Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 17:36

Plan: LFL/atkins
Stats: 175/167/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Still here and yes am doing my 20 min/day. Just don't get much time on the computer! Off to do todays tape, still not ready for more than 20 min at once but I do feel stronger and less like a weeble everyday! Keep up th good work all! T
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 04:15

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This Gals on a roll!!! 5/5 so far!! I noticed today [ good imagination probably!]
that I was walking taller!..hey, at my height, every little bit extra counts!
AND I was very conscious of pulling my powerhouse in.
My son made me laugh when we were out, cos' I said something about pilates and he thought I said lattes...so ?! well I had to have one once the thought had been placed there didn't I...didn't I?!!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 04:37

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile

I haven't had a latte since I began low carbing in August! I have thought about having one... Are the carbs bad?
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 05:36
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Today is Yoga/arobic strength training and upper body workout.. Tomorrow is BACK to Pilates groin pull, hahahahaha. JK ladies. I do it 5 days a week and it's getting a "lil" easier. if I did'nt have this pillsbury dough roll in the front it would be much easier,lol. Good morning everyone

Angel
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 08:31

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

I just did not have time yesterday to get my pilates in. By the time I got home from work and I had some time, we had company in. I really didn't feel like being the entertainment. Midnight was too late to start. I need to readjust my schedule so my workout is done before evening.
Hopped on the scale this morning and was down 2 pounds. I really need to work on the inches and firming though.
Kids have a day off school today so I'll have time to do 20 min before work.
I hope everyone has a great day!! Good luck !!!
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 08:33

Plan: Carb Cycling Anita Style
Stats: 175/165/135 Female 66
BF:BMI 28%
Progress: 25%

Good morning to all you gorgeous Pilate Babes!

I'm hanging in there. Going to do my 20 minutes today along with 50 situps and 20 push-ups. I felt more coordinated with the wrokout yesterday, but still not near as coordinated as I would like to be. I won't do me 20 minutes until later this afternoon though. I have to go into the office and right now my stomach is flip flopping for some reason.

Have a great day!
~Christy~
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 09:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am 4/4 - did the 40 minute workout last night. Feeling great! Keep it up all. ALthough I think the most challenging part of my particular tape is the very beginning when you sit down on the mat without sticking you tush back even a little (I always fall!) and the very end when you finish the seal/rolling by lithely standing up from the roll (Yeah, right!) Highly comical. I too have become entertainment for my kids. I will, however consider myself very accomplished when I can actually perform these particular maneuvers.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 10:58

Plan: modified
Stats: 166/164/145 Female 5'9"
BF:flabby/to/firm
Progress: 10%

AAAHHH, I AM SOOO BAAADD!!!

So guess why I'm bad?! Yup, that's right, it's because I'm a lazy carb orgy queen!! Last night, no Pilates, no water, no nothing. What I did have were cheerios, some bloomin' onion, some fries, rice cakes, and uhh, oh yah, sour straws! It was ok while it lasted, but when I started eating all of that stuff, I felt like my gut was expanding. Then I got all self conscious like my rolls were popping out everywhere! I hate when I get like that. I just focus on my tummy and it can soo annoy me!! Today I woke up 154 lbs and it's all my fault.

Ok, it isn't the end of the world, but I can never seem to last longer than 8 DAYS without a cheat! Why I ask you why?!! I'm getting all drama queenish over here. Ok, breathe and I will be fine! I'm going to lift weights today and do Pilates for sure!

hehe, I just thought of Seinfeld. Do you guys watch all of those bizillions of reruns on TBS? I have no life and I do! I was just thinking of the episode when Elaine was messed up on back pain medication and she was shouting "STELLA!!! STELLLLAAAAAA!!" Lol, I'm such a dork.

Happy friday everyone!!

Thanks for checking up on me
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 16:06

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

nutsnseeds..i could never stand up after the seal exercise!! winsor doesn't get you to..at least not on the 2o min workout, but i did notice to my dismay last night, that although i thought i was doing the roll ups etc quite well, my new 3/4 length yoga pants told a different story!!..they rolled also part way down from my waist..SO theres obviously too much movement going on there..me thinks!..instead of my 'powerhouse' doing the job efficiently!! whats your thoughts?
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 16:13

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Christy*
Good morning to all you gorgeous Pilate Babes!

I'm hanging in there. Going to do my 20 minutes today along with 50 situps and 20 push-ups. I felt more coordinated with the wrokout yesterday, but still not near as coordinated as I would like to be. I won't do me 20 minutes until later this afternoon though. I have to go into the office and right now my stomach is flip flopping for some reason.

Have a great day!
~Christy~

Pilate Babes! Now there is a title we should adopt because by the time we finish this challenge we will all be total babes! I am so into this challenge! Keep up all the terrific work ladies!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 16:20

BF:

OK Kiwigal - dropping pants is not part of the program! Although like someone earlier said I can't let DH in the room when I am trying to contort or it would be!

I am thinking about taking a class if I can find one that fits into the 12 minutes a day I have to myself. I think I need it for form and my uninformed impression is that to get results this is all about form. I have only my tapes to go by. I don't find most of the moves terribly hard but that could be because I am not doing them right! Wouldn't that be a kicker to put all this time into it and not get results? I do feel a slight, good kind of soreness so I *think* it is doing something. When are we measuring?

Oh - and early in this thread someone asked about pilates arm exercises. I have bat wings I am trying to tighten and I bought a pilates package that includes a short tape (8 minutes) and arm circles - they look like 2 mini hoola hoops for the arms. It is the same pilates series I have been using (Ana Caban). Very, very fast but I tend to do the other ones instead so I can't tell you if the arm circles work. I got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 16:22

Plan: Hampton's/Atkins
Stats: 205/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:fat
Talking

I didn't get to do my pilates yesterday was just too busy. So today was a little less stressfull around the house I had time to do the 20 min twice therefore I am 4/4. I am also finding it a lot easier as the days go on. Was actually able to do the seal today Weighed in at the gym this morning and I have broken my Oct. goal WHOOOHOOO!!!!!!

Last edited by mitchsam98 : Fri, Oct-22-04 at 16:35.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 21:55

BF:

Just finished the 40 minute workout so I am 5/5. I have never done this much pilates before! I am very consistent with my exercise but have only done pilates on occassion in the past. Here's hoping that "we will feel better in 10 sessions, look better in 20 sessions and have a totally new body in 30 sessions" as Joseph Pilates is often quoted. I want that new body so I am doing my 30 sessions as fast as possible!!! Best to all.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 06:45
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I allways do some foot stretches before I do my Pilates. Hav'nt had a cramp yet thank goodness. But ankles feeling tight? Ohh yeah. Not like in that all too much but no sweat. Did Yoga and Pilates this morning a lil easier. I think my body knows Im not giving up and is loosnin up a tad for me, LOL. Have a super Saturday ladies and don't be SLACKIN just cause it's the weekend.. ..

Angel
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 09:15

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

I'm still on the 20 min tape, not finding it any easier yet. Hopefully it will. I have time today so I'm going to look at the one for abs and the one on legs, haven't had them out of the package yet.
I took my measurements so I'm hoping by next week there is a change. Hopefully I can soon work up to the longer workout. I concentrating so much on the breathing and doing the moves properly, I hope I am!
Can't wait to see some results.

Have a great workout and a great day!!