Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 21:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/167.5/150
BF:FAT
Progress: 58%

Hi ladies,

pre3teach
I'm not good at the lb thingy, but I think this is right:

was(a week ago) 87kg =191.8lb's
last time I jumped on the scales (wednesday) 83kg = 183lb
and my goal weight (for the time being) 68kg = 149lb

I've tried a lot of diets, the last being, the soup diet in which you can lose upto 7kg/15lb in 7 days, but I put it all back on again plus some . and I was always hungry. I'm finding LC GREAT and I'm never hungry. I also feel sooo much better within myself.

I don't plan on jumping on the scales till the end of induction (next wednesday)

Hound A size six jean, I can only wish, mine still have a 1 infront of that. I wonder what that is in aust. size does anyone know

Sue
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 21:52

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Nothing wrong with a goal like that if you are enjoying the ride getting there right? I am 38. I really believe that I can get down by 20. I was wearing form fitting clothes all last year (until Oct)

You know I have readi in the CAD book NOT to weigh yourself everyday but write it down and look at the average rather than worry about the day to day...
I had noticed my weight had gone up once and figured out it was the dill pickles I was eating. The book says something like that, can add a pound or two overnight!

assiesue You can do it!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 07:51

Plan: Atkins pre-maintenance
Stats: 206/164/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 69%

Mornin', Babes.

The Land's End catalog came yesterday (it does more for me than Victoria's Secret... sorry ) and I found a tankini that I would like to have. And I'd like to have it in a regular size, NOT in an X size. So... there's my goal.

Ann at Howcross Castle
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 08:37

Plan: protein power, Atkins
Stats: 275/254/175 Female 70 inches
BF:53/41/21
Progress: 21%
Default TGIF

Morning Bikini babes. Finally Friday! But what a good Friday!!! I'm done 5 pounds. I will update my stats later. yeah!! ok so only 15 more of my 20 extra I gained over the holiday & then I can really get down to buisness. My sister is getting married on an Alaskan Cruise in September. That leaves me 8 months to get to goal. 65 more lbs total. That's 2 lbs a week. That's a safe rate right? Don't they say 1-2 lbs a week is safe?? If not at goal by then will be pretty darn close. I know this WOL works. The thing is you got to stick with it. I of all people learned that the hard way! As I said before no use crying over eaten chocolate. Onward & downward!!

Victorias Secret is having thier annual sale right now! Oh so tempting to get in there...... But I have trouble getting matching panties big enough for my bottom. I am like you sunshine2 they HAVE TO match. Oh well another couple 10-20 pounds & I'll be back in there.

Take care babes & stay strong!
Messy
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 08:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 133.5/124/118
BF:
Progress: 61%

Jkrohn. congrats on the 5lb loss!! Woooosh - don't it feel great?!

I think 1-2lbs/week is a pretty reasonable goal!!

Do you guys keep fitday journals? I just started mine a few days ago (and was kinda naughty yesterday), and have visited a few other people's and you know what - I think I'm eating too much if you guys are putting everything you have down there! I'm eating 3 solid meals/day that include protein, usually one snack, and trying to keep the carbs to right around 30ish.

Maybe this is why I've plateaued??? I thought maybe it was because of my diet pop experiment, which also brought back cravings . . .
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 08:50

Stats: 198/183/165
BF:
Progress: 45%

Gosh now I am torn. I love Victoria Secrets (thats my sex kitten side coming out, oops said to much, LOL ) but for everyday wear I love, love, LOVE Lands End. They have clothes for TALL people like me (6'1") that actually need to be hemmed.
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:00

BF:

MKGretchen - no reason to be torn!! You wear Vickie's next to your skin, but put a sensible Land's End cover over it all!

Being a dedicated internet shopper, Land's End is great because their sizes are so reliable! Their virtual model is kinda fun too.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:03

Default Eating too much??

Hey Hound thanks for the congrats. I took a peak at your fit day journal & you're right yesterday was a little high but I think you're doing great. All I see that I would stay away from is Corn. That is more of a starch then a vegitable. The rest of your menu I think is great. I am like you. 3 full meals a day with an afternoon snack keeping the carbs right around 30. If you're stalling you might want to watch the whip cream. The sweet taste can sometimes trick the body into thinking you're really cheating even whe you're not.

MKGretchen... Does Lands end have nice lingerie for girls with big bottoms??? I've never shopped them before. Do tell do tell

Messy
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:11

BF:

No just active wear. That is why I am torn between the two. I will just have to read both more often.

Hound~ I have 2 identical LE taupe skirts (sizes 16 and 14) that I love. I am working my way back into the 14. I will need to get a smaller one if they still have them.

I hope hubby will give the credit card when I reach my goal. Or he will be hearing a crying wife say "I have nothing to wear"
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:19
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaela
How many girls are on this thread?

Who is doing BFL?

Well to answer your first question, here is a list of members so far by their sign on name - hope I didn't leave anyone out:

Sunshine (me)
Jo-Ann
TriciaW
Rhubarb
pre3teach
lukenlarry
Howcross
Wilow
Mnokat
pbach
JKrohn
assiesue
yesican
mkgretchen
hound
pinkcaddy
and now you (Kaela)

17 total bikini babes!

your second question, there are a few doing the BFL here in the thread, I am on day 5 today. I am actually doing a modified BFL, I exercise in the afternoon versus the morning.

Welcome to our thread!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:24
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Messy - Yay for you 5 lbs gone forever!!!!! That is so wonderful. I stepped on the scales this morning and it showed I was down 2.5 pounds, but I am not going to change my stats until Monday. since Monday is my official weigh in day, I am trying to stay off the scales until then, but I couldn't resist this morning and stepped on them.

Wow, we are all doing great, that bikini/tankini,vics or whatever brings out the sex kitten as Gretchen says - is right around the corner, I can feel it.

You all have a great day and remember:

Think Bikini,

Tonya
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:29

BF:

Thanks for taking the time to look at my fitday, jkrohn - I was getting a little worried there!

I haven't had corn since I started the diet (didn't miss it & in all honesty didn't really enjoy it that much), but the girls at the office made me a special dinner yesterday for my bday, trying their best to fit my new diet. They chose salad fixings & vegetable beef soup. I picked the potatoes & carrots out of the soup, but the corn was just too much work.

You would lose the whipping cream, but not necessarily the fruit?? I was thinking (among other things) that fruit might be the culprit, but haven't been able to convince myself to give it up. Is that a bad sign??

Also, if you guys will bear with a newbie, I've read a couple references on this board to yogurt, and how the fermenting process actually digests the sugar so the carb content is lower than what the label reflects. Is that right? I bought a small container of plain (no sugar added) yogurt last night, and see that one cup has 17g carbs. That seems like a lot, even though I'd only eat 1/2 cup. How many carbs would I count of those? I was thinking about drizzling some melted coconut butter over the top of it - I'm having a tough time getting that stuff down as a supplement.

MKGretchen, is the skirt you're referring to a long calf-length one? I'm thinking very seriously about getting one like that to wear with tall boots. What do you guys think about knee-high stockings with an above-the-knee skirt? I saw someone wearing that the other day & thought it was terribly cute (if I would ever firm up). Is that in fashion? I have no idea.

So, for you married babes - how are your husband's reacting to your losing weight? Mine hasn't said much. All he ever says is "your pants look like they're about to fall off you". I was about ready to kill him the other day when I was standing in the checkout line with a new pair of pants. I held them up to show him, and he said (quite loudly) "You think you're going to get into THEM?"

If I ever have sons, I shall counsel them that this is NOT something you do.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:33

BF:

Hound~ yes that is the skirt. It looks great with knee high boots. I just need to get a new pair of boots, I can't find the one of the boots.

As for knee high socks, humm its cute but not on me I have ugly knees, LOL
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:37

Default Whipping Cream

Hound I wouldn't emiminate the whip cream totally. Just leave it for a REAL special treat. The fruit I saw stays we could all use the fiber from berries. But I would stick just to berries. Stawberries, Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, you get my drift. They have the least carbs. Again play with it a little. Subtrac the whip cream & see how it goes for awhile if your still at a stall cut down (not out) the fruit & see how that goes. Every body is different yours might react different than mine. Just customize your program to your needs.

I second the yogurt question!! I love the stuff but avoid it all together as I can't find one lc enough to enjoy. Enev the plain no sugar still has a lot I think. Anyone find some LC yogurt???

As a married gal my hubby is good & bad. He is great with the eating even when he cooks he will make sure it is on the plan. But the treats! He's terrible always wants cookie or ice cream. He is good about making sure he buys a flavor of ice cream I don't like so I won't be tempted but the cookies.... He asks me to bake them & that's just torture!! I LOVE to bake & with my new oven I love it even more..... Hard to say no.

Messy
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 10:00

BF:

MKGretchen - so the boot stealer has been to your house too??? At least I usually know where my shoes end up - one of the hounds sneaks it outside in the flurry of 3 dogs rushing to get out there, so I eventually find it half buried somewhere. Dern dogs. At least it's a good excuse to buy more shoes though.

JKrohn - I sympathize on the baking. I enjoy it every once in a while too - although it's tough taking warm choc chip cookies out of the oven and not grabbing a glass of milk to wash them down with!!

All this talk of mini-goals has me thinking that perhaps I should set one. Some reward for exercising daily perhaps . . . it was tough getting up this morning at 5:45 for my hike through the woods. It's cold out (teens), dark (have to wear a headlamp to see where I'm going), and icy/snowy. I can't wait for summer!!

OK, maybe mini-goal: if I hike 6 times/week for 20min/day until 3/1, I'll reward myself with that skirt that MKGretchen has & I've been looking at!