Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 11:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey Glim I'm going to use until the new one shows up
thanks

adukart : I am the last person who should be correcting grammer. I will leave the grammer correcting up to other people.
angie

angie
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone, I guess I must really like this thread because this is the most I've written on any thread. My day is going good. It's 2:00 I usually get tired around 1:30-2:00 but I'm not. I hope it was the water. I am just spreading it out more instead of cutting in down. I will drink more in the evening that way if I get tired I wont know becuase I will be sleeping

I am also changing my sign until ours is done.

Last edited by adukart : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 15:05.
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:19
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

The only thing thats keeping me going with kiss is that I'm planning a cheat day when I finish the 100 days. I never did induction and had expected that all my cravings would disappear when I cut out AS which I used a lot of. Its been 15 days and I think about sweets all day. I can resist them but I think about them. Did this happen with anyone else?
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:36

BF:

nawchem, my post on page 3 of this thread was my first confession about the same situation. I started taking L-Glutamine because of it, only for the last 2 days. I can honestly say that I did not crave or think about sweets yesterday and not so far today. Now if it works throught the real hard times like when it's in front of my face I will be a true believer. So my suggestion would be to try L-Glutamine.

Last edited by adukart : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 15:37.
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:48
Registered Member

thanks aducart
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 18:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Talking

I like the star cheat free signature, it's the only way I'm ever going to be a star. Winter has arrived today, cold, cold, no there has to be another word for it. The sun was bright and shining and if you were sitting in your house by a window it was just like "being a cat". Go outside though and it was a different story, went downtown today and the wind was coming off the water and straight up into town. We have been having really nice weather and then it changed over night.
Thanks for the visits girls, I have gotten back on track. It's nice to come here and be positive again. I'm going through the cravings again but as I mentioned before the Splenda is out of the house and so is the chocolate. So I'm officially on day 2.
Hope everyone is doing well, I see double digit stars. Here's to seeing stars in our eyes.
Jo-Ann
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 19:23
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

I like the star too, when Boo get's the other one finished I'll post it here and you guys can use what you want. Thanks to whoever Glim stole the star from!! It looks neat to see all of us with the same star and announce how well we are doing to the rest of the board.

Adukart- SR Potassium is one that is released slowly throughout the day, like over 8-12 hours. You would know, your bottle would indicate it.

Everyone is doing so well. I was frustrated this morning. I can't seem to get the scale to MOVE. I get stuck for like a week every 5 pounds I lose. First I was stuck at 222, now at 217.5. (I can't believe I so openly tell my weight so many places here lol)

Hoping for at least a little whoosh in the morning. Hey I'll even take 1/2 pound!

Live free-eat cheat free- gonna be my new motto I think.
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:52
Registered Member

Did I Cheat?

I feel so guilty. Yesterday I just ate meat all day and planned to have a salad when I went out to dinner. I went to a Mexican fast food place with a bunch of friends. I had never been there before. I ordered a shrimp salad and water. The salad turned out to be rice and beans, not lettuce. I just ate the shrimp and avocado but there was rice stuck to it.

I think I'm too biased to know if I cheated. So you guys decide.

Last edited by nawchem : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 09:54.
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:05

BF:

Nawchem, I personally wouldn't count that as a cheat because it's like ranch dressing, you are not supposed to eat sugar but ranch has some and I eat it anyway because the amount is soooo small.

I will have to check my potassium bottle to see if it's SR.

I am back to 130 today, still no cheat but pretty upset. I ate low carb bread for the first time last night and peanuts, and that was after my supper. I have to stop snacking but I couldn't make the bread and then not at least try it.
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5'4
BF:29%/28%/20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursey15
Live free-eat cheat free- gonna be my new motto I think.

that is just too cute!
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 12:40

Stats: 265/230/150 Female 67
BF:don't want 2 know
Progress: 30%

Hello everyone.. Having a good day today. Thought I was comming down with something yesterday. I was weak and tired and just didn't feel like myself. Then last night I was writting down everything I ate (a personal food journal)and I realized I had only had 500 cal. and 8g of carbs. I made some eggs and bacon and I felt worlds better. I just don't feel hungry very often anymore. This is what I ate. Oh btw.. I do eat ranch dressing everyday for lunch but I only have the two tablespoons. I modify Atkins a bit. But I still lose the weight.

Breakfast: cereal bar
Lunch: salad w/ranch and cheese
Dinner:Baked chicken and spinach

Oh well, today I had a bigger breakfast and feel a little better.
Also about the candy I found, deffinately can only have once in a while I wanted to run out to the store and get loads more.

A little long winded today...sorry. Have a healthy day
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:27
Registered Member

Nursey your whoosh is coming. I thought that was interesting that you lose 5 pounds then rest for a while. I kind of lose in chunks too. My fitday weight graph is stairs up and down. I just started exercising this week. Hope it will.

Adukart thanks for the permission to keep my cheatfree sign!!! I'm kind of carrying guilt around with me. Shesh.

w82bthin, I've noticed the same thing happening. Whats weird is that my stomach never feels empty I just run out of energy. Wow 500cal though. I've been adding fat to my meals since it keeps my calories up.
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 16:24
Contributing Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 36/23.42/10 Female 64  inches
BF:160/151/120
Progress: 48%
Default omg

I made an oversight!! Sorry Marissa ...I have not been keeping up with this thread too well and had no realization you were with us on this challenge!!

Welcome aboard ..Im glad youre here...and thats for the getwell wishes back when...Sheesh maybe I should read this thread and check in more often.

ANYWAYS....everyone...ya know how I said I had seen the challenge sign off of someone that posted in my journal? Well its from Marissa aka(Granadino)..so please thank her...when I saw it I just figured she was on her own personal challenge ...and I grabbed it meaning to ask her about borrowing it and then I got sidetracked and never made it over.

Sorry gf...glad you are with us...and THANKS for the sign!!! ...Im still anxiously awaiting what Boos working up for us.

Hope everyone is doing great ...Im on plan and working it!!

Will be later to backtrack this thread and see whats been happening.

Love to all,
Glim
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5'4
BF:29%/28%/20%

Hi everyone!

I slept all the way through the night last night. I can't remember the last time I did that (if I ever did). For most of my life I would wake up every hour. The last few weeks I have had a few 4-hour stretches. Now 8 hours!

Is that a benefit of low carbing?

Why am I still so tired during the day? (This is kinda bugging me, because I read about so many people having all this new energy.

Love this challenge!
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 21:05

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey everyone jsut and update.... sorry I havent posted as much as i had wanted but I've been pretty busy. It towards the end of day 5 for me!! YAY!!! Day five..stayin alive! Ive been doing reat actually. Ive been excersicing everyday. I tried on a pair of 30 inch waist pants today, and they fit pretty comfortably. (normally it was thighs that were tight) It is still a little tight around the butt area but the things is that if I WANTED to, I could wear them wih a slightly longer shirt and they wouldnt look bad. Things like this keep me motivated. I hope I still have that same motivation come my weigh in day Sat mornin ..hehe!

7 days will be a mini goal cheat free mark for me.