Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 06:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/219/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Melanie,

Wow, this picture really makes you look different from the first one I saw. You are even MORE beautiful in it.

I haven't figured out how to put mine up yet, and I really haven't had the time to look very far into it either. Things are kinda hopping around here. I've not been doing very well eating this week. I've missed meals several times and as a result have gained back some of what I've lost. I'm trying VERY hard not to freak out over it. Can't say that I'm doing very well at that either, but I'm here.

Renee'
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 07:12

Stats: 228/224.4/180 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks Renee, You are so sweet. I think it is rather easy to put the picture up, my neice scanned it, and then saved it in a file she could find easily. Then you go into your profile in this forum, and get to edit profile, at the very bottom it says change avitar, you click on that, and then scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a box where it says custom avitar, right above this you have to be sure the little box is checked yes, and then click on browse go to the file where the picture is find it right click on it and then click on select. It seemed really easy when she did it.
The only thing is, you have to make sure the picture is shrank to 100 by 100 pixels. I did not understand any of this at first. I am not very good on the computer, I have alot to learn. But Angela,(niece) helped me alot. If you know anything about it maybe you will know what I am talking about. We named the file, and it was right there when we hit browse and then right click on it and hit select. I bet you can do it. Do you have a scanner?
I am like you, I have not been eating enough veggies or something, I am going to have to do better I am not losing at all. I may have even gained a pound. I am getting disgusted with myself. What is so hard about eating? Yesterday, I had macadamia nuts and water for lunch that is it. I got up at 11o'clock last night and fried cheese and pepperoni, because I was to hungry to sleep. I know you should not do that. I have got to try harder. I should not be hungry. I just dont know what my problem is, I need to go fix me some breakfast and get the day started right and eat today like I should, if my journal dont look right to you, I want you to get all over me!!! I deserve it...
Hubby wants to use the phone and we only have one phone line so I will chat with you later.
I miss Jane, I hope she is enjoying her trip, and her fried cheese idea is super, had not tried it until last night, MMMMMmmmmmmmmm. I also found a smoked cheese yesterday, that is really good. Talk to ya soon.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 07:20

Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default I need a buddy Too ...

I would love to be your buddy. My name is Karin and I just started the Atkins way of eating. I live with males too and really could care less about what they are eating. If intersted e-mail me at karinburton~yahoo.com.

Have a great week!
Karin
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 07:46

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi girls:
you thought you were rid of me but ruth couldn't go today and since my window of time is only 3 1/2 days it's not going to work out. we might go on a short trip next weed just for fun.
so here i am and am i in the same predicament. i gained this week too. i think i got the eating part down pat ha ha. now i 've got to hold bac k a bit.
my sister is low carbing it and has lost 35 lbs! in just 8 weeks. she eats a huge breakfast and i mean huge.... 4-5 eggs, 3slices ham and some bacon, and then only eats salads with some kind of meat and cheese (but smaller proportions) for lunch and supper. and no snacking in the evening. very simple. i'm seriously thinking of going her way. she doesn't make extavegant meals and she eats no starch or sugar. that eliminates a lot of carbs. other than that she eats what she wants even fruit. we are all so different that you have to find what is going to work for your body.
keep on track, girls it isn't really about atkins so much as its about lowcarbs.
ican do this i just got concentrating to hard on making sure i ate enough and kind of over did it.
i totally agree with renee, what a fab picture, you are a real beauty. i'm going to try and get somebody to help me get my picture up or atleast onto your emails.
am going to make myself a huge breakfast girls.
later,
jane
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 11:50

BF:

Hey Girls,

I got my pic posted to my avitar!!! Hee Hee

It was easy Melanie, you were right. I though there would have to be more to it than that.

Also added the new Mantra Jane, thanks again.

Renee'
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 12:30

BF:

Karin,

There's always room for more friends....

You should get notification that someone has posted here, unless you chose not to when you signed up, but I'll email you just to be sure.

Welcome friend.

Renee'
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 12:50

BF:
Default Hey girls....

I am feeling so much better I had veggies and the slight headache feeling is gone already, I had sort of learned to ignore it. Guess I needed to eat them.
Hi, Karin, it would be a real pleasure to have you join us. Exspecially if you understand what it is like to live with a bunch of males!!!
I have eaten alot today, I know ya'll are going to think I am sooooo stupid, but until just recently, I did not realize you could subtract the fiber from the total carbs. So I thought just a little of this and a little of that would add up to quite a few carbs. I am so happy to have figured all that out. I am eating now... Hope it works to get my scales moving again, in the right direction.
While I am thinking about it, I am going to be gone all day tomorrow, am going to ride with a friend to cash a lotto ticket in Austin. He won 3 thousand dollars, lucky him. Some people have all the luck. I dont even waste my time buying lotto tickets.
Happy to have you back Jane, I would have missed you, but I am sorry your trip did not work out.
Have ya'll tried broccoli with a little whipping cream and american cheese melted over it? It is so good. I enjoyed it more than I have anything in awhile. Good for you too!!!
Better run now, I need to check on my mother, have not talked to her in a couple days. Later girls.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 13:19

BF:

Oh Renee, I forgot to tell you, I am so glad it worked for you to post your picture. You look great. It is really easy once someone tells you how to do it. Anyway hope Jane can get someone to help her with it too.
I hate it but I need to go do some laundry and a little cleaning, my grass is growing like crazy after all the rain. I am going to have to get after that too. With no kids, I have been out running around like a chicken with my head cut off, while I have the chance.
Have a great day

#99   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 14:21

BF:

hi karin:
join this bunch of buddies. the more the merrier. you can catch up by reading the volumes we women have written to each other. we are generally a happy bunch, although we do have our days. just wedge yourself in here girl and join the party!
later,
jane
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 15:21

BF:
Talking

Hi Jane,
Thanks, I think I will just go and wedge myself <grin>!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Karin
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 15:43

BF:
Default Re: Hey girls....

Thanks for the welcome! I am so green here that I have a lot to learn. Being a buddy, does that mean just chatting on this thread or is there another board that this group goes to?

This is my first day on Atkins. I can't tell you the last time my grocery cart had real mayo, butter, sour cream and cream cheese in it!!! I had a 2 egg cheese omelette for breakfast. For lunch I took tuna added mayo, diced tomato (very little) and some shreded cheddar cheese and put all of it on two holowed out zucchini's then nuked it until bubbly. It was pretty good. I only ate the one half though because I was doing book keeping then got distracted and later didn't want the rest. When I got home I had a couple of celery sticks with cream cheese for snack. Yummmm. I love cream cheese and have been eating the rubber kind longer than I care to remember! For dinner I am cooking the cabbage and sausage soup that is in the LC recipes link. Looks good so far.

I just got the thing about subtracting the fiber from the carbs this morning. Sure does give you more room to play!

Hope you all have a great night.

Karin
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 16:14

BF:

hi karin:
as buddies we chat on this thread. it's kind of more private than even our journals. have you set up a journal yet? that's where you keep what you eat daily, what you are feeling and your general activities of your day. i've been a bit negligent with mine lately. i've been kind of ill and not interested in my journal but i'll get back to it. the girls here just make me feel so much better than when they respond to me and when i'm not feeling well taht's what i need. so welcome.
jane
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 20:08

BF:

Hi Ya'll. I just returned home from a long walk, I feel alot better now that it has dried up and I can get back to my exercise. It does make a big difference.
I feel like a pig today, I have eaten so much, I LOVE this diet. I dont know if I am losing anything but I feel really good today. Cleaned my whole house and yard, went for a walk, cooked a really nice supper, its been a great day.
Karin, It sounds like you have gotten off to a wonderful start with your diet. Just wanted to tell you, after a few days when you start to go into ketosis, you may feel a little blah, but keep with your diet, it will pass. I guess it is carb withdrawel. After you get past that you will love it. I do, Of course some days are better than others, rainy days and Sundays get me down. ( I think I have heard that in a song or something)
I dont know why, it is mental I guess, but when it is rainy I want to eat eat and eat.
I am doing it again, writing a book, I guess it is just that I am way out here in the country with nobody to talk to, that i get so carried away with you girls. I can not say it enough how much I enjoy talking with ya'll.
What do you do Karin, do you have children, etc... I will have to go take a peek at your profile, I am looking forward to getting to know you..... WELCOME!!!
Jane--- I tried your fried cheese, it is wonderful. I had some kind of smoked cheese and cooked it like you said, it was sooo good!!!
I dont feel like I could possibly lose any weight, as much as I have eaten today. But I am going to try Renee's idea to eat more veggies. I am sure enjoying it too. Had spinich, broccoli, and green beans today. Thinking about maybe squash tomorrow... Cant wait. I am in a really happy mood tonight, have been all day. I guess I better close before I talk ya'lls ears off
Hope when I submit this, a box dont pop up and say not enough room!!!!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 05:54

BF:

Thanks for the nice welcome Jane. Yes I did start the Journal yesterday but didn't write much. I was wondering who all can read these journals, is is just the people on this forum? Guess I am wondering just how personal I can get with others being able to read my every word. Anyhow I do plan on using it on a daily basis hoping that it will keep me focused.

What is the buddy icon for at the end of these messages?

Well, I am off to work now. I have a 10 hour day ahead of me . I am armed with left over cabbage and sausage soup from last night and I will also pack some celery sticks with cream cheese for snack if I get hungry later.

Have a great day!
Karin
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 07:03

BF:

Karin,

The buddy icon is for adding people to your buddy list. Just click on it and who ever wrote that particular post will automatically be added to your buddy list..

You really sound like you are off to a great start. Remember what Melanie said however. Many people do have a few days of feeling very blaa at first, some even get sick, but this passes and then you feel wonderful.

You sound like you will fit right in to our little group...

As far as the personal revalations go, I think most of those who use this site realize that if we reveal our true hearts to each other, it not only helps us on our way to better health [physically and mentally] but also helps others who read what we've said. You would be suprized how many things we all have in common.

Sometimes just knowing that another person is having the same struggles you do is a great help. By cheering them on you also cheer yourself on. You can learn how others have dealt with your problem and be inspired by the way they worked through it.

I have found nothing but support and respect here, no matter what I've revealed about myself. I feel as if I've known these people for ever, afterall they are all so much like me in many different ways. When I write to them I'm writting to myself...as odd as that may sound it's true. It is very helpful...but I'm sure you will see that for yourself...