Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 08:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/209/130
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question Husband not losing very fast

I got my husband to start Atkins, he doesn't weigh very often. I have to bug him about stepping onto the scale (255). He gained 2lbs the first few days (257). ?? He has been on it for 4 weeks. After the 3rd week he had lost 7lbs total (243). I don't know what he weighs today. I'll have to bug him again.

His clothes are a little looser. I have to tell him to eat. He wouldn't eat breakfast and sometimes at dinner he tells me it is the first thing he had all day.

I bought some Atkin breakfast bars, he is eating those, sometimes. He is getting better about drinking water too. I tell him he has to eat. He gets up at 4:30am and leave the house at 5:30am. He said, eating that early makes him sick.

His normal eating patterns are no breakfast, sometimes lunch, and always a hugh dinner. That is why he put on so much weight, the big meal and then a couple hours later, bed.

We will sit down to dinner and he tells me he only had 2 carbs today and that was from the Breakfast bar.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to keep bugging him.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 09:11

Stats: 286/286/165 Female 66 inches
BF:46%/46%/22.5 or <
Progress: 0%
Default I understand completely!

My husband "sort of" follows Atkins. He eats whatever I give him LC - then he has a coke and the largest size frozen coffee from quiktrip. He eats the buns off of the burgers. He eats french fries when he can. When he did strict induction, he lost 15lbs. He has kept that off and actually managed to drop an add'l 2 or 3lbs. I would like to see him succeed. But, he has to be the one to make the decision to go for it all or nothing. The last couple of weeks (when I have been particularly quiet on the subject) he has been feeling more and more rotten about his not sticking to the plan. I believe, at some point, he will hit a bottom (like I did) and his resolve will soar. We can want this more for them than they want it for themselves! It has taken me a long, long journey (since July, 2000) to get the resolve I have today towards being healthier and eating LC as a WOL. Maybe your husband, my husband, and many other husbands out there want to try to please us more than they care about taking care of themselves, RIGHT NOW. I pray it won't take my husband 3 yrs to come around - but it may take 5. I just need to be ready to answer his every question and address his every need IN HIS OWN TIME!

HTH, Shari
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 15:54
Registered Member

Stats: 245/209/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

BlessedOne,

Thank you for the reply. You are right. He will have to get frustrated with no results before he will follow it correctly.

I just want him to feel how good I feel since I started this WOL.

I will pray for both our husbands.

My youngest daughter asked we when he started, if I would be upset if he lost weight faster than I did? You know the mew lose faster than women thing. I said no, I will be very happy that he will be healthier and feel good.

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 17:16

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

I know how much you care for your husband. But if he wants to lose weight he has to do it. And when he is REALLY ready he will do it. Till then it's just going to cause you stress.