Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/120/110 Female 161
BF:
Progress:
Default Am I too late to join in?

Been advised to read this thread, I've got my last 7lb to lose, but feeling demotivated as I have been so good and have actually gone up 1lb today.
Im hoping that this Kiss diet will give me the insentive to carry on with Low Carbs.

Just want to check - No bacon/sausages ect / No cheese / No cream / is this the main difference.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:19

Plan: Low carb/Atkins
Stats: 230/205/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

Atkinson, welcome aboard! Please read the first post on this thread by Paris. Click on kiss foods and rules. This helps you get an idea of what to eat. Please keep us informed and Good Luck!

Candyless
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:27

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

Oh I Am Definatley Trying. This Is Really A Big Step For Me! I Never Realized How Much 'processed' Foods I Eat!

Im Trying Hard Guys....
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:51

BF:

Lisa, I started the kiss challenge a few days early, but I really like the results. It really helps to give me an idea as to which foods might be stalling me. I thank God that I'm still losing while drinking coffee with a little cream. I get headaches without coffee. For some reason, before Kiss, I had been retaining a lot of water. I don't know if this was from the almonds, bacon, cheese or diet Pepsi's. I'm sure most of my weight loss is from water loss, but I'm glad to be rid of that bloated feeling. I can't stand that.

Candyless
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:26

I Agree I Think Kiss Is Wonderful! I Just Gotta Get More Adjusted To It. I Mean I Feel Like Im Practically Changing My Eating Habits Overnight! Im Trying Girl!!!

I Even Asked My Grandma To Cook Me Meals Weekly So That Should Me Out. Im No Cook At All!!!

Thanks To Everyone For All Their Inputs.

I Missed Breakfast Today, So Im Starving For Lunch!!!
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:48

BF:

Lisa, here is a typical kiss day for me.

Breakfast: homemade sausage made with ground pork meat and spices, with 3 panfried eggs on top with salsa.
Lunch: fried or grilled chicken breast, green beans, salad with cucumber, and olive oil based dressing with spices.
Dinner: Steak, with a plate load of veggies.

Snack: I rarely eat a snack but will eat a piece of meat or deviled egg.

I went out to eat at Chili's on Memorial Day and I ordered a ribeye steak with a huge order of veggies. I told them to hold the potato and bread and to give me extra veggies.

Candyless
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 11:33

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Lisa--hang in there--you're doing fine! Hardly any of us are perfect, and if you're improving your habits a little at a time, that's great. BUT, you will see a lot more results if you keep it legal. Find something you like that you can grab all those times you're reaching for a lc cookie or a saltine. Deviled eggs work great. I also like Hearts of Palm.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 11:36

had lunch and boy was it terrific (grandma is such a good cook)....

Lunch: steak w/ mushrooms & onions
tossed salad

im STUFFED!!
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 06:00

Hooray! I made it to 169! I was a good girl last night and didn't even pick the top off the Domino's pizza we ordered!
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 10:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/172.5/135 Female 67 inches
BF:36+%/33.8%/20%
Progress: 72%

You go Mama!!! Congratulations are in order - you made an important goal!

Well, day 3 of Kiss - got through 2! And I'm down to 175. So, so far I lost 2 pounds in 2 straight Kiss days.

I'm happy, but I don't think I'm eating enough. And I'm craving a diet rite tangerine soda really bad.

I think I can get through this one day at a time, but I've decided that I may add a soda in after 2 weeks only one a day. I'll see after I get through these next 12 days if I still want to.

Luck and perserverence to all!

Melissa
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 13:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

WTG Sara!!

The scale read 124 this morning for me.

Happy Saturday everyone!!
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 22:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%
Default hmmmm.... trying to decide if I can do this....

So from what I understand you can eat from these lists and you dont have to count the veggie carbs? Id love to give this a try as I have just been through a week of terrible cheating...im even scared to weigh myself. It's all been low carb junk food but when you overindulge in that it may as well be the real deal.

just made low carb pumpkin cheesecake thingys for the first time, but I could put them in the bottom of the freezer for a few weeks...hmmm... perhaps after my final exam on Wednesday as that is what brought on the binge/cheat in the first place.

I love reading what you all have to say...its so darned encouraging. It amazes me how much weight some people have lost...its just wonderful, and if this is a good kick start to get back on track...im thinking it would be worth a go.
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 07:20

I'm 168.5 today. That's down another .5 for me. A total of 2.5 for 3 real days of KISSing!

I think one of the keys to KISSing is eating all the time! It's hard to keep the calories up, so I think it is important to snack frequently and keep the metabolism going.

And again, don't be afraid of FAT!
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 13:58
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Im following this challenge to see how ya'll are coming along. I got confused, one says mayo ok, then another said no.. And is it true that you gain back alot of what you lost when you stop kissing? I am not familiar with this so please exuse my lack of knowledge Any info for this lady is most welcome. Thanks.

Angel
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 15:31

Ang--the sites listed at the beginning of the thread advocate moderate to low fat. Sounds like low-fat to me!

I've found that my calories are way too low if I don't eat fat. Plus, I just can't do it---I starve! It is definitely possible to get into starvation mode this way. I think it is much better if we just stick to meat, eggs, lc veggies, and fat. I don't lose weight any other way than to eat like this and when KISS is over, I add in lc tortillas, or dairy, and I stop losing. I don't gain, but I don't lose. I hate counting carbs, so this works great for me and when I'm tired of it, I can have those other things, but the weight loss stalls.

Hope that helps!