to sugar addiction and I tell you, it was the best part of the whole past year and a half--yup, even better than the weeks I lost 3 pounds. I too learned what problem foods these are for me, how hard they were to get back off once I had started, and that they really didn't taste all that good. And the return of various symptoms--ish!

As i say, it's not a bad thing to experience at all. It can actually be a "light bulb moment"--so I applaud you for seeing what happened!