Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 03:39

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%
Exclamation Coral Calcium and Atkins

I am watching Debbie & Kevin, which is basically an infomercial for Dr. Bob Barefoot's Coral Calcium. He says he is an avid fan of Dr. Atkins, but the problem is that because you are reducing fruit and such, that a lot of people find it hard to stay on Atkins. He said that taking the calcium will make Atkins people 100 times more likely to succeed.

Kevin (the host) was on Atkins and had problems staying on because, although it was effective, he was craving carbs still. After taking this, his cravings were eliminated.

I did a quick search on the internet, and rehab centers use calcium/magnesium supplements on alcoholics and the like to stabilize their cravings.

Anyways, about a month ago my father ordered some coral calcium and he has noticed an improvement in eyesight, less pain (he's had 5 neck and back surgeries), and sleeps better at night. My mother has lost weight just from taking it. A best friend of the family has breast cancer, and started taking it and since she's started taking it, her doctors have been shocked at her improvement. It almost looks like she's reversing it. We're crossing our fingers.

Also, I'm doing CAD, so I don't know whether it is CAD or the coral calcium that vanished my cravings (prolly both), my coworker that started on Atkins 4 months ago (and had problems with cravings, so was gonna switch to CAD, but I suggested this) started taking it a week and a half ago and she has no cravings and her energy has skyrocketed.

Well, anyways, I just wanted to suggest a great supplement to the Atkins. I can't tell you how much I love low carbing, but I can tell you I love coral calcium just as much. I wanted to share to you guys, cause something this amazing shouldn't be kept in closets.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 04:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (OWL)
Stats: 259/213/180
BF:???/25%/12%
Progress: 58%
Default Hey Luv67fire I agree w/ u

I began taking Coral Calcium about two weeks ago and I love it. When I first started consuming the product I got such a rush.... I couldn't believe it.

I didn't even notice that I haven't had any cravings.

Are you also taking Dr. Warburg's supplement?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 14:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Dr Warburg? I am not familiar with his supplements... what are they?

All I know is that so far everything Barefoot has claimed is true. My friendm who has breast cancer, took a PH strip test (extremely acidic) and started taking it. Hers is getting more and more alkaline and she is feeling better and better.

What I think is just crazy though, is my dad's eyesight. He is 49 and eyesight improvement is not common when youre that old!