Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: How Many Times Have You Fallen Off The Wagon?
A Real DieHard Will Power Here! Never Fallen Off! 66 29.73%
I've slipped a few! But now I'm sticking to it! 1-3 76 34.23%
I'm running beside the wagon hoping to catch up someday! 4-10 35 15.77%
Heck, I've fallen off so many times I lost count! 45 20.27%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

#61   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 13:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 317/252/175 Male 70in
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm really kind of surprised that I haven't fallen off. But the longer I stay focused, it seems the easier it gets. On occasion I have been guilty of passing my "satisfied" mark when chomping on a steak, or eating sugar free jello out of the bowl; but all in all, I sense an attitude similar to the one that I finally arrived at when I gave up smoking for the one hundreth and last time. That was 11 years ago and I've never looked back except in thanks. I look forward to the day I can say the same about my weight...
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 13:53
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

What does falling off the wagon really mean? Do you mean a single pizza blitz or consecutive nights/weeks of pizza?

I didn't cheat during Induction, I haven't eaten sugar and flour in almost 6 weeks, and I am losing a consistent 2 pounds a week.

But I sometimes overeat veggies or nuts. I ate a banana with peanut butter Saturday before climbing a mountain. And once in a while I drink a low carb beer or (GASP!) milk.

It's not 100% Atkins, but I'm losing weight and I feel this is something I can live with. That is, I don't feel deprived.

So I'm not sure how to vote.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 14:11
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I went my first year with only falling off 2x... and then recently i've been eating little bits of this and that almost constantly.. and it's frustrating... but yes.. count me in as .. running besides the wagon.. maybe i could lose weight this way?
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 11:26
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

My definition of "falling off the wagon" may differ from most. In my opinion, making a conscious decision to have a piece of this or a serving of that does not constitute falling off the wagon. If I make the decision to try something, it may constitute a "cheat", but as long as I go right back to plan later that day or the following morning, I don't feel I've fallen off the wagon. Now, if I would choose to go on carb-overload for several days, weeks or even months, I'd definiately consider that falling off the wagon.

So for me, I've never fallen off the wagon, but I've definately cheated (and enjoyed it) now and then.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 11:36

Stats: 175.5/147.5/122 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 52%

I have not fallen off the wagon..... yet! Friday will make 8 weeks and I have remained in induction the entire time. I hope to continue at least another month ~Marci
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 15:04

Stats: 172.0/166/145 Female 5 feet 3inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

If by "falling off the wagon" , you mean, just fell off and the
wagon went on w/o me, none.

If you mean, did I jump off for a meal, or a weekend, and then
jump right back on, about once a month this summer.
I think it stalled me, but now that things have calmed down
I've lost a couple of pounds this last week.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 18:05
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

There are lots of reasons I haven't had success with LC so far.

The first time I fell off, I just wasn't convinced it was the right thing to do. It seemed like every time I turned on the TV I heard a conflicting news report. I started last spring and it seemed like there was something on the news, in the paper or in a magazine about Atkins everyday. One day it was OK to do Atkins and the next day it was dangerous. It was all so confusing.

I fell off and tried several other things and they didn't work.

Then I tried Atkins again and we put our house up for sale and during the process of moving I just let it all go.

Now I am really trying to stay focused.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 19:33

Stats: 245/195/175 Female 5' 8"
BF:stillhangingaround
Progress: 71%

I pick myself up, dust myself off and start right over again!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 07:58

Stats: 333.4/310.2/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 11%

I`ve had a few false starts at this WOL but I know it is the life for me.

I haven`t fallen this time around (has only been a few weeks back)... but I like to think I now have a handle on it.

Now it`s just a matter of working how how much of things I can have before it stalls me (like maybe over eating cheese etc...).
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 08:00
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

In the last 20 monthes I have fallen off 3 times, and paid dearly each time. First was last year at Christmas, then when my mom was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks later, then this year for 3 weeks of summer holidays.

And here's something to note...my mom gets diagnosed with cancer and I cave and dive into the cookie bag for 3 or 4 days. I felt like crap, sick and sluggish from all the junk in fact I was so out of whack that I felt like I was fighting to support my mom. The brain fog and lethargy were back with a vengence. Everything was so out of control. So I kicked myself hard in the arse and got back on program, best descision ever. Not only was I dealing with devastating news of my mom but the guilt of the cheat.....I could not control the cancer but I could control my eating...that is how I survived 6 very hard monthes.
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%

After 3 weeks on Induction and I didn't even loose that much..I went to visit a friend this week and there was nothing LC in the house, we had chicken for dinner but not enough as I was starving so I had the RICE and WHITE BREAD for breakfast the following morning. I still can't believe it. guess i have fallen but I have picked myself up again!!!!