Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-24, 10:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Touching base, saying hey.
Nothing earth shattering going on in my world which is how I like it.
Progress going on over at the MD house- I'll be interested to see how it looks when I go back on Friday afternoon or Saturday.
Right now I'm on the porch (no sun, heater on low but the temp is warm for January!) and there are geese floating by in the pond and a blue heron just hanging out for the past hour.

Trig, a cat fight or some such out there in the barn? Crazy!

Jaz I'm so happy for your son. Also glad you like your condo so much. Add me to people who don't want to live with anyone else's noise. And also, I like to blast my music almost every day and no one else needs to hear that either!

So I'm hearing a bit of restlessness from you. Hopefully a weekend trip can scratch that itch!

Lori I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend. Hoping for a relatively pain free knee day for you.

Hugs, all.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-24, 05:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco sounds like some good relaxing on that nice porch of yours I bet when construction is done it will be fab, nothing like new and remodeled and kinda like a new car smell HA

HI Lori and Jazz

-------------nothing interesting like Nicco said going on here too. nothing earth shattering and absolutely a fan of no darn drama around me too LOL

defrost NY Strip steak and will cook pork chops tonight for hubby and me for dinner.

just some chores to clean and maybe make a few bags for the landfill of crap from kiddos back room. alot of toys and other crap that kinda needs to move on....might do that. hit a bit of declutter time, got rid of alot, time to kinda get'er done ya know and organize that back room a bit. eh, will see.

mild temps are nice tho. hate that they won't last cause it feels like we are walking into spring now and it is just winter fooling me. I know that BBBrrr is coming back soon lol bleck

all going well, nothing to report basically, so be good all
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-24, 06:40

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up at 4AM....thanks Gabby! Oh....and guess what? It's raining! AGAIN!!!!! So depressing.

I guess DH is dragging me to an Outdoor Show this afternoon. I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick, but he has no one else to go with and he really wants to go. He was trying to get our son to go, but he doesn't want to. I guess I have to be a "dude" for the afternoon. He promised me that there is good food, so there's that.

I'm hoping to get a nap in this morning before we go. Long day ahead.

#94   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-24, 07:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I got nothing! LOLOLOL-

But hey it is nice to check in! TGIF from this working gal! Yeah Nic you heard right! I am restless for some good beach time! I really miss not being a stone's throw from the beach. I said something to that effect around my kids and they were like NO!!!! LOLOLOL-
They can always visit Gigi from the beach! LOLOLOL I don't see Greenville as my Forever Place. But it is nice to have the kids arounds! I am not getting any younger!
I still think a hybrid life would suit me. Half a year on the beach / half here.
Sorta like you do Nic!!!!!- You go and get yourself time and beach in and go home! PERFECT!!!!

Trig- IT IS disappointing when you crack a crab and its empty!!!- they were meant to give us MEAT!!!!!

I hear ya on the extra! I took my blood sugar this morning for kicks and grins. It was 110 fasting. That is WAY TO HIGH for fasting. I am pretty sure it was the onions, and celery, and "extra" I added to the soup! I truly am so carb sensitive. I am going to take it all day to watch. I just have to get that down too! I am thinking it is condiments now and that here and there that has stalled my progress.
I did so well last year. Got most of my weight off. Now I am down to the last 25- MEH I would take 20. But I am just stalled. The BS proves that I am so sensitive. Dr. Berry addressed this very thing.
Some "bodies" can handle more than others. I am not one of those. He said he wasn't either. His wife does Veggies. He said he gains weight on veggies. I get it. I know what needs done! Yeah, I still got the "taste" here and there! It's gotta go!

In the "losing" phase it needs to be a bit tighter than maintainace.

Sprucing up the place! Will your kiddo be upset if to toss her toys????? Check on that. You could put them in a box with her name on it and just keep them and let her sort out what goes to the dump.
Believe it or not I had someone do that to me when I was younger! I am STILL salty my Barbies are gone!!!! Just a thought. I had handmade clothes for them too my grandmother made. I would still like to have them! I will get off that soap box!!!!!

Lori- I hate that about your leg! I sure hope it is just a sprain, or a funky twist you did. Ortho people are notorious for sending people for an MRI. I wouldn't be surprised if you get sent too! Just a heads up on that! They also add Physical Therapy to EVERYTHING- Heads up on that. Although MOST ortho have an attached PT clinic next door they own. It is a money maker for them! They give you a referral and they get the $$$. Quiet the racket they got going. LOLOLOLOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is so wet here too! I have standing water in the driveway and front yard! Just a mud hole out there right now. I hate taking out the dog.
It is warm though. It hit 64 here yesterday! It does give the taste of SPRING!!!! I am wanting that. Over the cold. I didn't even need the heat on yesterday! LOVE that!

Oh yea.... on Apt living. It does suck. I crank my music too and sing and dance and NOBODY needs to hear THAT!!! LOLOLOL I was listening to MY footsteps. I am a "heavy" walker too. Meaning I am a heel toe walker. I come down heavy on the heel and "pound" as well. Gave me pause. I have nobody below me!

Speaking of walking. I am ready to go Spring Shoe shopping. I need a new pair of sandals. Add that to the South REALLY does up the Easter Dresses thing here! However, the "Season" for the tourist officially starts here on St. Patrick's Day! That down here is huge! Especially on the beaches! It's the official day rates go up and Spring is here! It's right around the corner!

Well time for more coffee and I have two reports to kick off today. They get 8 hours. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am cleaning it up WOE today. One day at a time. I seriously want my beach body back! LOLOLOL Like that ever stopped me! WHOOT-
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-24, 04:05

BF:

Hey Nicco, keep enjoying your good DE weather

Lori, OMG GIRL YOU HAD ME CRACKING UP READING THAT POST!!! still laughing over it but tell me, HOW was that exciting outdoor show ya got drug too? I been dragged to many a hunting expo too, lol, I so get ya on this!!

Jazz, oh yea on your food just go back to cleaner, eat all that ya love and want and just give yourself a good break and be calm on zc plan. all will cycle back to fine for ya!

Spring shoe shop. spring? you are pushing it HAHA

I need a damn pair of friggin' sneakers. I won't even go shopping for that. Think I am gonna go online and order a pair of Sketchers and HOPE they fit well when I get them HAHA

---------------so last night I had to put the AC on. OK loving that LOL but won't last. cold to come back but darn it was so mild the house heated up and I needed air on. OMG I love modern life and convenience

nothing big, no drama, all kinda going even steven here.
which is good, I want no noise.

hubby's work, like 5 now are out with covid. come on
told him to stay away from me but can only hope he doesn't get it, me, eh, I was fine thru it all anyway, I got better immune system than him so I think all will be ok but I just hate hearing his place is rampant with friggin' covid. too much ya know.

I am in low zc eating right now. nothing is a draw to me kinda.
barely ate much yesterday and today I am like, bleck on beef, bleck on pork. hell no to chicken. I think will just eat a lb. of shrimp later and if more hungry then might team up with some crab legs to cook too as a thought. might even make an alfredo sauce for the shrimp, well, that is more work then I would normally do, lol, who knows if that will happen, but none of this is exciting. who knows if I will eat today or what.

normal zc pattern for me. doesn't hit this much or this long kinda, but days now kinda no food interest. I never worry tho, big meat hounding down days will return.

just going with the flow, be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Jan-27-24 at 06:38.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-24, 07:57

BF:

Happy Saturday Morning!

Trig- I had my AC on yesterday too. Just for a minute to knock down humidity and warmer temps than I like to sleep in! I got a fire going this morning! Go figure! AND RAIN! Nothing rocking and shaking here either.

WAIT....... You will love this story!!!! In SC we have Food Lions here. Not my favorite store, but whatever. They have some AMAZING meat mark downs IF IF IF you catch them just right. So, I went into the store to get a steak as I am looking to get my butt 100% straight back on plan. I found.......... wait for it......... wait........... PACKS OF FILET MINION not cut up! The ENTIRE TENDERLOIN. They have been running about 150.00ish. They had them mark down to 4.99 a pound. They are expiring in 15 days. Not tomorrow- 15 days. I grabbed 3 packs. one for 37, 38, 42 dollars. I You Tubed how to clean a loin. Then I took out my butcher knife- got a spot on the counter with clean wax paper and cut that bad boy down.
Guessing I will be in the filet mignon for a WHILE. Super excited over that. I got 8 steaks out and 4 medallions from ONE package. I had a steak last night. OMG good!
I am going to butcher the other two packs today and freeze them. I wrap each steak and then put them in gallon bags and that way I can just grab 1 or 2 steaks as needed.

Now I will tell I prefer strip steak better. Those are my favorites, or a T-Bone. But beef is beef. Especially with the prices these days! I will suffer with a filet! Hot Dam is right!

Sorta like when you scored on all that crab. You just buy it up as you can!

We got everything going around here! Mostly Influenza A. It is a nasty one too! Thank goodness I got the flu shot this year. Almost have to in my line of work. KWIM.

Lori- How did you like the outdoor show!! LOLOL. Was the food good? Is it really warm enough for an "Outdoor" show?

OMG, we got the rain AGAIN here today too! So frekin depressing! I need some sun!

How are you feeling today after all your walking? What on your menu????

Nic- Travel day for you? Your posts are so peaceful! I would love having a seasonal porch! My mom has a porch she can use 3/4 seasons! It's great. They LIVE out there! They moved the TV and everything out there. Pretty cool in the summer to listen to the tree frogs there! GA gets LOUD tree frogs.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Yup- AC last night, fire going this morning with my coffee.
So over the rain. I need to go to the doggie store for his chew treats and don't even want to go! Urghhhhh. I will. I might not even bother to put on real clothes.

I have become a pajama/ lounge wearing middle aged/ hair in ponytail/ no make up/ don't care what anybody thinks liberated woman. 90% of the time I go braless and just don't give a rip! LOVING IT! -
BUT when I go "out" "OUT"- the hair and makeup, and skirts and heels come out. YA can't do a dance floor right in Pajamas. Even I draw the line somewhere. Yup I still do a dance floor! ie... last Saturday!

Ok ladies! Have a grand day! Safe day, dry day. Let's make our own day sparkle. Who needs sun! (me).... LOL

Later...... yea.... got a steak for today
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-24, 09:37

BF:

Good Morning!

I got up late and then we had to meet our contractor to pick out a new backsplash as the tile I picked is no longer available. Got that done and am now home with a heating pad on my knee and having some more coffee.

Survived the Outdoor show! Jaz....it was not held outside, it was just about stuff to do outside, like hunting and fishing etc. I think walking around on the concrete floors yesterday really did my knee in. It is bad today. I'm not sure what the Ortho Dr. will offer as a solution, but I'm just about ready for anything. If he thinks PT will help....if it's a muscle issue, I'll gladly do it. I think my insurance will pay for so many sessions. I think it might be all related to my bad hamstring on that same leg.

Well, DH and I are going to go to another Amish furniture store to see about some other cabinets I would like to have for my remodeled kitchen. Why put the old pieces back in my new kitchen? They are free standing cabinets, as I'm not replacing the built-ins. We don't have that many as that was not a "thing" when this house was built 170 years ago! I'm trying to preserve the quirkiness of the old house as much as possible.

Well, gotta get moving. I'm going to go put on my knee brace and we'll head out.

Later!
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-24, 08:56

BF:

Hello,
quick check in, woefully behind.

fantastic hike yesterday- it's nice to go between the states. MD hikes are better bc there is elevation change. my favorite is when I can wear my hiking boots and 'go mudding'- something very primal and middle school boy about it lol

today rain and chilly. ravens play at 3 and I literally don't care about anything else today, which is unfortunate bc I have a thing at 11 and a thing at 1. literally do not care about any of it!

hugs to all!
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-24, 10:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling really blah today. Raining again and just so dreary. My knee is killing me and I'm starting to worry that this is my life from now on. Add to that, I went off the rails with my eating yesterday afternoon....I don't know when I ate like that....it's been a long time. Got the shocking number on the scale to show for it. Back on track today, but still feeling the effects of it.

Not doing anything but watching football today.

Nic......I was thinking about you when I saw the 40 car pile up on the Bay bridge. I sure hope you were not anywhere near that mess!

It's 11 and I haven't eaten anything yet. I think I'll have some eggs and a couple sausage links. Focus on protein today.
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-24, 14:27

BF:

Quickie post!!!!The day got away from me!

Lori
- I am feeling for you and your leg!!!!!!! I am so happy you are getting seen next week. I am hopeful some PT will get you back on track and motivated.

Girl I feel ya on having to REBOOT!

Nic- I am currently watching the game and Rooting for the Ravens! Priority - I am having pork chops, watching football and having a glass of wine. It doesn't get much better. GO RAVENS! I WILL be watching the Super Bowl. LOLOL

Trig- What's up? Hoping you are just cruising though. You watching the game too? You into football?
You need to tell me how to make juicy pork chops!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not much happening except the game. Got my laundry done and meat packed up and in freezer. Cold still here but sunny!
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-24, 18:12

BF:

Ugggggggg

if the Ravens had decided to freaking SHOW UP it might have been a game worth losing.

Go Lions, then, I guess!
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-24, 07:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Feel a bit better this morning. Scale is back down 2 lbs, so that makes me feel better. Still much too high, but at least I didn't see that HUGE number this morning!

I think my idea of doing lower calorie days is not going to work. I have to wonder if that's what caused me to "go off the rails" on Saturday? I just need to stick to low carb and eat when I'm hungry. This has been my plan for years, so why do I think I have to change it? Driving myself crazy.

-------

Nic.....Sorry your team forgot to show up yesterday. Things were just not working for them.

Jaz.....Another Monday morning for the working girl. Do you have a busy week?

Trig....What's happening? Did DH manage to avoid getting sick? I know you said so many people where he works were coming down with the crud.

--------

Another day of sitting around. Tomorrow morning I'll see the Ortho Dr. I'm expecting a diagnosis of Arthritis & Bursitis and probably a cortisone injection. I also won't mind him sending me for some PT. I'm not sure how many sessions my insurance will pay for. I know I did PT for my shoulder for a bit, but I don't remember if I had to pay out of pocket for it or not. I'm also going to try to find a good massage therapist. I know my hamstring on my left leg is a mess, not to mention my hip. I wish massage was not so expensive, but it sure helped my shoulder after I broke it 5 years ago. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I went thru that mess, but it has. Time flies!

Have a good Monday!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-24, 10:25

BF:

Lori I hope you get some answers from your ortho.
I'm having trouble with settling down on a food plan too. Good times. lol

Jaz I know you will do a more full update when you can.

Trig so many people are sick- you all stay well.

Not much doing here, really. I'll see my mom tonight - moving out a recliner and putting in a different one. Sigh, whatever.

Football sucked all the way around. DH's brothers are heartbroken over the Lions. Well, next year. What can you do?

Dh and I leave Wednesday for NYC. That will be fun.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-24, 13:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic-
Yea...... It was brutal to watch that game! I turned it off the last quarter. I also think though there were some bad calls towards the Ravens. They just don't have that Swift effect going for them! But they fumbled it as well! Urghhhhhh-
I will be rooting for Detroit to win the SB! The underdog!

OMG- what was the 40 cars pile up? On "the" bridge???? I would have had heart failure! LOLOLOL Did you know the Chesapeake Bay bridge has the most heart attacks on it than any other bridge in the world!

You staying in MD for a red-hot minute? BTY....... I just finished that show "something Chemistry. Based on that book you read. It was good! I wasn't a fan of the gal who play the chemist. She was a bit harsh. But I still liked it.
I need to get back to pleasure reading!!!!!!!!! Truly. I used to be an avid reader.... then life happened.

Lori-
How are you and that leg??????- Hate you are having difficulty!
Did you find the new cabinets you wanted? Love those Amish store!

Trig-
- So back on track and feel so good! You must tell me how to make pork and not turn it into a hockey puck!!!!! LOLOL
We got SUN today! It def improved my mood!

How is everything????? I know you are planted at home until your MIL gets home. I get being a sandwich generation. Kids and parent!

How are you doing on your WOE?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Doing well on my "back on the horse" WOE. Feel better too!

I will say though my sleep is a bit off! Hot, then cold/ Hot / cold! URGHHHHH

I am looking for that long weekend. I just emailed my boss to see how much time I have. I want to the report but it was sorta confusing. said I only have 16 hours. 2 days! I only get 10 a year! So I said- What if I want to take time unpaid. Waiting to hear a response. I do not want to limit myself to 10 Losey days!
The benefits here and pay so SUCKS. But hey- working for me for right now. Sitting home and that is what matters most to me.

Anyway- all is well- SUN is OUT!!!!!!
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-24, 04:42

BF:

Lori, so sorry on that knee. Yea, those thoughts of 'is this my life now' when injured and chronic like that are actually scary to me. I feel ya on that but hope your Ortho guy can put you back right. With care and some massage treatments etc. you can bring this back in line. Very cool reading about your construction happening and you picking probably like the ONLY backsplash that is unavailable HA always the way right

Also when ya feel hurt like your knee, any and all thoughts of 'friggin' dieting' are BS in our minds and screw us up so yea, you just go back to your normal eating you do SO well on. Not a darn thing wrong with just that.

Nicco, you went MUDD'in, so cool. I do everything in my power to avoid mudd'in, lol. I hate to get dirty. No idea why but while you would be jumping in the puddles I would be jumping over every single puddle HA I think it is cause while I like hiking and all, I love riding my horses more and let them take the mud hit HA but I sure would go home and give them a cleanup bath I figure let them get icky, I will stay clean on trails!

Jazz, SCORE ON TENDERLOIN. wow it is rare for Food Lion to have whole tenderloins. Mine don't stock them so that store must order a bit diff. Good catching a fab meat sale, I would be ALL over that bad boy!

yea 10 days. I mean think of how the world is set up. 1 wk vacay, 2 wks vacay??? out of a damn 365 days a year, what is wrong with this picture, lol.

----------------all going ok but I went down for the count.

sciatic nerve. I was in kitchen. Stop, full twist swing to get something off the back counter and WHAM, instant pull in the same damn spot and leg damn near went out from under me.

last few days I am pissin' and moaning around here.
could barely not walk yesterday.

1/2 my azz on one side is tingling and numb.
wraps around my hip joint thigh area and into groin area and that area is where when it hits, that pain just crumbles me down with like total loss of my darn leg from under me.

woke up not good either. first hit to the bathroom this morn and I did it hobbling LOL Oh my gosh I am SO over this crap. See how the day goes.

steak pork, steak pork, and will have it again today LOL
you know I am on auto pilot on food. which is fine.

ok not much gonna go down around here but need to hit store for a few things, hope I can make it hanging onto the buggy
chat up later, be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Jan-30-24 at 07:58.