Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi all!
I too am down to under 10 pounds to go to goal. It's always such a struggle isn't it?!! I have time so I will just keep at it. The weather is finally getting nicer so I will be getting out more and doing some hiking. That I am sure will help speed up the process. I am been such a slug all winter. Well, except for having to dig out from all the snow this year.

Looking forward to meeting you all and giving each other support.

Kaki
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 10:18

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Welcome, new 10-pounders! Yes, Kaki, let's hope springtime brings a universal whoosh to the board. Maybe the winter hibernation metabolism has stopped a lot of us up.

Hang in there.. these last poundies are stupid. My strategy is to pay very little attention to the scale and more to measurements and sizes. I haven't lost any weight really in the past few months, but have dropped a pants size, so that'll show you.

Anyway, good luck to you all!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 06:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 132/117.5/118 Female 5'4.5"
BF:30%/21%/19%
Progress: 104%

You're so right, Angela - I would be awfully happy to just waltz into size 6s that it wouldn't matter if the scale said I shouldn't be!! Big shopping weekend planned in May, so that's the goal!
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 06:43

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Finally I can join this thread! It feels like I was stuck at around 131.5 for forever. But this week I started eating more (I had been exercising more lately) and dropped that 1.5 lb like that. Now I'm 10 pounds to goal too!! --Sarah
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:04

Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I was gone from home over the weekend and now I am out of ketosis.

My plan is to go back on induction for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Has anyone experienced this?

Also, warning: I learned the hard way when it came to alcohol.
On Saturday I had hardly anything to eat, except a few nuts, cheese, fruit. I got sooooooooo sick after having one too many drinks. I have never been so sick in my life. Be careful.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 04:20

BF:

Good for you Sara!!!! I wish the last 10 pounds would come off as fast at the first

Junebug: I know exactly what you mean about drinking. I had a couple of glasses of wine the other night and I don't remember going to bed!! Alcohol just goes right to my head now and I feel awful in the morning. Well, I guess it's a good thing. We don't need the empty calories of alcohol anyhow

Kaki
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 04:12

BF:

How is everyone doing this week? I am down 2 pounds. 5 more to go before I can move the large weight on my scale. Ugh, I just can't wait but I know it will probably be a slow process from now on.

It's been raining here all week and it's so depressing!! It would be very easy to slip into some of those sugary comfort foods but I am holding ground!! They promise sun this weekend. I sure hope so. The time change and doom and gloom weather is really getting to me.

Well, I am off to start my day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Kaki
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 06:17

BF:

Hi Kaki, thanks for the welcome and encouragement! It took me 2 months to lose the first 10 lb and I'd be very happy to lose the last 10 that fast The closer I get, the more my weight bounces around. I don't even post a loss here anymore until I've kept it off for a couple of days. I'm in NC and it's been dark, cold and rainy here too all week long. What a bummer! I hope the sun does come out this weekend.
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 06:00
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Hi there! Haven't had time to read the whole thread yet.. just the first couple pages and this last page. I'm in the 10 lber club, and have been for about a year.. last summer I was 150 and had about 10 lbs to go, I gained about 14 pounds this winter, all fat (shock!) and wonder how on earth I could have done that - knowing what I do about nutrition. (I was very sick most of it and could not exercise) This spring started with the trusty weights again, put on some muscle... now I am 160 and from the mirror guess that there is about 10 lbs left before being satisfied. <smile> The cool thing is that I've started bellydance, so my image of what my midriff should look like has changed - from "cut" to smooth and feminine, yet strong, (it's ok if it's soft!) which is good because 90% of my fat is right RIGHT on my belly and upperhips, so even when I'm lean there is no way I will have a hard stomach without being emaciated.

take care!
Meg
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:33

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%
Default SO GLAD TO FIND THIS THREAD!

Nice to be here, where everyone understands how stubborn these last pounds are! When I lost 35 lbs. years ago on the Zone, I swear they just dropped right off, but these...! After two weeks on induction, I lost a pound, and I knew to be happy about this result since, it's such a tough thing for me.

I've been 'dieting' since before Christmas, working out like CRAZY, but to no avail. So this one pound is like a happy omen! Anyway, I would absolutely adore it, and be totally THRILLED if I could get to my goal by, say July. It seems like there is the kind of support here that might actually help me get there! I've just read this thread from beginning to end and it's been great to see the progress!

So, yes, induction is over, and only one pound has disappeared, but I stopped working out for the past two weeks due to the dizziness I was experiencing from withdrawal. I'm back at it today with a vengeance - and with much inspiration from Skamito!

I'm also inspired to go buy a tape measure! I'm 133 (unless I gained the second week on induction), 5'8, small-boned, and pretty jiggly.

I don't put on much muscle weight when I'm lifting... I was 127 a couple of years ago, for about a year, and it was a great weight for me (still filled out my bra, but didn't come out over the tops of my pants!)

I'm looking forward to progressing along with the other ten-pound-club members!
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default Re: SO GLAD TO FIND THIS THREAD!

Quote:
Originally posted by orzabelle
So, yes, induction is over, and only one pound has disappeared, but I stopped working out for the past two weeks due to the dizziness I was experiencing from withdrawal. I'm back at it today with a vengeance - and with much inspiration from Skamito!

Me? OH NO?! And just when I've been so overwhelmed that I've neglected working out. Happy for you to join us. I've been sittin pretty in the 10 pound club for a loooong time now. Ah well. I almost want to adjust my goal weight until I realize, HEY, I still have plenty of body fat to lose to get a nice toned physique. Why pretend I'm not still working? I'm not gonna lazy out of getting fit for REAL.

Anyway, hope those 3-10 pounds we all have to shed are happy ones. Though they can be stubborn, it is nice that each of us has gotten this far. Keep up the good work and we should all hang out in the maintenance club soon!
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 06:44

BF:
Default Update

Well, my second induction went quite well. I think I lost almost 4 pounds on it. I will now go back on to owl. Although, I think I will lay off the alcohol until I reach my goal weight. I found it really stalled me even though I only had it a couple times a week. My husband's birthday dinner was Friday, and I didn't know how I would do. He requested fried fish with beer batter, homeade french fries, famous dave's coleslaw (homeade), cherry cobbler with homeade vanilla ice cream. While I was preparing the food I didn't know what I was going to eat. Let's just say I was tempted. I drank ton's of water that evening. I ended up eating a piece of fish (took the breading off) and then I sauted some shrimp and made a scampi. For my dessert I poured myself an
Atkin's Vanilla shake. Before bed I weighed myself- 150.2.
The next morning I weighed in at 143.8. I told you I drank ALOT
of water!!

Very happy!!
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 06:54

BF:
Talking Getting closer

Well, I am getting closer to my goal weight. I am thinking of lowering it down to 135. The range I want to stay at will be 135-139. I went shopping and was trying on some capris, size 12 fit great, and I could even get on a size 10, but they were tight!!
Finally, I am seeing some results. Unfortunately, I never did measure myself when I first started. This week I have added nuts back into my diet. I have enjoyed flax with nuts for breakfast with a little davinci syrup and soymilk. Quick and tasty.

How is everyone doing?
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 05:33

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 172/166/150
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Last ten...

I was directed to this thread from another one and I am so glad to have found it. Since my last 10 lbs. is pretty much my first ten pounds, my entire weight loss experience has been pretty frustrating. In the past, the only way I have lost weight is with vigorous exercise, which I restarted in earnest about a week ago. Scale is moving sloooowly, but measurements are changing, thank goodness.

I don't really care if LC eating doesn't contribute to the weight loss. This is the first time in my life that I have not been famished all the time! I could seriously eat another full meal 20 minutes after finishing one before I went LC. I would do absolutely crazy things like eat a tub of frosting! The best thing to me, though, is that 7 1/2 years of suffering with IBS are over for me. I have been to doctor upon doctor, and even the really strong, spacey drugs could not get rid of my IBS. LC took effect immediately. I have not had one of my IBS pills since I started !

Thanks for all the support. It is great to have a forum like this.
Cheers,
-Beverly
  #135   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 07:21

BF:
Default When to post losses?

I am wondering what you all do about posting losses in your profile. Now that I'm close to goal, my weight seems to bounce up and down more than it used to. I hesitate to post a loss until I'm sure it's going to stick, because if I'm back up the next day but people are congratulating me, I feel like a liar. What do you all do? Do you post as soon as you see the loss or do you wait?

(I know the healthiest approach would be not to care about the scale at all, but I'm not there yet!)

--Sarah