Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 10:17

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up

Great going, Ricky! If you're claiming that 157.5, why don't you change your profile??? I never wait---I always change it as soon as I see a lower number--like today! I'm only 1.5 from my pre-Christmas weight!

I've got a massive headcold now. I feel like lying around all day. Yesterday I "fed" my cold all day and still managed to lose weight. I ate several slices of cheesecake, a protein shake w/ lots of extra cream, 3 eggs w/ cheese for breakfast, good salad for lunch....But I thought I ate so much fat that I wouldn't lose. However, since I didn't feel as bad yesterday as I do now, I did exercise. I got Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 4-miler for a change of pace. I only did one mile, but it's a start!

Man, what a nightmare here. My 5 yo son is being his usual too-intense self and my baby girl who turns 2 today is have one tantrum after another. And I don't feel like dealing with it....
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 19:15

Plan: Sandra Cabot
Stats: 198/181/132 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too Much
Progress: 26%

Congradulation Ricky thats great news, sorry to hear youve been sick but atleast you can be happy with this result.
Neenz

Last edited by Neenz : Sun, Jan-25-04 at 01:29.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 05:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Never did see the treadmill, but I did get into a hot tub for an hour, and man was that nice, especially when its -10 degrees outside. Took the kids to a real nice indoor pool and had a good time yesterday. Feel refreshed for the week ahead. Plan on a trip to the gym today, but will take it easy since its been a week since my muscles woke up.
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/207/180 Female 5'11'
BF:30%
Progress: 33%

Thanks everyone. Not like I was ignoring ya'll but the weather sucks here. Been without electricity for 2.5 days now. I moved in with my parent last night. Couldn't handle being with out tv, radio and besided my cell phone was running out of juice. LOL... My vehicle is totally iced in can't get the doors pried opened so so much for trying to recharge there. My husband has a smalle car so we finally got his started and cleared (not to mention his windshield cracked) not funny but hey it's covered. I would figure since he grew up in NY and lived the past 7 years in MD, VA area he would be use to the weather but now that he has been in South Carolina for a whole 2 weeks his blood has thinned I guess.

He is not a happy camper these days he is going through a BIG adjusment period (he just retired 24 yrs active duty) now he has to come home to a house with 3 females not knowing any of us. Last time he was living with us the girls were on ly 5 and 1 now they are 14 and 10 BIG BIG change. for all of us.

Well I am glad for the welcome and ya'll might get tired of me. Seeing as how this seems to be my only sanity for the moment until he adjusts I will just be doing my thing online.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 18:50
Registered Member

Stats: 197/177.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 41%

Mafiadiva,

Thanks! Looks like your ice storm is hitting us in Jersey now. First snow, now the ice storm and yet more snow tomorrow. I used to live in SC many years back when I was a kid. We were stationed at Charleston AFB when I was a kid. I loved it in SC and remember the mild winters. Looks like that's a thing of the past now since you guys got hit so hard by the ice. I hope everything's back to normal there now.

suziQ
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 05:52

How's it going, everyone? I'm over my cold. We didn't get any real ice---sent it on up mafia's way! LOL! It's just cold and really windy here today. BRRRRR! But I guess I shouldn't complain, considering where you guys live!

I've been staying legal. PMS this week. So far it is not too bad; I've been taking my vitamins this month! So, I don't plan to drop anything before the weekend. I have been having a diet vanilla coke nearly every day, which I'm thinking is a bad thing for many reasons---not the least of which is that I think it has me craving things. It's also beeen hard to get in the water...coke takes up too much room!

I did FIRM Cardio-split today! Go me!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 17:56
Registered Member

BF:

Sara,

Good going with the workout! I've been bad and haven't been on the treadmill in a couple of days. I figured shoveling all of this snow is probably more of a workout anyway...lol I'll drag myself on it tonight.

susiQ
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey ya'll - just checking in to see I'm not the only one digging out my cars. Got 2 out of 3 stuck in the driveway yesterday...what a hoot. Hope the workout was as good as the gym would have been...think I would have preferred the gym though...
Good news for us northern gals, it's suppose to go up to freezing - 32 degrees- for groundhog day. It'll feel like a thaw over the last month. My gas bill is a whopper.
I've been under a lot of stress these last 10 days or so, think its what let me get so sick. Had my 1st migraine in years yesterday. Got any magic potion for a rebelling senior in high school??? He's got my last nerve just about broken. Counting the days till he's 18 and ask him to leave. Hate it..I was hoping this would be the fun year, planning his departure rather than being hostile--but as they say "...even the best laid plans...."
Anyway ---life goes on. I'm back up to 159 and thats not acceptable. Got to get back with the program and graze instead of binge. Make time for myself and pray a lot more. Guess that'll do it.
Got to scramble at work because I've been sidetracked with him..so see ya when I get done. Good health to ya'll and be happy.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:32

Ricky, you need a big hug! I've always dreaded the rebellious teen years! I'm doing everything I can to avoid them (don't we all?); but some children just seem to be prone that way. My 5 yo ds and 2 yo dd are the ones I worry about. They are way more rebellious already than the older ones! I've started visiting the website of Dr. Ray Guarendi daily for a dose of common-sense discipline. He's a psychologist and father of 10 adopted children and VERY FUNNY! Of course, he's funnier in person; it's hard to get it across on the internet. So things have been better here the past few days--even with the big kids---much less yelling and spanking. His website is http://www.drray.com . It used to be kidbrat.com. LOL! It can't be too late to reclaim your son, can it??? I'll pray for you too!

I've been working out---no snow to shovel here---but I'm still not up to the glistening level! Tired and a bit sore, though.

I'm expecting TOM on Saturday or Sunday and I can't wait. I'm so bloated and disgusting. I had a carb fest yesterday--a whole grain wasa cracker and then a little whole wheat spaghetti at dinner. Woo hoo! Livin' on the edge! It didn't help--dinner made me feel like crap. I'm also constipated and decided to have some ezekiel bread w/ my eggs and bacon this a.m. We'll see if the fiber helps. Oh, and did I mention chocolate???? Too much 85% chocolate all day...I wish the whoosh fairy would come, even though I've done nothing to deserve a visit from her!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 19:30
Registered Member

BF:

Ricky,

Glad to see I wasn't the only one having fun in the snow. Wow, a whole 32 on Monday...I can't wait. I went through that whole rebellious thing when my daughter turned 18. They seem to think that 18 makes them an automatic adult and they can make their own rules. My daughter and I fought like cats and dogs. I'm glad to say that they do grow out of it....eventually. My daughter is now 24 and she still lives with me, but we've become friends. Just remember, there is a light at the end of that rebellious tunnel.

suziQ
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 01:40

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

How is it going everyone? Sorry ricky to hear about your son. I went through a very tough time with mine a few yrs. ago...Seems a girl was calling him gay and making fun of him becuase he didn't have a grilfriend...(He was in 7th grade!!)She teased him in front of everyone and really humiliated him. It took a long time for him to tell me what was going on...I don't think he even knew how much it was effecting him. Well, God answered prayers and she moved..she is back now but it was enough time for him to get back his self esteem. He is doing great and such a together kid. He is a 10th grader now and we have the best relationship. For some reason his anger was focused mostly on me. Think it wa a saftely thing to see if I would always be there..he needed someone to vent and dump on and I just was the parent he chose. I really hope it gets better soon as it is so stressful but once again I will pray for you...It does wonders!

My goal for losing before 40 is coming closer! I can't say I have made much true progress. I guess the only progress is that I am trying more often. Now I just need to do it everyday! I have about 9 weeks before the big day! Yikes..I could probably lose in 2-3weeks but I can't seem to stay on induction long enough. I have such cravings they get better and then for some reason I blow it...WHY? I have no idea!

Hope everyone else is doing well Take care
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 01:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

OH YEAH...Your gona think I am crazy but I WANT SOME SNOW. WE HAVE NOT HAD MORE THAN A DUSTING AND I CAN'T STAND IT.

YOU CAN SEND IT MY WAY OK?
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 05:29

Hi, just call me grumpy! I have major PMS and bloating and my weight is up, up, up. I hate it!

Karen, good luck losing before your birthday. I only have to lose 1 lb. per week to make my goal, shouldn't be too hard, should it? But I seem to be going in the opposite direction....
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 01:43

Plan: Sandra Cabot
Stats: 198/181/132 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too Much
Progress: 26%

Hi all
Well I can relate to the teenager as I have a 19 yr old son who although great is a pain in the a........ and is now the only member of the family who knows anything.
Totally independant at the expense of anyone else.
However he is moving overseas for 2 yrs so might do some serious growning up there.
The weather here is hot and getting hotter, I spent the day in my brothers pool then took the kids to Macdonalds.
Weight, Well I have only lost 1 lb this week and nearly feel like giving up but will keep going. Getting depressed as the loss is so slow now but at least its a loss right.
Sorry to hear you are all digging your cars out and getting sick, don't have to worry about snow here just heat stroke.
Hope your all well now , Neenz
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 05:11

Dh and I were at church last night helping out with marriage preparation. We'll be there this a.m. too. One of the things our "team" does is provide lots and lots of M&Ms. Huge bags. We can't seem to survive without them! I kept telling dh how much I wanted to eat the whole bowl (5 lbs. LOL!), but I didn't touch a single one. Ya know why, Neenz? Because there is no going back....leaving LC will lead quickly and surely to a huge weight gain and many more tears. A pound a week is wonderful----I would love that---just one pound every week. The GAIN would be much faster, however!