Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#856   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-24, 15:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies!

OMG TRIG- that post was a nail-biter! You can write my friend!!!!
Glad Milo was found. How though do you turn a kitten who is used to being outside to an indoor cat?
Glad it is working out. Great idea for a chip!!!!

I so smiled reading your WOE journey. I too find that when I just keep on plan it is so easy. It is the "taste of this and that that kills it". Staying the course is the best. FEELS BEST!!!

Did the heat come back there?!?!?!

Nic- whoa with the MIL there. Does that exhaust you? It sure would me. Even with my mother, it is just too much after 24 hours!!! LOLOLOLOL You have more patience than me! LOL

Lori- Selling your clubs....LOLOLOLOL not a chance in Hello!!!!! LOLOL Like Trig said unless you are upgrading!
---------------------------------------------

I cancelled yesterday book club due to a migraine and now feel I have a full-blown cold. urghhhhhhhh

I am not surprised being in a hotel for 9 days and traveling. Bound to happen.

Just chilling today and tomorrow is another day. Ordered a Coffee maker and new water filters for my Water Drop. Exciting day. I am truly chillin.

Tomorrow new day
Sponsored Links
  #857   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-24, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I was in such a foul mood yesterday afternoon.....thank goodness I feel better this morning. Yesterday I was pi$$ed off about my internet service. I have been having it just drop several times a day. It will be down for a few minutes and then back up. Yesterday I made my 2nd call in two days to complain about it. The girl I had on the phone was from India or something and I could hardly understand her. I lost it when she asked me if I have a DSL filter.....hell, I don't know! She laughed at me and said it would be a box near where the cord goes into the phone jack. I lost it and said "No......I am not crawling around under the desk to look for whatever it is. I'm tired of this and I'm not going to continue to pay for a service that isn't working." Now I have a technician coming on Monday to check things out. I don't have any confidence that it will be resolved since it is intermittent. The guy I talked to on Thursday looked at my account and said he could see that it had dropped 39 times in the past week. WTH? I know this is a first world problem, but it still makes me mad. I hate it when you call and they expect you to figure it out yourself and then you can't understand what they are saying. ARGHHH!!!

----------

Trig.....How did Milo do staying in the house all night? Did you get any sleep?

Jaz...I hope you can get over your cold quickly. Just what you need when you're starting a new job.

Nic....Hope things go well with Mom....or is it MIL?

----------

No golf today. Rain coming this morning. I didn't play well yesterday again. I think I'm ready to hang it up for the year. We're playing tomorrow and it's supposed to be windy and chilly. Not ideal. I'll be off Monday for the dang internet technician to come and then Tuesday I agreed to play in a little ladies tournament.....no stress, but I wish I wouldn't have signed up. Wednesday we leave for VA for a few days. I'm already worried about Gabby. I have a pet sitter stopping in, but I still feel guilty about it. Sigh.....

Make it the best day you can!
  #858   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-24, 06:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, damn girl you sound like me. LOL LOL I also can't take being overloaded with useless stuff in life that is annoying as heck and I have to be involved in any way when I am paying SO DARN much for a service I so get what ya said HAHA

a bit chilly with golf would be ok but darn windy? Windy can be a toughie cause they say windy and it can be so damn windy it puts your golf balls off course I do not like being in windy. It wrecks my sinus like crazy too so for me, windy forecast stinks but I hope ya fair thru it better.

A pet sitter is a fine idea for Gabby truly. But I get ya in that your 'kitty routine and her human routine' will be thrown off and it irks ya to 'put her out like that' but she will be fine!!! Look at me, I left my outdoor cats for weeks on vadcay and only Barb would come refill food bowl and water and also would leave my goat Lollipop for weeks on vacay with Barb to feed/check water and wellness so in the end, your Gabby has it made in the shade with a real petsitter watching over her.

I take it she will stay in the house the whole time the petsitter is there right? So at least you know point blank she is safe and sound inside right? Plus pet sitter can send ya a fast update text when she sees her and tell ya she is fine.

Hey Nicco...hope all fine, as it will be for ya You get thru all of your busy situations in good form, you got that 'can do' killer instinct in ya

Jazz, sorry ya feel crappy but yea sure I get ya would be off on the time spent on the road etc. Out of your routine and all new will eventually do a toll on the body, hope ya get over it all fast, you will tho!!

NO HI heat has not come back. Gonna close pool real soon but ya know I don't close 'good' like olden days. This time I will drain filter etc and no cover. See what goes down and still on fence about having pool taken down so.......eh, like Scarlet said, worry about it tomorrow.

I still haven't gotten to emails and see apt pics yet.......off I go after that to do just that LOL

YEA ONE CAN'T do bites of this and that on carnivore much cause any time people who need to be off all plant carbs like me, that is just a prelude to a setback and even bites make the body feel WAY different ya know. We think what can a few bites of crap in our day do.....for me I feel it truly. So now I don't even do that anymore at all. I just pass by all food now that is not meat that I do well on and that is that. I finally got OUT OF MY OWN HEAD ya know where food intake is concerned, but damn it took alot of friggin' years to do just that HA

-----------------Milo hates being indoors but distracting her with keeping one other boy cat inside. Which he don't like it either but it is what it is. I ABSOLUTELY don't like them in 24/7 but right now I got to get Milo over to kid and then I can set 'our cat life' here ya know. But also will remove a friend cat from Milo in upcoming days a bit cause in the end, she will be indoor alone so...no use not putting her in that situation I guess? EH THINKING TOO DAMN much on a cat now HAHA I am getting so over it

today is big Tbone steak and cheeseburgers. done, over, set, next

easy day, not much, few chores etc. just waiting for my life to even out how I want it, maybe one day it will come LOL all good tho, so be good all and have a fab day
  #859   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-24, 15:49

BF:

Hey quickie!!

I'm tired and trying to get up for Monday. On the clock now.

I feel like a bundle of nerves. I don't know why this gig feels so different. Maybe because I am half way around the country.

Trig
- I think it is hilarious you are in such kitty patrol. LOLOL

Yup and yup. The more research I do I am learning that there are a subset of people (me and most likely you) that are SO SO SO carb sensitive that bites can set one back for days. It speaks to years of eating garbage.

Lori- I get so mad too when I call a service company, bank, internet company, or you name it and the service people BARELY speak ENGLISH. HUGE pet peeve of mine.
Right there with ya on that!!!!!

Hiya Nic!
------------------------------------------------------------

Just puttering today. I did some laundry, took a nice walk with Ruger, and am waiting for The Ohio State to play at 630.

LOL-

Later
  #860   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-24, 06:01

BF:

me first??

quickie post tho guys, off to hit grocery and a few errands in a bit. Not a big day of anything here so mostly gonna roll with the flow, few errands etc and call it a day HAHA

Hey Jazz, I hit the emails and saw your apt pics for Tulsa area.
Your apt is super cute and seems just enough for your limited stay there for your work gig.

You start work tomorrow right??

Hey Lori and Nicco.....hope your mornings are going well and will come back and chat ya up later

be good all
  #861   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-24, 08:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all

Checking in. The maternal unit is here- came in yesterday. Gonna just try to stay positive and on an even keel. Key words are to wait and respond rather than just react.

We had our progressive dinner last night with our neighbors. We do it quarterly. It is so fun and we are all committed to it taking place.

A neighbor couple that is not part of our group (there are 7 homes on our street- the group is made up of 4) is getting a divorce (pretty suddenly) and their house is going up on the market. DH and I discussed whether we wanted to move over into a larger house. We LOVE ours but it's one level and as the family grows we are really overrun when folks come- and KBE have been coming FAR more than we had anticipated. Ultimately we decided we just didn't want to shift- this is our home and not meant to be a family home, even if it makes gatherings more complicated overall.

Very cool morning today- in the 50s and I'm in leggings, long sleeve T and socks!

Trig sounds like a pretty chill day for you. Milo is your grand kitty don't ya know?

Jaz I can totally understand jitters. You will feel better once you get in and get the lay of the land.

Lori hope all is well, golfing and otherwise!
  #862   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-24, 13:21

BF:

Hmm....guess I forgot to post this morning! I had a pretty decent day on the golf course. It was sunny, but a cold wind kept us in jackets all day. Tomorrow I have to stay home to wait for the internet Tech to try to figure out my stupid connection and why it keeps dropping. I also have a dentist appt in the afternoon. If the Tech doesn't come in the morning, I'll have to cancel the dentist. Round and round I go.

I also have to get organized for our little trip this week. We're leaving Wednesday around 10 or 11. We won't need to pack much and the weather is looking good.

Well, I could use a nap

"See" you tomorrow!
  #863   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-24, 15:31

BF:

Good Afternoon going on evening

Nic- I want to fall off my chair- "The Maternal Unit is HERE".[I] - Holy crap that is an amazing choice of words! SO SO SO stealing that one. Ranks right up there with sperm donor.

GIRL- SO SO SO smart to keep the beach house a BEACH house and not a second FAMILY home. As much as you love that grandbaby and the kids, better a bit uncomfortable so they don't FOREVER STAY. KWIM............

It is a bit chilly here now in the morning! Ready from the 100+ heat.
How are you feeling these days? How is your eating making you feel? Any advancement there?
Hubby still there?
Love love how you are so friendly and involved there.

Trig- LOLOLOL - funny how you like the apt and ZONED in on the bottle of wine in the corner! LOLOLOLOL - Too dam funny.
Yeah I would most likely be at ideal weight if not for the wine. However, you would be visiting me at the funny farm. Yeah well a glass of wine in the evening is my way to relax. Thankfully I do know that 1-2 is limit. (most of the time) LOLOL

Yeah, it is time to put away the pool for this season.

How is Kiddo's wrist healing?

Lori- Did you get your internet up and going? I do know how frustrating all that crap is!!!!!!

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow. So you are taking the day off tomorrow?
Goodness what will we have to talk about in the winter?!?!?!?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Slept in hard this morning. I too have pretty much puttered. I did do a "dry run" to the parking garage this morning for tomorrow. We are supposed to park at the Civic center and be (cattle) shuttled in. They are working on their parking garage so everyone needs to park and be shuttled. I just hate shuttles. 3nd facility that does that. Oh well not forever.

That is what I am telling myself. This place is NOT FOREVER. I am here to work and collect a check and nothing more.

26 weeks starts tomorrow. Then I am going home. This is not a pretty place. I will leave it at that. Here for the check and I don't care.
My apt however IS a safe and pretty haven and for that I am grateful!!!!!

I am on a huge beef and butter kick! I find I just CRAVE beef. Trust me when I say I never thought I could do "just meat". Sounds really gross until you are "IN IT". Then it changes everything. So hard to explain.

I am taking my blood sugars daily I am running 110-120 in the mornings. Not good. Got some more tweaking to do. Eeeehhmmmm - yeah the wine...... Need to cut it more with sparking water. I am not doing anything else. Has to be that.
sighhhhhhhhhhh
I am so carb sensitive. I am evening drinking the breeze 3.5 carbs per 6 oz and low % alcohol.

Well I will check in tomorrow.

If I haven't said it lately. I LOVE YOU LADIES. Thank you for coming with me on my trip!!!!!!!!!!
  #864   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-24, 04:48

BF:

Good Morning!

It is Monday Morning- to early to be up. My gut is a red hot MESS!
I have not had such a viseral reaction to a job start in forever! Anyway-
HERE I GO AGAIN! -

Back at ya when I can chat, relax and it's over for the day.

26 weeks to go and counting. Just 26. I can do this.
  #865   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-24, 07:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......And so it begins! I hope your nervous gut settles down once you are there. 26 weeks and counting. Bank those $$$ and don't look back. I'll be anxious to hear about your first day.

Trig....How is DD doing with her wrist injury? How are you making out with keeping Milo inside?

Nic.....Hope things are going well with the Maternal Unit. I'm sure there are some trying times. So nice of you to bring her there for a few days.

--------

I had to cancel my dental appointment because the "internet guy" is coming between 12:30 and 2:30. I have no confidence that he will be able to figure anything out since it only happens intermittently. I didn't have any issues yesterday afternoon/evening, but Saturday night it started dropping at 6:15PM and dropped 5 times in the following hour! Just a PITA when you're trying to watch a video or show. I hope he doesn't change out the modem again. It is a new one, but he may change it. That means redoing log ins and passwords for our devices plus my Roku and Firestick. Not a huge deal, just another PITA. First world problems, I know.

This morning I'm catching up on laundry and getting some stuff packed for our little trip. The weather is looking great and I know we'll have a good time. Hope poor Gabby survives her 3 days inside and alone. I know she'll hide from the pet sitter, but they'll let food for her and clean her litter boxes.

Enjoying a day at home. Only 1 short errand to run this morning and then I'll wait for the repairman. Sigh....
  #866   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-24, 18:19

BF:

Quickie-

Hiya-

Lori- bummer you had to cancel your dental!!!!! I hope you got your internet up and working! Nothing more frustrating.
When do you play again?

Is this the upcoming weekend you go to your ROADTRIP?

Trig/ Nic- hiya!
--------------------------------------------------

Today was good. SO exhausting. I FEEL every bit of 58 years old. I just want to drop.

They are going to put me on the EARLY shift- 7:45- 4:15. Yeah we will see is I can really scoot at 4:15.
I will be getting up at 5 going forward.

100% on WOE plan.

I had a T-bone waiting on me when I got back. I popped it in the airfryer and by the time I walked Ruger it was ready. SWEET.

I am whipped.

I like my manager so far- lol. But everyone seems really nice and it looks to be an ok place. I got good vibes. I am happy about that.

I am hopeful I can do the 26 weeks.

Later gators. I am brain dead
  #867   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-24, 04:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I'm happy to hear that you got good vibes from the new place. I can only imagine how tired you are. It will take a bit to get your legs back under you....IYKWIM. I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Trig & Nic .......what's happening?

-------

So far so good with my "fixed" internet. A new modem installed and all wires checked. The Tech took the time to make sure my TV, Roku, Firestick were all connected and working. Nice guy. I can do it, but they are much quicker at it so I let them do it.

Today I'm playing in a little ladies tournament at the club. It is an easy, no stress day. I have to be there early for "breakfast" and then we play and have lunch after. I just wish I didn't have to go so early.

I did most of my packing yesterday.....not taking much. We'll only be gone from Wednesday to Saturday. Weather is looking so nice....thank goodness. It might not be sunny, but NO rain. Yay!

Well, I have to get moving. Have good days!
  #868   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-24, 04:27

BF:

Hey all!

Lori-
You are the early bird! I bet though I was up before you! See below!
Yay on the "get away". I know you and hubby will have a blast. I am glad you have the ability now to get up and go whenever you want! Tell me where you are going again. I swear I have ZERO retention these days!

Glad you are up and wifi working!

Howdy Trig/ Nic-
----------------------------------------------------------
I was SO SO SO tired last night. I went to bed by 9. I have been up now since 2 am with DRAMA in the form of a busted pipe leak from the upstairs neighbors bathroom.

They work 3nd shift so they are up and roaming and doing stuff all night long! Well she decided at 2 am to take a bath and when she drained the tub it was running onto my bathroom floor. I heard it and got up and was like OMFG!!!!! Water was pouring from the ceiling.

I tossed down towels and texted the landlord who responded right away. He is in Cali- not local. But he has a property manager who is coming first thing this morning with the plumber.

I have been up since 2 when this happened cleaning up the mess and doing laundry. I now have to leave and go to work. I just CAN'T call out 2nd day on the job.

I am anxious because people will be coming and going, Ruger will try to run. What a FREKIN nightmare. I am sleep deprived and don't deal well with SH!T like this at 2 am and a full week of work. I am brain dead already.

I am worried about Ruger in all this. He is an escape artist. No, I don't cage him. Can someone please deliver me some XANAX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?- Too early to drink! LOLOLOLOLOL

My woe- right on track!

Lordy I need to get through this day- AMEN- lol

back at ya later gators.
  #869   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-24, 04:30

BF:

Lori, enjoy your trip and don't worry on Gabby. She is alone but inside and safe so she will be all over ya when you return
I also have alot of internet drops but currently they are working on 'upgrades' from physical cable lines to server maintenance and I believe that will happen, like forever, or til I move HAHA always something right.

Milo is bored inside the house. Oh well.....6:30am and got the boys playing inside with her after their tuna and burger meal.....in about an hr I will throw them outside and she will spend the day mostly sleeping inside and around 7-8pm the boys will come back inside for the night and entertain her.

I NEED ALL cats out of the house SOON. Boys could be out but doing this still for Milo's sake I guess? UGH who knows but once Milo leaves for college things gonna be changing here big time LOL

Kiddo said wrist is still weak and kinda sore but OK.....eh she is a lightweight tho HAHA but yea I asked and all ok so not worried on it.

Nicco, Maternal Unit....omgosh too funny literallly. Yea breath thru it and run to hide in your bedroom when ya need some down time or go out and hike a trail for some quiet. You got this

Grandkid is a cat.....ok, works for me. Ya know I dumped as much money on these kittens as I would my first grandbaby HAHA so yea.....

Interesting thoughts on buying a bigger vacay home. But I think ya went the right way. Older we get while bigger seems way better in the end everyone can easily make do and keep your expenses, work chore load etc. lower as ya get older Maintaining 2 homes can become a big chore too so don't overload yourself.

Jazz, super good your new job is doable and people are nice. alot of the battle.

yup, like everyone of us and you agree.....get the paycheck, bank up, run when the 26 wks is over and be happy doing just that.

beef is key for me too but I do very well on pork so those are my 2 keys in my life mostly.

ahhhh your bit of wine is fine. If we can't do carnivore a tad enjoyable to what suits us then.....heck it won't be sustainable. I booze up on my rum every now and then and ain't giving it up for sure But I seriously cut down on my drinking from old days but yea, some days, ya gotta have a good ol' drink...well I still do LOL

-------------I got my bedroom door shut and all I hear are 4 cats running full speed and bouncing off the walls literally outside my door. ugh. Now they are on my dining room table.....I haven't seen them on kitchen countertops so good there, but we don't even use the dining room table LOL so I am kinda ok with that issue but like I said a million times, I am counting down to Milo gone to Uni and boys are outside for good.

today is easy day. few chores. bit of this and that.
will be shutting down pool soon. weather colder at night and taking my good heat from the water, too chilly for me truly. Younger age I would be in that pool easily, now I run from it HA

making a 2 lb meatloaf and eat on it today. 2 lbs meat, 4 eggs, smoosh, bake, eat thru my day. so easy it's stupid great

be good all chat up later
  #870   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-24, 13:10

BF:

OMG Jaz!!!! What a nightmare! Just what you needed at 2AM when you were dead tired and needed to be ready for work early. I can't even imagine why on earth all this stuff happens to you!

I had a long, hot day on the golf course and now I'm trying to catch up with stuff online and guess what? Internet down again.....blinking red lights on the new modem. I could scream. Nothing compared to what you're going thru Jaz, but it still pisses me off.

I'm doing some laundry and have to get DH to pack his clothes so we can get outta dodge tomorrow morning around 10 or 11. I never should have signed up to play in the tournament today. Just too much.

Hope you got thru your day Jaz, and that Ruger is ok.