Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 16:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

Same weigh and in a covention all weekend.

Red: I'll give yu a call.

Cheer,
H.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 17:04
funnyface

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who has those dreams! I'm diabetic, and before I began low-carbing, I would dream that I binged on sugar. Now I dream that I binge on carbs! I had one the other night and woke up furious with myself! Boy was I relieved when I, too, realized that it wasn't real.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

HEHEHE!!! Never have had carb dreams yet, who knows maybe the dreams could trick you into thinking you ate carbs so you might stop craving them. (or the reverse lol)

Yeah.. well in my last post (yesterday which was my weigh day) I was down one pound. putting me at my mini goal of 175. However something just told me to step on the scale this morning, even though I always wait a wekk before weighing again. And guess what!!! I lost another 2 pounds!!!! That puts me at 173!!! Another MINI GOAL!!! I kept getting on the scale and then off the scale just to make sure I wasnt just imagining things. This puts me at a total of 7 pounds gone this month!

Last edited by 2B-ABLE : Sun, Oct-26-03 at 12:01.
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 12:36
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congrats 2B-Able! 173! Fabulous. Keep on losing!

I do the same thing. I get back on several times just to make sure. Glad I'm not the only one.

red
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 13:54

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks red1cutie!!! I appreciated it!

And dont worry trust me.. you arent the only one lol!!!
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 18:31

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, ate salty food and gained 2 pounds in a day!
Sad...

H.
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 07:57
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

Well, I get to change my stats, down 6 pounds total for the challenge, 2 pounds away from my mini goal of 168. I am 170!!! wooo hooo!!
I was scared to death to weigh again, I weighed friday afternoon, my schedule is way out of wack!!
and had a loss, down to the 170, was hubbies b-day this weekend and what does he ask me to do???? we had a party at the bar (my friend owns the bar and rather than have 50,000 people at my house I make food and take it there, I am not really that much of an alcoholic...lol) Hubby asks me to make his 3 faves.... wings... mmm they were good - macaroni salad - and potato salad.... how rotten it he to me for making me do that! Not very because I was the strongest person ever. I had on bite of each one to make sure that they tasted right, and never had anymore! He actually yelled at one of my friends (not seriously, just teasing her) because when we cut the cake she kept trying to make me feel bad about not eating any of his cake, well, i took one bite of that chocolaty sugary mess so she would feel better and here comes hubby... He asked me if I ate that because I wanted to, I told him I did it to get karen to hush, he told her no more peer pressure that what I was doing was tough enough, and that if I was a recovering addict would she ask me if I wanted just one hit off a crack pipe (I thougth that was hilarious, he recognises it as an addiction) ??? Any ways, that one bite of birthday cake certainly killed any craving I may have had... I can't take all that sugar anymore!!! the minute it was in my mouth the sweetness was too much, and I am glad, cuz I wont crave that again. so I cheated with one bite of macaroni salad, one bite of potato salad, and one bite of cake... I weighed again yesterday (grocery store sneaking, not official weigh in) and lost another 1/4 pound, I was worried about a gain, but it didn't happen....yeah - and go team - and yippee skippee! woo hoo
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:25
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Well October is winding down. How did we all do? I guess we can post on October 31st. Even if all/some did not make goals at least we lost inches or pounds this month.

Progress not perfection.

Peace
red
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:49

Not amazing, just 4 pounds until now.

All this with zero cheating water and exercise, there's nothing else I could do except starve myself.

Cheers,
H.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/152/130 Female 5'6
BF:how do you know?
Progress: 8%

hey guys!
im new to this, but this sounds like a great way to go -
do we check in everyday or .. ?
and its nice that we're all about the same weight range.

i am currently 150 goal: 142.

i have serious doubts though, i was on induction starting 3 weeks ago, and stuck with it pretty straight (okay, i cheated once with cookies) and only lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. you think if i stuck wtih induction the whole rest of this week i could lose 8lbs? this is 3 days! really?

so the list so far:

Hellraiser: 151 - goal 143
Kristine: 143 - goal 137
rosemam: 152 - goal 144
woolina: 176 - goal 168
mossygyrl: 150 - goal 142
2B_Abel: ?
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/152/130 Female 5'6
BF:how do you know?
Progress: 8%

hi, sorry, i didnt see there were so many pages to this thread and moreover, didnt see you posted this oct 1.
  #117   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 07:56
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

Dont fret Mossy! there will be plenty of challenges. I beleive they start one at the begining of every month, probably quite a few at the begining of every month from the looks of the challenges board! It helps a lot to get your motivation back where it needs to be!
I laughed when I saw the N. Cakalakee.... We call it that too!!
Add one of to buddies, after you have 25 posts, you can PM and get in on the next challenge with one of us..
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 07:59
Contributing Member

Stats: 147/128.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%

Yeah, Hell I know what you mean. It seems as you get closer to your goal it just gets harder to loose the weight. But you did great in loosing 4 lbs. I only made it to be 2 lbs lighter, and now I'm sick with a cold. But I still feel pretty good about getting in shape and loosing some weight.
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 08:10
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

I am waiting till my official weigh in thursday to see if I lost anymore. I am two away from goal and like you said hairpin, it is so much harder when you get closer to goal!!! If this is what it gets like when I get down close to goal and move into premaintenance, I am gonna be buggin you guys big time then....
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 08:17
Contributing Member

Stats: 147/128.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%

Just thought I'd spread some good news here though. I survived the halloween costume party. I got compliments which made me feel good, and maybe a bit too much attention regarding my seashells. hahaha! But all in all it was fun. And I think both my mermaid costume and my husband's pirate costume turned out well too. I am definitely getting back into sewing more once I get closer to goal.

Pirate Costume Party

Last edited by hairpin : Wed, Oct-29-03 at 08:18.