Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 21:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/196/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Belated Intro

Well, I've been lurking around here for awhile so it's about time to stick my neck out and be noticed. I had done atkins about 10 years ago and had wonderful results but,unfortunately, have over the years let the pounds creep back on. So I've decided all those lame excuses (too busy to diet/exercise, every one gains weight as they get older, the office party is only once a month... etc.) are just that....LAME EXCUSES. I know it's going to be a tough battle. Most people I associate with are low fat fanatics so I hopefully I can use this board to keep me on track.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 22:47
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 221/213/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up Best of luck!!

Best of luck to you!!

I worked in a factory for 8 years where all the girls were low fat nuts!!! It is hard to branch out and try something that goes against the grain....but maybe if you succeed and others see your results you will get coworkers to try it too??? Then those monthly office parties could be filled with low carb treats???
Am I living in a dream land or what??
I am just looking for the day that all those low fat grocery store items turn into low carb items!!!
Until that day we will have to make do with what is out there!!
Best of luck to you!!!
mommy2Nick
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 12:08
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome! I tried for almost 20 years to stick to a lowfat diet and was unable to do so -- I just kept gaining weight. Since starting Atkins in July, I've lost over 50 pounds. This way of eating does work! Most of the people I associate with are also lowfat fanatics, so I find this board a wonderful place for support and information.

I deal with the lowfat fanatics politely. Most of them do think they have my best interests at heart when they are giving me advice and I try to remember that when responding to them. I've noticed that as the weight has been melting off (pretty obvious at this point -- I'm down about three clothing sizes), I'm getting a lot fewer comments about the dangers of Atkins and the harm I am doing to my health.