Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 22:10

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Adukart-- wk#1...129..
Amber--wk#1...210
Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
Chancyrose--wk#1...149..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...222..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Heather--wk#1 Too scared to look
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 22:45

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Liddle! OMG FRaggle Rock was my FAVORITE show!!! I honestly wish I could buy every single episode on DVD..I would!!! I also have signs on my fridge and in my upstairs bathroom... I also ALWAYS ask myself the H.A.L.T questions (Hungry? Angry? Lonely? or Tired?...or BORED? or thirsty?) It's almost never HUNGER... *sigh* I have years of damage to clean up here! and yes if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you let me!
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 05:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi all and welcome to the newcomers.

I am back from my last family get together, very tired because I went to Ohio and back all in one day. DH didnt get to go and help with driving, he had towork. Thankfully the kids slept most of the way back and wasnt fighting or just aggravating each other. The get together was wonderful. It waas the first time since we were all little kids and now we have kids of our own. I did horrible on the eating part. I knew I would be I also know that that is the last dinner and I am starting fresh today. The only low carb thing they had was the broccoli dish I made. I made candy, pumpkin roll and cheese ball also. I took it all and told them I wasnt bringing any of it back home, that way I wouldnt be tempted by it. I will post the broccoli dish on Monday, I am too tired this morning and I wont be onthe computer much today. It turned out really good, everyone liked it. I decided to make it with the bacon. I made half with crackers half with bacon, just in case it didnt turn out good. I also made low carb meatloaf for my brother and his family, they loved it and of course I didnt tell them it was low carb until they were finished. They couldnt believe it. I fixed them the pizza the last time they were home and they loved it too. They were surprised that I was still keeping the weight off and very encouraging about it(besided the 10lbs. I deal with every month)

I cannot believe the difference in weather. I was 72 here yesterday and supposed to be the same today and them snow tomorrow. It broke a record set in 1907.

I will catch up with everyone on Monday, good luck on the weigh ins.

OH yeah, Angie, what made you decide to quit smoking? My DH chews Skoal and my kids and I have tried our best to get him to stop. No luck so far, the kids are always asking my, "Why doesnt daddy quit, he knows it is bad for him?" I tell them to ask him and maybe he would quit if they would keep after him. Like someone said, it will save you alot of money. His Skoal costs 33.00 a week if it isnt on sale. We need a new car for him to drive to work and I told him he could make a car payment with that money.

Have a good day.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 09:51

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

"Angie, what made you decide to quit smoking?"

As with anything there are alot of factors. I went on this WOE to become healthy, but if I smoke I won't be, Both my girls smoke and that really upsets me, It is costing me about $60.00 a week which could go to other things that can improve the quality of life for my family ,I am trying to get rid of all my addictive behaviors, I want to buy a house and that's a huge chunk of money that could go to the mortgage.
Glad you had fun at your family get together.
angie
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Hello to everyone! I tell you what, there are so many insightful posts and such honesty on just this thread (let alone the whole forum), that when I feel like binging, I'm just going to turn to my computer instead.

Jessie, everytime I see your Avatar I smile. What a delightful picture. Depression is so tough, especially since it can be related to hormones, a situation, genetics, etc. It is a prevalent in my family, and I battled it for a long time after both my parents died when I was 22 years old (I'm now 34). My life has really turned around for me in the last year, which is why I think it is a perfect time to work on my health. Please know, Jessie and everyone, that the truth about you is beautiful and perfect.

Annie - sorry to hear about your situation. I sure hope things get resolved for you soon.

We had an ice snow and snow storm last night and today, but I'm enjoying my cozy living room and cuddling with the cats.

Not that anyone would be so foolish as me, but if you ever get those ankle weights, DO NOT strap them on and exercise full force like you do without them. I did just that and have had terrible knee pain from the strain since Friday. I've mananged with ALEVE, but OUCHIE.

This is my personal form of sabotage. I usually manage to hurt myself or get sick just when I commit to a more intense exercise program! I will try to do Curves tomorrow, but I'll take it easy on myself so I do not do further damage!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 14:10

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

HEATHER!! You came back! We missed you, girlfriend! Thanks, Maureen for being so persistent! "You can run, but 'cha can't hide", Heather! LOL

Adukart-- wk#1...129..
Amber--wk#1...210
Angie-- wk#1...191.5..
Annie-Pie--wk#1...171..
CindyLynn--wk#1...151
Connie--wk#1...222..
Donna--wk#1...226.5..
Heather--wk#1...129..
Jessie--wk#1...225..
Lise-- wk 1... 203..
Liv2004 --wk 1...232..
Marie--wk#1...184..
Maureen..wk#1..246..
Michelle--wk 1...162..
Mossling-- wk#1...278..
Mushyroom--Wk #1...210..
Nancy--wk#1...202..
Sheila--wk#1..182..
Teresa--wk 1...197..
Tina--wk#1...215..
Zuleka wk.1...171..

Tina sorry to hear about the break-in attempt. You are fortunate someone didn't retaliate. Your adrenalin must've been running or you wouldn't have run out after them. I know how you feel--we had a big theft in August--tried to steal the truck, took the 2 purses we had forgotten to take out of the van. Identity theft big-time. But---it is all replaceable.

Here is a recipe I wish to share with you all. I want to make sure we give credit where credit is due, so instead of posting the recipe, I will simply give the link, with all credit to DWRolfe.

The recipe is for: Cheesey Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. From the look of things, many replied saying it is now a regular meal at their home!

Will make it tonight.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...65&page=1&pp=15
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 15:01

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

Annie thanks for the recipe . I needed an idea for dinner tonight.

Heather: I can't believe it. Someone besides me remembers Fraggle Rock.
I knew I wasn't dreaming it up.

Teresa: I hope your knee gets better quick.

Last edited by addicted2s : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 15:04.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 18:25

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:

hi all, I'm still in the game but haven't had much time to post so far this w/e. Back to work tomorrow... after being off since Xmas. Will wt in tomorrow and see how I faired over the holiday.

Annie the Awesome Chicken and Brocolli is one of my family favorites. The sauce is great with other things as well I have used it with stir fried veggies, added some shrimp and put on top of "riced" cauliflower for me and pasta for the family. It is really good. As well I have used the sauce over meat balls. One thing I learned though is once you add the Mayo don't over cook it or it will seperate.

Fraggle Rock was a great show, didn't realize it was seen in the States. It's a great kid show... adult too.

Well see you all on Monday for wt in. Good luck to all of us loosers.

Last edited by huggs2ewe : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 18:26.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 20:41
Registered Member

Stats: 240/233/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Dance your cares away
Worry's for another day
Let the music play
Down in Fraggle Rock
Work your Cares away
Dancing's for another day
Let the music play
Down in Fraggle Rock
Down in Fraggle Rock
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:04

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:

way to go

Down in Fraggle Rock
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:04

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Okay now I'll be singing that for a week!

DO I HAVE to weigh in and tell the truth? I am nervous about it but better go to bed and just do it as they say lol G'night!
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 23:26

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Let's all grab each other, elbow to elbow, and weigh in at the same time! I'm doing it, just like diving into the arctic polar bear club! We can do it, girls!

Fraggle Rock? That was cute! But my favorite is... the Muppets singing, "Manamanah".. We have it downloaded and love it!
So to all of you...Manamanha!

Annie
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 01:22

Stats: 197/180/135 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi! Is it too late to join this group? I've been *bad* over the holidays and now that they're over with, I'm ready to get serious again. I do NOT want to fear the scale anymore!

My weight tonight was 188. Probably wasn't much different on Monday. Should I post that as my week 1 weight? If weigh-in is tomorrow, I imagine I'll still be 188 then.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Nikki
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 04:24

BF:

Well, looks like all the 70 degree weather has brought us much rain. It is flooding everywhere. I am glad I dont personally have to worry about it but lots of people will. I just pray that they stay safe.

DD probably wont have school today and for my sake she really needs to go, lol. Dont get me wrong, I love spending time with her but she aggravates my poor little boy to death and just sits back and laughs.

Hope everyone has a good weigh in today. My time is 9:30 to weigh in so I will post then. Dont get discouraged if you didnt lose like I normally do. Just remember this is the first week and we will all be on track. A new year, a new me.

My cold is mostly gone so I hope to force myself to get on the treadmill today and get started again. I cant believe just not long ago I was building myself up to jogging and then just completely stopped. Exercise is something you just have to "make" time for and stop making excuses of why you have to keep putting it off.

Jessie, I think you and I have alot in common. I do so good for 3 or 4 days and then have just one little thing that i shouldnt and so then I tell myself "well ive already cheated, might as well eat what I want" This is not the right thing to do and I know it but my hand and mouth do not cooperate with my mind. I also get aggravated when the scales stop moving and say that it wont hurt to just cheat for one day and then that leads into another day. Just dontgive up because our kids are worth it. It is so nice to be able to get out and play with theminstead of watching them all the time like I used to. When I first started losing the weight, I was doing it for my kids, now I am doing it for my husband. I can deal with gaining a few pounds here and there better than I can gaining it all back, which is what I will do if I dont stay on track with this woe.

Have a good day.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 04:26

BF:

Angie: Are you putting the money away each week that you are saving by not smoking? Thats what I tried to get my DH to do and see just how much money he is wasting. He used to tell me that I spent just as much on pop and I did. He also toldme that if I stopped drinking pop he would stop chewing. He didnt follow through with that deal. Hope you are doing ok with it. Just think, you wont be the only one who will be healthier, everyone around you will because they wont be getting your second hand smoke anymore.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!