Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking Craving Peanut Butter!!

I'm absolutely craving Peanut Butter!! I can barely stand it!!

Anyone have PB on induction? I am very picky about what I have on induction. And of course nuts are a no-no. Hmmmm maybe I'll go get a Carbolite Peanut Butter bar after work.

Although I'd like to not add that in either!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 10:55

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I actually found myself, spoon in hand, contemplating the peanut butter jar.

I have a small jar of macadamia butter in the fridge, and I might take a teeny amount and put it on one of those Atkins muffins if the urge gets TOO bad, but for now I'm trying to sweat it out 'til I'm through with induction. (Which may be in the next week or so anyway. I'm re-evaluating my progress.)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

I have the same craving (that and chocolate). I did try the atkins chocolate peanut butter protein bar... it really does taste like peanut butter! I was shocked. I don't find the bars stall me as long as I eat one in the morning (I replace my eggs and bacon on the weekend with a low carb bar... it's a nice change without the hassel of cooking). I've been planning on picking up some sugar free peanut butter.. but to be honest, I have reservations that it'll taste any good. Then there's the fear that if it does taste good I'll over-do it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:05

BF:
Talking

Well luckily for me there is no PB in my house!!

I am afraid I may over do it too...so for now I think my best bet is to have 1/2 a Carbolite PB cup. That should do it.

I'm in too deep to ruin it all for a taste of something. I'd rather taste victory!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Glycemic Load
Stats: 232.8/227.6/145 Female 5'5"
BF:49%
Progress: 6%

You shouldn't be having carbolite bars on induction either. If you're going to stray a bit, I'd rather see you eat the natural peanut butter than the carbolite thing.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:20

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default SF peanut butter

Tastes better than regular peanut butter! I mean, it really tastes like roasted peanuts. It is yummy. And you can find it creamy or crunchy.

So is almond butter and sunflower nut butter. Almond butter has fewer effective carbs than PB, too. I haven't found that I want to pig out on them, either.

You are allowed them AFTER induction. Won't be long now!!!

hth,
Pokey One
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:35

BF:
Talking

EEK about 30 more pounds and I'll be all over it!!

Who knows, by then my craving will have subsided!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Zone/Atkins
Stats: 138/130/125
BF:?/20%/?
Progress: 62%

I'm a peanut butter freak! I have to have it! I found a brand called REAL in the refrigerated section at my supermarket. There are only 2.6 carbs/2T serving so I indulge myself every other day or so with celery sticks and those luscious 2 T of peanut butter!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:53
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Dr. Atkins' allows peanut butter as an ingredient in a recipe during induction. If you check out his site, there are several induction-friendly recipes that use a peanut sauce. Make sure to check the little "phases" symbol that he uses on each recipe. That's about as close as you're going to get to eating real, sugar-free peanut butter.

http://atkinscenter.com/food/recipe...h_string=peanut

Just make sure you don't add extra peanut butter and then eat the whole recipe.

Wanda
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, CKD
Stats: 190/155/145
BF:
Progress: 78%

No One craves peanut butter more than I do

Just like Last week I had 14 TableSpoons of PEanut butter

Also 2 cups of PEanuts...

but this week I totally stopped eating peanuts ....
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:03
Registered Member

Stats: 235/218.5/185
BF:
Progress: 33%

While I, too, love PB, here's an interesting situation:

About a week before beginning Atkins, I ordered a case of natural almond butter. Should be here soon, but I can't eat it.

Not until after induction, which might be a couple more weeks. Even then, my case might last quite a while.

How's that for a food addict taking care of himself with good planning (;-)
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:35

Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Iron rations

Hi all,

Peanut butter. Oh, joy.

Here's how to eat all the peanut butter you want.

A few years ago, I loaded up my bicycle with tent, sleeping bag, and panniers and peddled across America, east to west. My iron rations were a loaf of the toughest bread I could find and a jar of peanut butter. Unfortunately, real peanut butter (ingredient: peanuts) usually came in glass jars, so I rode on Jiff. Comes in plastic jars and is the best non-real peanut butter.

A woman I met later sent me a snapshot taken at Hoosier Pass. Even loaded with all the camping stuff, my bike looks lean and mean. And I'm as skinny as I ever want to be. My favorite picture. I'm sitting on a rock shelf, and the sign reads: "Hoosier Pass, elevation 11,542 feet, continental divide."

Even with a Lipton one pot meal -- rice or noodles -- at night in your cookpot, you can't eat enough calories to keep from losing weight. You've heard about Jonny Appleseed? Well, those big purple plumbs were on sale at country markets that summer, and I will go down in history as "Larry plumb seed." Or stone.

Highly recommended.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

OK where is the person that started this thread. I was doing ok with the new bottle all tucked in behind everything in the fridge(out of sight out of mind theory) Out of mind is right -I hear it calling me "janny come get me, you know you want to -just a little bit, a tiny little bit. Lucky thing I am lazy having just eaten lunch.
Ok so I guess I am not the only peanut butter "nut" on this forum
Jan
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/209/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default peanut butter

I was glad to see I'm not the only one with a love for peanut butter. I lived on peanut butter and low carb bars for about a year and a half. I didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain either.
My desire for peanut butter was really out of hand. My family was grossed out by the number of used peanut butter spoons they would find in the sink. They would always point out the number of "clean" spoons in the dishwasher with peanut butter left on them and continually rib me about peanut butter jars being in different parts of the house.
This time around I want to lose weight and will stick to natural foods. I'm not planning to put some of my favorites back in soon because I become obssesive with any food /drink I enjoy.
I'm fine while I am on a diet, but my pitfalls come when I try to reward myself with a few treats-can't stop

Last edited by karen25 : Tue, Mar-04-03 at 15:15.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:56

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

For those who love peanut butter & are past Induction, remember instead of buying specialty sugar free peanut butter (often expensive), you can make it simply by buying some canned peanuts and putting them in the blender or food processor. It tastes great and is much fresher. Store any extra in the fridge and just stir when ready to use again. You could even add some Splenda if sweet is your thing.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne