Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Post Bye bye cheat free symbol

Well, after 176 days of not cheating I have to go, when I finish this, and remove my cheat free symbol. The only thing I have really missed on this way of life is chinese food. I don't miss the desserts or the cokes I used to inhale by the 6 pack...just chinese. I know I could have had some things legally but I went ahead and ate the egg rolls and some other things from a buffet that had sauces, so I'm sure there were some flour or sugar in them. I didn't stuff myself and I didn't get any of the desserts or ice cream they offer with the buffet. I also didn't cheat the rest of the day so I'm really not feeling bad about this "cheat."

This is a huge accomplishment for me in that with all my previous diets, if I blew it on one thing, I was out of control for at least the rest of the day. You know the "well I've already messed up so I might as well go whole hog" mentality. Another reason that I'm not sorry I cheated is that the little restaurant burned the evening after I ate lunch there! I feel so bad for the family that owns it. They are super people. I'm sure glad I got my cravings satisified before it burned though! (Bad joke.)

Anyway, that was 2 days ago and I haven't gained any weight from my indulgence. I'm already "being good" again but I just had to confess to my low-carb family.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:55
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Lori, you ROCK! Having had 176 cheat free days is something you should be so proud of!

You are so close to goal, best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:57
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

My God Lori...176 days of cheat free??? That is amazing. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself over a little bit of chinese food. As you said you didn't over do it.

I am amazing with your progress, you have done so well. You must feel like a totally different person.
The way you are going, you will be at your goal in no time.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 21:09

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Thanks girls! I DO feel like a different person. I decided some time ago that going out to this place was probably going to be my cheat when I got ready to do it. I don't feel bad about it although I probably could have gone there and stayed "Atkins legal." I had to work Thanksgiving so I missed the family dinner and so it wasn't hard to be good on that day. For some reason it hit me that the day after was a good day to eat chinese!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 21:32
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Don't be to hard on yourself. Egg rolls aren't the worst. Maybe learn how to make LC things at home, such as egg rolls wher eyou use egg crepes as a wrapper. Ok so not even clsoe to the same.

I thought about getting soem general tso hicken becaus eI used to love that stuff. Then I read the box (it was a frozen thing, no rice included just the chicken) it had 88 carbs with 45 sugar. I ran