Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#796   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-24, 03:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Got up early, but I slept well. Needed to "go", so thought I'd just get up and get my day started. I had an ok day on the course yesterday. It was windy & chilly! Not much sun. Today will be cool again, but at least we'll have sunshine. That will make a big difference.

My back seems better after getting some movement in yesterday. At one point late in our round, I twisted around to get something out of the golf cart basket and I got a quick pain in my back....just a flash....and it's been better ever since! I think something must have been out of place and it clicked back in. Whatever, I'm just glad the nagging ache is feeling better. Still there a bit, but not as bad.

--------

Jaz.....I'm getting excited for you! I can't wait to hear about everything you see on your travels. Does Ruger do ok when you stop and go into a store or something? I've never traveled with a dog, so I wonder how he does when you can't take him inside with you. He must be used to it by now, I suppose.

Trig....I'm with you....not ready for summer to be over! NO!!!!!!!!! Although, I am getting anxious for my cruise in November. 10 days of just me to worry about. Ahhhh......

Nic....Glad things are humming along fine for you.

--------

Well, I think Gabby wants her 2nd breakfast and I need another cup of coffee. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
  #797   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-24, 05:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hey guys, quickie post.
off and running to grocery early this morning
nothing doing around here but I sure feel 'the cold' now coming at us and in August? In the South? just boggles my mind LOL but at least toward weekend we are in the 90s again so that is nice.

ok back later to chat up, be good
  #798   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-24, 08:04

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello checking in
Lori glad your back shifted back into place and the CGM is showing good results so far
Trig we have the chilly morning today here also- was 53 when I got up at 6:30. I love it although I will whine in the dead of winter just like I do at the peak of summer lol
Jaz I know you are buried with all you are doing

Life is fine here, rolling along which is a blessing in and of itself. Baby E is four months- I'll email a pic or two.
Eager to see her.

Hugs!
  #799   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-24, 15:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Yup- back tomorrow- i hit the ground running today.
  #800   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-24, 05:27

BF:

hey guys, everyone seems busy, I feel ya on it but it is nice we all are in a good place

Lori getting her med issues straightened out and feeling better
Jazz on the road to crazy adventures soon but has all of it under control
Nicco just enjoying life and YES pass us a pic for sure!
You seem better too, starting to feel better on the eats I hope.

quickie again. Today is National Burger Day so I am heading out to little store fast to get 3 lbs of my sirloin burger. Gonna eat 2 big cheeseburger patties for first meal, then make my mini 1 lb meatloaf for second meal, just add 2 eggs and mush and loaf it and bake----and making a 'regular carby crappy' 1 lb meatloaf for hubby to eat on too. So just 3 lbs of burger I need but damn I have to put on makeup, get dressed and wear a DAMN JACKET this morning it is so damn cold outside LOL and then come home and change into my real life, sweats HAHA alot of work for burger but I gotta seize the ZC day ya know

all good
this and that and stuff just doing.

GET THIS...gonna rant on kiddo's roommate mom.
she has limited wifi on her plan for her phone. My kid is unlimited. She can't use 'public wifi' to upload her 'brain scan data' from this recent seizure brain surgery procedure on public wifi cause the APP won't allow it. So she is relying on kiddo's wifi. Hey no issues but this has to go on for like 3 mos. of data and I told kiddo that her roomie NEEDS to get unlimited ya know. Kiddo can't be responsible to that level of her healthcare literally.

So chatted with kiddo last night. Said roomie's mom is 'teaching her responsibility' and won't upgrade to unlimited wifi cause of cost and this 'teaching responsibility BULLSH** so roomie then found a cafe on campus that has 'private wifi' for customers and she can upload her brain scan data there too....plus use my kid's wifi if needed.

BUT COME ON. What loser mom would not upgrade her kid in this medical situation? I wanna slap the pizz out of this woman truly!!!! OK THIS IS MY OPINION and this is me ranting over it HAHA OK I AM DONE......ugh the stupidity of some adults, if I can call them that even, if insane. Leave your medical troubled daughter to fend for herself after this brain procedure and now back in college thru it all and this is how you 'teach responsibility'......I find it cruel truly.

All she is teaching is her kid to mooch now. Cause I am sure being abandoned thru this med issue is like a great teaching opportunity right? COME ON........how hard is it to pay for 3 mos. of unlimited upgrade while SHE HAS to upload this data for for health issues. OMG DO NOT GET ME STARTED.

OK back into my HOLE I GO............whew..........if anyone disagrees with me, don't tell me HAHA cause I stand firm on this one LOL

ok let ya all go......back to my personal reality here
  #801   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-24, 11:03

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Trig- I was APPALLED by what I read in your post. I agree WHAT KIND OF MOTHER DOES THAT TO A KID WITH MEDICAL ISSUES? Holy crap what a moron. At least she found a spot to use some wifi. These days WIFI is not a luxury, it is part of life?!?!?!?

I don't get it. I so see where you are coming from. I hope the kiddo and her roommate can find a rhythm and have a great school year. It might do your kiddo well to know how to handle a seizure with her roommate if it were to happen, so she doesn't freak out.

Girllllllll......... I am having burgers tonight too! YAY on some good beef!

Meatloaf sounds good too!

Lori- you feeling better and playing your sport? You have some cold weather coming your way this weekend.

Nic- I love the email. I know you feel so blessed where you are right now in every way! So happy for you.
----------------------------------------------

I hit up the grocery to get some burgers for today and tomorrow as well! YUM!

I also did a quick run to my storage locker to find and grab my Air fryer. I use it more than anything else. I am just going to have to FIND room for it!! It's coming.

I am downloading the AAA Road travel app today. I joined to make sure if I have an issue on the road I have towing.

I am cleaning things up here and packing my car tomorrow. Packing for 6 months! 2 seasons! - Sighhhhhhhhhhh

Tying up loose end here and getting my "DUCKS IN A ROW"

T- Minus 1.5 days. Shipping off about 7 am Saturday Morning. I will drive to Memphis 6-7 hours, and spend the night somewhere there.
Then go from there and travel through Little Rock on to Tulsa another 6 hours.
2 Full Days of driving.

And so it begins.......................
  #802   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-24, 11:42

BF:

Good Afternoon!

No time to post this morning as I had to head to the golf course at 7:15. Home now and resting a bit before we go to a picnic being thrown by the company I used to work for. Nice for them to do something for retirees as well as current employees. They're having it at a winery....how bad could it be?

-------

Trig....Unbelievable that DD's roommate's Mom would not make sure her daughter has what she needs to keep track of a medical condition!! Teaching moment my a$$.....that is ridiculous. I'm glad she has found a solution for now and that your DD can help her out if/when needed.

Jaz......On the road again!! I hope you have a wonderful trip and that the job is perfect for you. I can't wait to hear all about what new adventures you're having!

Nic.....OMG those pics!! The cutest ever!

--------

Well, I have about an hour before I have to hit the shower and get ready for the picnic. They're planning to eat at 4:30, so it'll be an early night.
  #803   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-24, 04:18

BF:

Lori, at a winery and retired employees are welcome, not a bad company actually let us know how it went down but wonder if other drinks are available. I am SO NOT wine but we know Jazz would be in her glory. I don't remember you having a bead on wine as a fav? Sounds like a good time tho and hope their food is good too.

Jazz, on the road again hey girl you are an expert. 2 days is nothing for us travelers HAHA hope Ruger goes thru it alright tho. Traveling long with pets is a pain but he is an expert now too, lol, so go for it. Sat is coming fast!! Can't wait to hear all the cool adventure coming your way.

Nicco, yea I will answer your email here. I am glad you like how I worded my thoughts about your grandkiddo She is so damn adorable truly. But I am glad ya think like me truly cause I think that from day 1 and their environment etc plays such an important part on how they develop and your little cutie in those pics is showing just such positive vibrancy and a bit of adorable character that one can't miss that. Happy all is going so well for your grandkiddo.

-----------ok guys, another day, for me not earning another dollar but spending another 100---HA HA

nothing much doing but these cold mornings are horrifying. took kittens outside to feed them their morning tuna with momma cat and I almost froze my azz off. WTH?

today is simple day. pork belly and chicken. Doing some chores thru the day I NEED to tackle.

So last night I go to check the AC cause I swear it was freezing in here and see that kiddo's bathroom door is shut. I never shut her bathroom door and think, ok, kitten in there LOL So I push open the door and BB gray was stuck inside. Of course on the floor is kiddo's razor and a few other bottles of stuff and think, damn that is all I need, a paw cut up with razorblades but luckily no blood around. They play one cat on each side of the door and paw under it and yup, one pushed the door closed just enough to get trapped. ugh......I thought it was funny but I don't know how long trapped in there, his face wasn't happy when he came out HAHA

ok glad you all think roomie's mom is a loser too..... honestly if she wasn't on her mom's phone bill and was alone on her own bill I would give her the damn money to upgrade. But I can't do it with her and her mom's phones combined. I mean 3 mos. of upgraded wifi and even if she had to commit to a yr of upgrade, HOW much could it truly be? OH WELL.....ok forget that now, I vented, time to move on.

be good all, off to get the day rolling
  #804   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-24, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

A day off from the golf course to just putter around. I have laundry to do and then I have an interior paint/wallpaper contractor coming to have a look at the last remaining room that needs attention. My Exercise room. It has peeling paint on doors and door frames and old, old ugly wallpaper that needs to go. It was my MIL's bedroom. She has been gone nearly 20 years...time to refresh that mess. DH is like.....I could do it this winter.....I said, "Yea, no. I want it done right......no offense."

The work get together last night was nice. The winery also has beer....that was the route I took. The food was pretty good. I had a pile of steamed shrimp...nice big ones, and a little bit of some side dishes. Nice to see some of my old friends, but so many new ones that I don't know.

--------

Jaz....I suppose you're a bundle of nerves as you get ready to hit the road. Exciting and scary at the same time.

Trig.....OMG.....cat trapped in the bathroom! One time when Gabby was young, she got into my walk-in closet and I didn't see her and I shut the door. I remember when I came home for lunch, I wondered where she was. Something made me look in that closet.....OMG....she had freaked out and must have climbed the walls as she had the shelving in the closet totally emptied of shoe boxes and whatever else I had stacked there. No messes other than stuff strewn all over. Bless her.....she came flying out of there when I opened the door!

Nic.....Hope you have a great weekend!

--------

Time to get the washer spinning. Have good days!
  #805   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-24, 14:59

BF:

Hey all late post I know.......

I have packed and repacked the car 3 times. I figured out how to get IT ALL IN!!!!! 6 months' worth of clothes, work outfits, shoes, summer clothes, winter clothes, and everything in between. Add pj's, socks, beauty, hair products, dog stuff, electronics, and and and and- ......... The car will be heavy.
Even taking my air fryer.

Lori- NO wine at a winery????? Yes, I would have been a happy clam!!!!!
But I love you got some steamed shrimp! It doesn't get better!
Which company was this?

Trig- - So any new RV adventures on your docket?!?!?!?- FALL is a great time for RV, Bonfires, crunching leaves, and beach walks! Any thoughts what your NEXT looks like? Is the Chop open to chatting it up again? I think around a cozy campfire would do the trick! WINK!!!!

OMG trapping those cats inside! They didn't MEOW????? LOLOL

I am so MEAT heavy right now and feel amazing!

Nic- How is your weekend shaping up?
---------------------------------------------------------

Well I am as packed as I can be. I put the car in the garage so I could prepack and not worry about it. I will jump in tomorrow and toss my "overnight" bag in and take off early.

My mom and her husband will be returning tomorrow, and I want to be out of their hair!!!! Leaving here early.

I am still deciding if I want to go straight to Tulsa. My apt is not going to be ready until the 3rd. That is 10 days to find somewhere to land for a minute. The issue is should I go there and explore. Or detour somewhere fun. Thing is I just don't want to ADD more car time.
It is a 2 day drive from here.
I just know I won't be here.

I have "rebooted"/reset- my WOE to really tighten it up. Zero Dairy. Truly just beef, eggs, butter, coffee, and a "lite" wine here and there.
I can tell a huge difference. Kicked dairy to curb. So inflammatory. I also have cut most sauces except mustard.

Travel food for tomorrow in a cooler: 4 smash burger patties just salt seasoning, bacon, zero sugar Jerky, case of water. No need to stop anywhere for food.

It is triple digits in OK and TX right now. I might stay an extra day in Memphis.
I am also wanting to see Pioneer Woman lodge. There is also an aquarium in Tulsa.

I am free for a few day........... LOLOL - keep ya posted.
  #806   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-24, 04:23

BF:

Lori, I would take the beer route also LOL Wine gives me massive headache fast. Your event sounded nice but nice to be over too right lol......omg on Gabby, came flying out!!! So ya traumatized your kitten too HAHAHA too funny. When I got them in the house I have to constantly walk with my head down cause I end up stepping one one or 2 or end up kicking one and sliding it across the floor Darn things are quiet, get around my legs and heck ya don't even know they are there. Feeding tuna time is a friggin' zoo!! I hold up 2 paper plates of tuna and I can't walk but an inch at a time with 4 kittens meowing like lions at my feet.......PIA but cute as hell HA

SO you got another room to refresh!! You are so lucky you and Nicco both got your homes ahead of the times and getting some stuff handled. I am like SO behind on any updates. Still not sure which way to go yet but when I know I will go all in or walk away eh time will tell.

You had me cracking up on your DH saying he could do your exercise room. I would do the same as you with the Chop cause he is NOW known for not completing projects. I think he got lazy like me LOL Hire a contractor and ya know the work will get done well and faster!!

Jazz, BE SAFE, GOOD TRAVELS
sounds like you are ready to roll as only you can do you got alot of experience but just chill out, ya got time, relax, sing with the radio along the way. You got this and can't wait for email pics from ya later.

Hope Ruger does well on the road too.

Smash burgers....lol....Chop loves them too

Nicco, what's doing? need a check in from ya

------------today is simple easy. Chop off to work in a bit. Get him outta my hair. Cats ALL outside and out of my hair. Got steak defrosting for later and putting a big azz whole roaster chicken in oven for tonight's dinner time. All food covered.

running to little store up road in a bit. Need tuna and cat litter. COME ON LOL but I made the cats a burger. Nuked a burger patty a bit but still kept it more raw then overcooked and smooshed it up....all cats like it and BB ate the hell out of it growling at others to stay away from the plate LOL others did ok on it, ate some but I think they prefer tuna. Getting to know preferences of 4 kittens is hard work

yes they are gonna be outdoor cats etc. but when I own and take responsibility for a pet, yea I go all in so it will be tuna and burger and IAMS cat chow left out at all times for my cat herd. Momma cat is scary tho. Being spayed and not having those cat hormones etc and no tom cats around she is getting BIG and she got big azz muscles. She is scary when her 'kitty play' kicks in and she eyes me to 'play' and I am like hell no, I ain't getting near those claws. She got a set of fangs on her too....wee...She barrels over the kittens at high speed and knocks them around all in play but damn, they eye her and run for their lives HAHA I tell ya she now looks like a small black panther truly.

ok cat report over. I can only talk so much cat HAHA

so simple day but mornings are freezing here. kills hotter pool water. I tell ya Aug is too damn cold, WTH??? ok just gonna chill easy thru day and it is what it is for doing chores and stuff.

be good all
  #807   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-24, 14:37

BF:

HI from half way there!
Ga- Alabama- Mississippi- to here in Memphis Tenn.

WHO KNEW Alabama was SO SO SO Beautiful?!?!?! Rolling hilling and looks like the foothills of the mountains. STUNNING beautiful.

The word though is DESOLATE...... miles and miles and miles of just tress and nothingness.
Trust me I had the music turned up and rocked it the entire way
here.

I have arrived in North East Memphis- the safest section. I am in a pretty decent room. I packed my 4 burger patties, some bacon, mustard, and a few pickles. I ate like it was my last dinner. DAM I was STARVING.

Feel great now. I am kicking back with a light wine and propping up feet. 7.5 hour drive. I am whipped. Lost an hour. I am now in Central Time zone.

Tomorrow I cross the Mississippi Rive and head to Arkansas. Today I was in 4 states: GA, AL, MS, TN- So very cool!
I missed the exit to go to BUCKEES!!!!!!!_ DAM! LOLOLOL

Trig- OMG you and those kitties!!!!!! You crack me up!

HI/ Lori/ Nic!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will be better about pictures!!!!! LOLOLOL

My hotel shares a driveway with Hooters, Longhorn, and Burger King. Thankfully I ate from my lunch bag!!!!!! I also brought butter, bacon, and my salt! I am serious about all this.

Feel great, but tired. - Fun Journey we are on. I am actually getting excited about this. Something I have never done before.

From Memphis!!!!!!!!
  #808   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-24, 16:38

BF:

Good Evening!

Jaz.....So glad you checked in! Long day for you. You put some miles on today!

The company picnic was the company I retired from. I gave them 31 1/2 years, they can throw a picnic once in a while!

Trig.....OMG....cats under your feet. I know it well. I have learned to just shuffle around the kitchen as Gabby will just flop down and I have fallen over her or stepped on her more than once.

Nic....

----------------

We had our last Couple's tournament of the year today. Me and my little partner. 85 years old, 5 feet tall and blind in one eye. Bless him....he played so well that we won 1st place in the net(they pay gross & net) category. Anyway, we each won $30!! Woohoo! My partner told me that I might want to think about a new partner for next year as his "good" eye is starting to fail. I feel so bad for him. It has something to do with the optic nerve. In his bad eye, he only has a little peripheral vision. He said if the same thing happens in his good eye, he'll be spending his days in his recliner.

Tomorrow I'll be playing with my regular partner and 2 other ladies. Supposed to be a beautiful day, just like today.

6:30 and I'm ready for bed.
  #809   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-24, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning from Memphis!

Lori- Awhhhhh that is so sad about your little older P and his eyesight. I know he has got to feel sad. It sucks when "we" feel great yet our bodies fail us! URGHHHHHHH
Happy though you both won! YAY

Hopefully, your regular P will be in a good mood today.
Awesome on a beautiful day. I am heading straight into triple-digit heat. I can't fathom heat like that!!!! I don't do weather extremes anymore.

Trig- Could you handle 110 indexes 117 in the shade? Now that is some summertime heat! OMG!

How are things on the Farm? Any more thoughts on the remodel?

Nic- Hey there! Are you Grammy? What are you going to be called? Love where you are in life. It only gets better and better! Wait till she asks for snuggles. It is heart melting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not only am I headed into extreme heat, I am headed to cattle (BEEF) country! Round of applause for that!
When I moved southeast I had to adjust to everything fried. Now I will be in "God's Country" with cattle and all things beef! No Vegans here!!!!!!

I got a room in a poshy hotel until my apt comes available on the 3nd. It might be open sooner- hence I will be there and getting a feel of the land.
I was super happy, I called the hotel to cut a deal in pricing. They gave me the corporate pricing for the hospital I will be working at! SWEET. Plus they said: "You are coming to help us- we can make you a deal. No extra charge for your pooch either".
Soooooooo nice.

I am sipping coffee- and will be hitting the road no later than 7! I am still on EST time zone. That is 8 MY time! I was asleep by 830 last night- 930 MY time. So confusing.

Ok well- I guess I should put on a clean shirt, and hit the road! LOLOL. Looking forward to some extra pool time. I brought a swimsuit!

See ya on the other side!

Oh yea- I will be getting settled and venture out to get food. I can't wait to update.

have a grand day!
  #810   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-24, 11:42

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Home from golf, showered and collapsed in my recliner. Golf went ok, nothing special, but it was a beautiful day.

--------

Jaz....I'm so excited for you! How nice that you have a swanky hotel to spend some time before you settle into your new digs. How is Ruger doing with the travel? I suppose he's used to it by now!

Trig & Nic.... What's up?

--------

Not much going on this evening. Easy dinner and bed....get up tomorrow and do it again. After golf tomorrow I have a chiro appt, and then my pet sitter is stopping by for instructions for the couple days we will be away in September. Busy day!