Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#826   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-24, 08:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all

Finally checking in. Ive logged in twice the past couple of days to do so and then I get interrupted and it's game over.

KBE are here and Rob got in this morning so the house is full through to Monday. Cooler but humid, nice breeze coming through. Yay! Final push for beach season and then it will be slowing down. I went to the beach the past two days though, between 12 and 1, and there was plenty of available parking at the state beach so things are slowing down (with the exception of the holiday weekend.)

There are three tribute bands playing at one of the beaches this weekend and I'm hoping to get to at least a couple of them: Van Halen, Elvis, and Jimmy Buffet.

Sounds like all is well with all of you. Jaz I'm glad you are there and settled. I'm interested in hearing about the CGM as well. I hope it isn't buggy!

Lori thanks for sharing pics of the porch. Very very pretty and oh so relaxing! I'd be out there a lot!

Trig glad you are getting some heat still since you love it so much. I am so curious as to what you and Chop will decide about your homestead vs moving somewhere coastal. Your DD is coming back this weekend I think?

Anyway, all is well here. I added in onion powder the past two days so today and tmrw I will add in garlic/ garlic powder and see how that is. Moseying along!
Sponsored Links
  #827   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-24, 09:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Nic- I take it you are back in DE/ Delmarva - BEACH time for sure! FOR SURE!!!!!
I totally forgot this weekend is Labor Day weekend. I will need to "find" something to do. I sure there is SOMETHING!
Cool you got the gang in! Beach it up for sure. I think Sept/ Oct is a perfect beach time! Well actually- ANYTIME! LOLOLOLOL

Glad it seems you are feeling better. Are you still having to take something or is that behind you?
Are you cooking for your tribe?

Trig- Yup girly get in the pool. Better temps are coming next week! I can't wait! LOLOLOL

I too am curious how you and the Chop are going to proceed with the beach life VS. farm life! That is such a fun thing to think about. Granted the process of downsizing and selling is a true PIA. However, better to do it while you are your young and able to do what you want in life.

Is kiddo coming home for the Holiday weekend?
What are you firing up on your grill this week?

Lori- I guess you hit the course early today! What are you doing for the holiday? I also LOVED the pic of your house. It is truly a home. So cozy and warm looking. I love the brick!
I too expected to see SIS on the swing! LOLOLOL
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully today is the last 98 degree day we have here! IT is just TOO much heat for me. 80's is ok, with low humidity. Just ready to be outside for longer than a few hours. It just gets sweltering from Noon- 5 in the afternoon.

I picked up that Ranch beef. I will be eating on it until I leave this hotel. My little electric skillet is working so perfect for me. Keeps me on track and I don't need to eat schlock. I think that is a Yiddish work for TRASH. LOLOLOL

I also have those farm eggs to bite into. Also Thursdays here they serve bacon for breakfast. Don't think I didn't cart a helping plate of bacon to my room for later! You know your girl surely did!

Going to hit up a library this afternoon and find some good reading for the next week. Been a red-hot minute since I read a book for pleasure.

Steak, bacon, eggs if wanted. Keeping on the eating plan that makes my gut happy.

I am breaking out my new crossover purse today! I love it. Dang, I couldn't walk away from that deal!

Okay ya'll have a wonderful day
  #828   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-24, 12:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

Yes, I headed out early this morning for the golf course. It was SO humid out there today and the bugs nearly ate us alive. I hate putting bug spray on, but we had to. I couldn't wait to get home and jump in the shower to get that crap off of me!

This weekend we have our last big tournament of the year. It is a 3 day tournament and I'm always exhausted by the time it's over. One year we had a day of rain and had to play 2 rounds in 1 day.....that was brutal. Taking tomorrow off to rest up for the weekend. Oh....and I get a massage tomorrow! Ahhh......

OMG.....I love Skechers and I know just what bag you're talking about Trig.....so handy for carrying stuff on your back and out of your way. There is an outlet near my sister and I love to hit it when I'm visiting her. Thanks for reminding me about the bag.....I have a couple of them and will be taking one along when I go cruising in November! I'm going to travel lite with 1 small carry on suitcase and a personal item that will fit under the seat. I don't want to mess around checking a bag.

Nic.....Enjoy the last few beach days of the year! I'm sure Labor Day weekend will be a crowded mess.

Jaz....When do you start your new job? I'm sure it's coming up quickly.

Well, I need to kick back and maybe take a nap before I have to get dinner for DH. I'm going to have a big salad. I'll find something for him.....he's not picky.

Later!
  #829   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-24, 03:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, wild ya got those Sketchers backpack bags too LOL I just loved getting it, made the purchase kinda feel a tad more special actually good customer service on that one from their company!! I have a few too and one I keep in the camper for when we do shorter hikes and I wanna tote along a few items but don't want to ever use my heavy real hiking backpack. Cool you will be using it in Nov for the cruise!

Wow I saw ya say 'big salad' and I instantly thought I haven't had an actual salad in over 6 yrs LOL crazy HAHA

Nicco, cool ya got a houseful this weekend and enjoy the beach as much as you can. HEY TODAY IS National Beach Day. It is meant for groups etc to clean up the beaches in force etc. Fun fact LOL

I think kiddo is coming home since it is Labor Day weekend but I have to confirm today with her. Her class day ends on Fridays like at noon so she could hit the road and come home fast today

Jazz, really good your little skillet is working well and you are eating great too.

OK....where are you right now? Are you actually in your new digs? Give me an update on ya LOL I am lost on it all don't take much for me anymore HA

----------planning easy peasy weekend here. not in the mood to do much or tackle alot. kinda what a brain dead, rum pool swim kinda weekend and just close off since weather gonna turn and I want to use pool as much as possible.

so not much doing here, but everyone have a fine fun weekend and be good
  #830   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-24, 07:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Just hanging out here doing laundry and puttering around. We had rain overnight and it's way cloudy, but humid again today. I have to look at the weekend weather to plan out my wardrobe for golf. Comfort will be the name of the game. This 10 lbs around my gut isn't budging, so I have to accommodate it with elastic waist shorts. It's actually not funny, but I can't seem to do what I need to do to get rid of it. I keep telling myself that I don't care....I'm happy and enjoying my life. The truth is, I DO care, but not enough to do the hard work. Now, where's my beer?

I'm getting a massage this afternoon and will pick up something for us for dinner. Again, don't care. DH said get a sub & pizza or whatever...he'll eat whatever I throw at him.

Happy Friday my friends!
  #831   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 04:08

BF:

Lori, I will join your Don't Care Club Where's my beer now?
Hand it over!!

We had big lightening and thunder and some wind but it was all around us but never hit us and darn we actually need rain now. Been long time dry and everything is dusty pollen so wanted a big hard rain to rinse life clean but have to wait still.

Hey Nicco and Jazz, check in

------------since I am a new member of Lori's Don't Care Club I am gonna take it to heart and apply that throughout my day

Hubby off to work in a bit and KIDDO IS NOT COMING HOME THIS WEEKEND. Weeee.....she got plans with her 2 friends and they are having fun so I know I easily saved like 200 this weekend not having to buy those crazy organic wild drinks she likes or those expensive organic snacks she likes. I tell ya those things are not low price range AT ALL, way to high price for what they are ya know. Adds up fast.

Anyway today is 88 and cloudy but gonna swim cause next days are lowering into hi 70s/low 80s with nights colder and that means my pool is gonna dive bomb into chillier water. So today pool for sure.

Cats are eating me outta tuna and home. Honestly the cash output on them is a friggn' mortgage per month LOL well at least it feels it Last night I had steak and cut up alot of very small chunks and tried them out on it. OMGosh they went ferocious. Kiddo's kitty Milo was growling over the steak and warning all others off, too funny.

So a few little chores but not doing much at all today. Again, easy weekend and loving it.

I ordered 2 rugs for back door and runner to match along sink area. EH, not a huge fan but got burgundy with a trellis print. We shall see when delivered if they are any good. If not will throw them in the back room and buy new ones HAHA At some point I gotta hit the buy button and just get it off my to do list Who knew just buying stuff needed is such a PIA.

No idea what to eat today. thinking have the Chop pick up some BBQ ribs from a place near his work. Get what he wants and I will nibble some ribs, not a fan of dry rubs much anymore but I will eat Taylor Ham, some cheese, some link sausages and heck that is almost enough thru my day even so a few kinda icky ribs will finish me off tonight. easy peasy, now I gotta get him to order it and pick it up LOL

off I go.....be good all
  #832   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 04:17

BF:

A quick Good Morning!

I have to get my butt moving as I need to be at the course around 7 for Day #1 of our 3 day tournament. DH is still in bed, which means I will be trying to get ready and he'll get up and need our only bathroom and I will be stomping around waiting for him to get outta my way! So it goes......

Will check in later!
  #833   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 08:26

BF:

Good Saturday Morning.

I slept in! OMG I thought I posted yesterday! Guess I didn't! LOL

Now I WANT A SKETCHERS BAG!!! LOLOLOL- I want one tooooooooooo.......... IT's a backpack? - oh yes I could use one! They weren't giving those out when I got my shoes! Love cool free stuff!

I wish I could join the "I don't care club, I am already in the "BOUNCE HOUSE CLUB". LOLOLOL- Wishing I could leave that one for the maintainers club! LOL

Lori- Good luck on your tourney this weekend! Keep up posted!

Trig- - Swim weekend sounds good. I still don't think the hot weather is over yet. I, however, am no longer in your weather pattern or even in your time zone. Booooo

Yes, holding strong to as long ZC as I can get. I am not into chicken or much port these days. I truly just crave beef. Stright up give me beef and I am good to go.

Nic- Hiya! IS the family all in DE now? How long is everyone staying? Your family is so cool the way you all hang together! LOVE it! Life goes so fast and then gets busy! LOVE IT UP!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

Update: In Tulsa. Staying in a Hilton Hotel until Tue when my furnished apt is ready. It is like a long term Airbnb for travelers.
I drove past it a couple days ago. It is OK. I wished it had more green space for Ruger. It is what it is, and it's temporary. It's very urban. It's near downtown. It has more concrete than grass. Not alot of windows.

I took that one because it's brick, and not a solo in the middle of nowhere house. I didn't want a house to upkeep. There wasn't alot of rental options in Tulsa.

BTW- I have been pronouncing Tulsa wrong my entire life! LOLOLOL
I have been calling it "TALSA instead of TULSA
I stand corrected! LOL

I am ready to get this show on the road and get back home.
As soon as I get what I need from a $$ perspective I am going to start looking for something else. IF I stay the entire 6 months I do. If I find it isn't working and I am good $$ I am coming home. There is not much to do here. There is shopping and places to eat and few cool bars. Bars get old and $$.

I was hoping I could have gotten into my apt sooner. But oh well. I am just tired of sitting in a hotel room with nothing to do.
I just sorta feel in limbo because I am right now. I have a few books from the library here and I have been binging The Lord of the Rings Movies! LOL IT has been years since I have seen them.
Ruger has become a hip appendage, and I guess he is feeling out of sorts too! This too shall pass.

Going to make a quick grocery run- Out of burgers and wine. LOL

Not much happening- Just waiting at this point, and keeping on.

Later gators.
  #834   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 10:32

BF:

Home from round #1.....what a train wreck. I played SO terribly. I always do in this 3 day tournament. I always swear I'll never sign up for it again, and yet I do. Sigh.....

Jaz.....I'm sure you're more than ready to get the job started and start banking some $$$. I hope it's a good assignment and that you can enjoy it.

Trig...Welcome to the "Don't Care Club" I think I'm going to go back to my alternate day high/low calorie days. That way I can have a couple days a week where I don't have to care as much. So sick of worrying about it. Nice that your DD is having a fun weekend with her friends.

Nic.....

I'm not really looking forward to playing golf the next 2 days. I just hope I can play better than today. Sheesh....what a mess. Oh well, at least I'm able to be out there trying.

We have storms coming this evening. Hoping they aren't too severe.
  #835   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 14:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Checking in. Having a DH day and it has been really nice so far. We went to a book sale (he got three paperbacks for a buck, I didn't get anything- I have plenty of books on my kindle to read and more coming from the library on hold) then we headed off to the beach. We stayed there about three hours. We had a meal out there (Jaz- we went to Delaware Seashore state park- the one at the Indian River bridge) and it was yum GREAT people watching and boat watching too. Then we came home and we're hanging out on the porch. We are going to a concert tonight at the Freeman that should be fun- a nationally traveled Buffett band with beach balls etc.

Hot here today but not horribly so and the cooler temps are on the way. The beach was very comfortable and slightly less so under the umbrella, especially when wet.

KBE are here until late Monday night. DH heads out tmrw afternoon. KBE should be okay traffic wise and I think DH might have regrets- we'll see!

Lori I hope your golfing goes better today than yesterday!

Trig- glad your DD decided to stay at college and give your wallet a break! BTW you are incredibly generous IMO- all my kids got, beyond their room and board (meal plan) a hundred dollars a month to spend- IF I remembered to deposit it lol Without a meal plan, an additional 200 or so for food each month. I was all about the budget! lol Again, that is what happens with three lol

Jaz I hope you like Tulsa. Take some time to get familiar. I bet there is plenty of fun stuff to do. Check out local theater and the like also, look around for library programs, book clubs etc. It will all come together!
  #836   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 15:58

BF:

Nic- I loved your post. You sound just so happy and all is well! That is the most we can ask for!

Yup I am good- just tired of being in a hotel! LOL

Enjoy the weekend ya'll!!!!!!!!
  #837   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-24, 18:47

BF:

Get a call from kiddo a bit ago.....

starts with......

Don't freak out but------------- She is in hospital, broke her left wrist rollerskating.

Xrays done but not read yet and she said she will call me when she gets back to the dorm about what Dr says and all. (edited: Xrays read, NOT BROKEN)

So happy I got fab med insurance LOL

ONE THING I SAID TO HER cause I knew she was rollerskating was NO broken bones and NO teeth knocked out.....she said her teeth are ok.....HAHA UGH

her roomie is with her so not alone and she is in good spirits so....will wait for further updates later when she calls me.

OK Chat up later on personals, right now my head is in the clouds

EDITED!!!!!! Xrays read by Dr. Not broken....weeee....but very bad sprain with swelling etc so they put her in a removeable splint. Will get more info later but I am very happy she got away so darn lucky on this one!!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Sep-01-24 at 02:23.
  #838   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-24, 02:37

BF:

Lori, what kinda jinx ya put on yourself with the 3 day tournament
you love it, I know you do HAHA
you know the high low kcal days control you very well cause it seems you function kinda ok on that so yea, adopt it back and see how ya do. I also am like you, I got like the last 10 I would love love love off me but I ain't willing to change anymore or 'diet' in any way for them. I don't care either. Hell at 62 for me to lose the lbs I did and holding it off so long has been a miracle, the last 10 can't come into play cause like you I am damn tired of it.

Nicco, so great you are having a good time at the beach. Plus it is nice when life just goes with the quiet flow ya know. Just moving along without drama or crazy enjoy it while you can!

Hope your concert is fun. beach balls, haven't thought of a beach balls in ages LOL just got into my head and now all I can see is the giant colored striped beach balls taking over

Yea I do cover kiddo with expenses alot but she is only 1 like ya said. If I had more kids I wouldn't ever be this loosey goosey with the wallet But luckily I kinda planned in this amt per month for her when doing expenses so I kinda got her college funds banked up alot already to cover it in the expenses ya know. I never banked college money for just tuition, I banked in every expense for living and Uni I could think of and her car expenses etc. so I kinda over banked for her college funds in a way. But I have to watch how I dole it out to her too cause hell she is blowing thru it faster than I thought HAHA

Next year, 3rd yr college, she is automatically booted off campus. She can't be a resident on campus in dorm so she must go rent a nearby apartment situation. I have no idea on costs per month for that nightmare to come....ugh

Jazz, LOL yea the bag they give ya when ya purchase sneakers at a Sketchers store is actually a backpack. I backpack'd my shoes I bought all around the rest of the mall, making hands free. Loved it. Hey they cheaped out on you HAHA

you are smart tho to be 'in the thick of things' and have neighbors etc when in a new place and be close to your work!! plus not permanent either, you got options still but your new digs sound ok.....sorry not alot of green space but have ya scoped out any parks or any areas you can walk Ruger?

We want some pics later next week of new digs

OK guys----simple day. Last hotter day, only 85 here and will swim because temps are to go by like 10 deg and nights def. cooler and pool will get colder so....swim today. Do nothing mostly.

Got up around 4am and already got the cats outside the house and left the garage light on for them. hey they are gonna stay outside anyway as adults, they might as well get used to it in the dark now My gosh 4 cats under foot is annoying, out of house is best for them and me HAHA

ok I got a nice Tbone steak first meal and just gonna finish day with a few cheeseburgers and done.

OH, happy kiddo only did a bad sprain and in removeable splint. Beats it being broken, so happy it is not. ugh.....but she is fine so over that bit of BS

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Sep-01-24 at 02:43.
  #839   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-24, 03:59

BF:

Good Morning!

We lucked out and didn't get the big storms that were predicted. We got just a little light rain...happy about that. I was so tired last night and frustrated with my game. I need to let it go and just see golf for what it is....a stupid game. All that being said, I do hope I play better today. I'm partnered with my regular partner(the B) today and she played even worse than I did yesterday....she'll probably be in a great mood. Yeah right! I may start drinking early!

I slept great last night thanks to the 2 AdvilPM I took. I wasn't taking any chances that I wouldn't sleep again....I had a bad night Friday night. I needed a good zonk out.

---------

Trig......OMG on that phone call from DD! The worst words a kid can say "Don't freak out......" Thank goodness it turned out ok and no broken bones. A sprain can hurt just as bad from what I've heard. Yeah, I'm going to try the UP day/Down day regime again. I just need to rein myself in a bit. My body has become comfortable at this weight and I need to shock it into losing again. Only 2 months till my southern Caribbean cruise...I'd rather not look like I have an inflatable ring around my waist!

Jaz....More exploring today?

Nic....How was the concert? It sounds like a good time!

---------

Well, I have about 45 minutes until I need to get ready. I'm going to make it a good day, no matter what the dang little ball does!
  #840   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-24, 05:45

BF:

Good Sunday Morning!

2 days until I get my temp apt. It will be nice not to be in a hotel. They have been great though for the most part. It is clean, and spacious for a hotel room with a small kitchenette.

Trig- OMG I was nervous to read past DON'T FREAK OUT......... Sorry, she got hurt- but glad nothing was broken! Sprains DO hurt though. Are you going to see her? Glad you have great insurance!
As a momma, you thought of everything for her Uni-wise! Way to roll on that!

Funny you are still with those baby kittens at your feet. Are they getting spayed? Next thing you know one of them will get cozy with the Tom Cat! LOLOL Can you fathom that??? LOL

I was able to snag up some good steak yesterday. It was a BOGO- I got 2 ribeye's waiting to fry up fast. One for today and one for tomorrow! Leftover hamburgers.
Lori- Heres to hopping you have a wonderful day in your game! Hopefully, your P will behave! LOL

Nic- Enjoying the family at the beach house?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I packed up a few bottles of water and the pup and we took a drive.
Pioneer Woman - has a store called the Mercantile in a tiny "town" about 1.5 hours from here. So I really wanted to see it.
Soooooooo traveling through the wide open YONDER of nothingness and oil and cattle farms.... I found the store. I do want to share about the trip there.

When I say nothing I mean nothing but oil and cattle farms for as far as the eye could see. No houses, no billboards, no exits, no gas- nothing....... for miles and miles. It was something to see. Then I actually drove through an abandon ghost town. It looked like a movie set straight out of Hollywood, except it was real.

The store- was a typical gift souvenir shop. I didn't see anything I needed. It was fun to get out and explore.

I picked up a couple steaks and a package of hamburgers to last me though when I leave the hotel. No more shopping for here.

It poured and poured last night. It dropped the temps a tad. Hopefully the humidity is down as well.
I start work a week from Monday. One week left. I am ready to get the show on the road. Get in, get it done, and get home. LOL

It would be totally cool to show up home at goal weight!!!!! YES!
That is my goal for here. To get to goal weight before I get home. It is time. I am in the right place for it. Beef country.

Ok- need more coffee. That requires me to get dressed and go downstairs to the lobby! LOL

Have a good one!