Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 14:12
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravens
So, do you ever go off this way of eating for holidays or whatever, I posted a new thread about holidays.
Gosh, I hope not!! What kind of Christmas present would that be to give myself?!? Blood sugar crashes, bloatedness, flatulence, fatigue, headaches, weight gain.... no thanks!! Just pass the ham and turkey, please!!

Quote:
You walk through the supermarket by rote, filling your cart with cream, cheese, bacon, poultry, fish and meat, and Splenda. You feel like a robot, as it is all automatic.
I've decided to just shop at Sam's Club from now on.... I eat relatively few things, but lots of it....it's working out well! Besides, it's a lot cheaper. For example: 100 packets/Splenda = $4.29 at the grocery store. At Sam's you get 700 packets for $11.00.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 14:43

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default No...

I eat all the turkey and ham I want and the veggies in the correct amounts, mainly green beans with garlic and lots of butter... steaming hot. Did I mention green beans? I just love them.

No Holiday eating is OK, I'm approaching the second year and I pass all the wrong foods at work every Friday and I frankly don't expect any problems.

My job ends tommorrow and if I don't get another one quickly holiday eating will be less than I'm accustomed to. HE is in control. I'm now supposed to do something else.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/148/128
BF:
Progress: 66%

I bought 700 packets of Splenda at BJ's, and then put them all in two containers out of the way. Now I cannot find them. 700 packets, and I can't find them.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 15:52

BF:
Default Funny Lady.

Wet you finger and point! LOL I thought I was the only person who did things like that. Ha!

I purchased the famous "MegaMemory" course and when it came I put it in a safe place while we had some work done to the house... now, two years later, I can't remember where I put it... see.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Default Too many opinions

You know you're a LCer when you've read so many LC books that you can't remember who said what and you do your own thing and call it good. Diane
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 10:58

Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

You know you're a low carber when you order a cheeseburger and tell them to hold the bun, no fries, green salad with blue cheese dressing and your husband covers his face and turns red from embarrassment and you begin to explain the benefits of low carb to the waitress while hubby orders burger with bun, french fries and coke.
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 14:21
Registered Member

BF:

#68   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 14:42

BF:
Default Burgers...

We are so lucky here in Southern California... We have a wonderful hamburger restraunt called "In & Out" they have a very simple menu and everything is fresh and the meat has never been frozen. I order a... "Double-Double with Raw Onion. X-Tra Cheese... Protein Style. "

"Protein Style" is a Double Burger with all the goodies but wrapped in lettuce leaf, no really and it's better than any burger you've ever had. Yes, really and it is only $3.09

It's worth a trip to California, don't bother with the weather, it "In & Out" that make it worth while. I eat there at least 2X a week and I'm pushing a 138+ pounds lost, this is a way of eating at it's best.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 15:21
Registered Member

BF:

I have heard this place mentioned by a woman on another lowcarb site I belong to. Well, next time I'm in CA, hope it's still there, cause I know I'll be on this woe forever.
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:04

BF:
Default Oh yes...

Not to worry... In & Out is the fastest growing family owned business in California. hey are going to be in business for a very long time. Matter of fact, I heading on over now for a fast lunch withmy son.

It is really just that good, this is my third time this week.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:53
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default You Know When You're A LCer When...

...you're about to fry some eggs in butter, but more butter ends up in your mouth than on the pan.

(I am now an *official* LCer, because I think a hunk of butter is a perfectly good snack. When I first came to this site, I thought that was utterly bizarre.)

...you put your dog on a low-carb diet.

(I actually did this, though I wasn't LCing at the time. It's known as the barf (bones and raw food) diet. The best thing you can do for your dog. )
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 07:44

Plan: Radiant health
Stats: 210/168/150
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have caught myself hijacking shoppers at my local stores
who are filling up on "low-fat2 goodies cos they are on a diet!
Some even put the stuff back !

JD
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 08:13
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Default Religious ferver

Nobody likes me anymore. I fell like I've found a great new religion and I want to share it with everyone. I read every LC book I can find and I'm in the middle of "Sugar Blues" which is older than dirt. I just cringe when I see what my loved ones are stuffing in their mouths. YUKKO. It is really hard to keep my mouth shut. Oh well, nobody is going to eat that garbage food at my house again.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 04:27
Registered Member

Stats: 158.2/136/121.8
BF:
Progress: 61%

When you think of a meal as not finished until you've had a tablespoon or two of Lecithin (well, that's how it is in our house!)

And yes, I also drink flaxseed oil in order to get the ratios correct AND eat butter when making an omlette AND spend ages reading labels in the supermarket AND visit Fitday.com at least three times a day.....

Cheers
Lynne
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 11:26
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

When you are sitting there dipping your pork rinds (and actually eating them) into a wonderful fat laden, calorie laden, mouth watering artichoke dip and not feeling the least bit guilty.
asugar