Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 16:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins -- Zone
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:no clue; yikes! ;)
Progress: 0%
Post new GO'er (?)

If y'all have some time, can you explain a little bit bout GO? That seems to be the one diet I havent read about!! I haved dabbled in the zone and atkins ... curious if this diet is a little less restricting!

thanks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 06:25

Plan: protein power-GO diet
Stats: 224/179/166 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default GO Diet

GO diet allows up to 50 grams a day in carbs after the initial period, so is a bit less restrictive than Atkins, but the major differences are that a focus is on eating a large percentage of fat from monounsaturates(olive oil, macadamias, almonds, avocados, etc.)and an emphasis on fermented dairy products like yogurt and kefir. I try to blend GO diet principles into my low carb hybrid...I think it's a bit more health focused.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 21:27

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

I used to do 60 grams of carbs a day and still lost weight - sometimes think about going back to that!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

I don't really follow the Go-Diet but I do incorporate the principles into my low carb eating. I eat plain full fat yogurt and yocheese and incorporate nuts and nuts butters fairly liberally. I find I am satisfied and feel "healthy" with these additions to my basic menu which is servings 4-6 ounce servings of meat/poultry/fish and abundant servings of low carb veggies plus oils and fats to serve it with and cook. I try to use olive oil for cooking and avoid trans fats like the plague... but I do have saturated fats such as butter and feel fine about that.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: combo of different plans
Stats: 208/199/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

The Go-Diet is being changed into the Four Corners Diet, a new book out by Dr. Jack Goldberg, creator of the plan.

This book will be released in February 2004; I found it after doing a low carb book search on amazon.com.

I'm glad they're changing the name! The Go-Diet did sound a bit corny! I'm sure the book will have updated information for us.

It was Dr. Goldberg who taught me to incorporate yogurt and flax meal into my meals....with great results.

Although, like others, I don't really follow his "diet", the principles are great and can be used by anyone.

I'm looking forward to the new book, since I don't have Yahoo and can't access his support website.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 10:00

Plan: protein power-GO diet
Stats: 224/179/166 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

That's good to know, I'll be sure to read the Four Corners book. the GO diet might not be the best for rapid weight loss, but with it's emphasis on monounsaturated fats and yogurt and kefir, I think it's a very healthy diet.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: combo of different plans
Stats: 208/199/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

I totally agree Ira. I have his Go-Diet book, his audio cassette, and I used to belong to his support group, before he changed his site over to Yahoo. You can still access the main site (not the support group), at www.go-diet.com, but I have a ton of problems accessing the support site, even though I joined Yahoo and got set up with a password, etc.

If anyone belongs to the support site, if you can pass along some words of help in actually accessing the site, I would be most appreciative!

That said, I am not actually on the Go-Diet, but love his recipes and incorporate the many good features like eating yogurt, flax meal, lots of low starch veggies, etc. I am actually on a plan called the Insulin Resistance Diet, but incorporate many Go-Diet features.

I am looking forward to his new book, because I plan to eat this way for life.