Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 00:16
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default What a Thrill

Good Morning from London -- what a thrill to wake up and read all these enthusiastic posts -- sounds as if DAY 1 has been pretty great for everyone -- and me included! I had a most amazing dinner of lemon sole on a bed of cauliflower puree -- oh, heavenly-- but the best bit was, for the first time in ages and ages I didn't feel anxious and worried about the food -- it is very comforting (in a way) to know exactly what I can and can't eat....

Congrats to everyone who got through yesterday -- and now, on to DAY 2!!!

How do we get the rabbit logo to be part of our signatures?

Ruby J.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 00:34
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Good morning??? That's so funny, since I've never left the continental USA. I haven't even gone to bed yet on the 1st and you're already awake for the 2nd.

Yeah? How do we get that as or logo..

And how can I send this thread to someone else on another thread?

Have a great day...

Oh... cauliflower puree?
Have I got a lot to learn?
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 00:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi everyone,

I vote for the rabbit! WAY CUTE!

YoungGal,

I have a friend who recently joined Curves. She's lost about 30 pounds. She loves it, because you don't have to plan out what you're going to do, and you're in and out quickly.

Golflady,
Thanks for keeping track of everything!

Well, it looks like people are getting off to a good start. I have one more day before I start, and I'm trying to get prepared with meal plans, etc.

Here's to a smaller, leaner year!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 05:50

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey Cheryl,
thanks for letting me know you have the thread up and running and MERCY what a lot of takers. I think this is great. One important thing to remember is take it one pound at a time. I read one post that say 50 pounds sounded like a lot, and that is true that is why I can only focus on 1 pound at a time.
Good luck to all and this is going to be our year.

Hugs and thanks Cheryl.
Joan
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 05:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/168/120 Female 5'4
BF:losing 50 in 2004
Progress: 32%

Im jumping also... my goal is 67 so Im up for the challenge. I just restarted 4 days ago and have been faithfully going to the gym getting my cardio in and no cheating in 4 days yayyayayay !
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 07:08
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Hi everyone. Looks like there is quite a crew joining this challenge. I think it will be fun. I got a new scale for Christmas and broke it in yesterday for my starting weight. I'm still not planning on *really* starting until the 6th since I'm on vacation. But, I have been exercising every day and I've stayed off the caffeine, two big hurdles. I'm going to go with an induction start on the 6th and, at this point, I'm actually looking forward to it. My weigh in did not go well yesterday - I was up 15 pounds from my profile - which I'm actually going to change (groan!). But, this is a new year, and I'm going to jump in with both feet! Best of luck to all of us!

Golflady - thanks so much for keeping the stats - that is really nice of you. My starting weight is 241.6. Oh, the horror. But, I just keep thinking, that is a long way from where I started!
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 08:01

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 250/225/165 Female 57
BF:
Progress: 29%

I would like to join you little group too. If that is ok. I have lost 35 pounds and really need to lose the next 50. And with more friends I can do this. When I lose the 50 pounds I will be 154 now that is close to the weight I want to be at. But can only do it one pound at a time. I was talking to my daughter in law and she said that she would love to lose 50 pounds this year but it sounded like to much to do and when I told her that is only one pound a week she thought different. I just wish she would do this diet with me. She is slim fasting. It is working for her so cant say much

#68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 08:56
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Wow this is just great. I agree with Cheryl R with all of us losing 50 pounds that would be a bunch. Anyway I think what I will do, so we keep in the groove and can see improvement I will post weekly group totals. Then at the end of the month will post individual totals. How does that sound.

We also welcome anyone else who wants to join. We all know the support is what keeps us going. If you have any other suggestions on posting let me know. If you want individual totals weekly we can do that also, but will be exciting to see what the group loses too!

My goal for today is to get my walking in and stay on program with no cheats today.

Good day my friends!
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:17
Registered Member

Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:

First of all; I'd like to say hello to all my new friends: Cheryl, Ruby, TAK, Golflady, Younggal, potatofree, surfnmom, Wenzday, Ernulet, Citygirl, Mims, Katwoman, CaseyZee, Fishie, Molly, Jeanette, Jude, Sweet 21510, Dahlia,icadelci, and last but not least...(and my personal favorite username) IAMALOSER!!!!! Happy New Year to you all!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I had a houseful of company and was pretty wiped out from the holidays. I did weigh myself this morning (so I guess I'll use Saturdays as my weigh in day--easier to remember!) Right now I'm at a whopping 157! May not seem to major--but I was about 14 pounds lighter before the holidays! I'm sure most of it is from carb overload; and I'm hoping to break that bad habit again quickly!

So, here are my goals for this year: (in no particular order)

#1: Lose atleast 27 pounds. An extra 5 after that wouldn't hurt; seeing that
I'm only 5'3"!
#2: increase my water intake. I'm a big water drinker---I usually
drink nothing but good old H2O. But lately I seem to be sipping less!
#3: EXERCISE, EXERCISE,EXERCISE!!! It always takes me a while to get back
into workout mode---but I vow to do some type of exercise for atleast
20 minutes a day to start---I'll keep adding to this.
#4: I'm going to follow Atkins; it's easier for me to stick with. So, that being
said--I'm gonna try to follow it religiously!
#5: To do my best to give support and motivation to all my friends here!
There is nothing better than a great support system!

Well, there it is. My year in advance. I'm determined to make this "my most productive year". This is the year that I'm gonna look back on in the future and take pride in my accomplishments!!!!

Before I sign off (gotta go hop on that treadmill): Just remember.... WHEN IT COMES TO LOSING WEIGHT; THE STRONGEST MUSCLE IN YOUR BODY IS YOUR MIND!

Good day to all!!!!!
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hopefully induction is working, I was down a pound this morning. Pretty depressing though, realizing that my current weight is where I was back in October. Doesn't take much and the only "cheats" were a few xmas cookies and some chicken nuggets. The other "bad" stuff was way too much low-carb chocolate.
But.. we are all in this together!!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:37
Registered Member

Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks for the feedback, JeanetteJ...I actually have an appointment to speak with a representative today, so I'll get to take the tour, check out prices, etc...
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:50
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'm going to literally start over.. I'm resetting the stats today. I didn't want to, feeling it would "wipe out" my progress..but in order to make it a fresh start I think I have to SEE "square one"!

Weight this morning-- 222.6
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 12:34

Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

This for anyone who would like the bunny picture in their signature.

Right click on the bunny picture in my signature, go to properties, hi-light and copy the URL address. Go to your profile page, left click on signatures, then left click on the yellow image square. This opens a script promp box, paste the URL and click Okay. Preview to make sure it's where you want it in your signature.

Mims
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 13:48
Registered Member

Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I was going to wait until the first week was over before weighing myself, but I was so disappointed about having gained 5lbs the past few days, so I did and I'm down 2lbs!!!!
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default Night Falls on Muswell Hill

Well, I have had my supper for Day 2 -- and I feel its been a successful day, though I did have a headache for a lot of it (maybe that is the sugar withdrawal...). I made duck breasts and put them over a cauliflower and onion 'mash' -- I just got one of those handheld blenders--yumyum! I devoured some sugar free jello tonight as well.

In London there is always a big fuss about after-holidays sales, so I went to Regent's Street, and went to LIberty's, a big old department store that was built in the 1880s, and where they usually have fabulous clothes (and some of them are good for ample women) -- I spent about an hour trying things on ( and not getting them on) and realising how much heavier I am in the real terms of how things fit, but instead of then drowning my sorrows in a piece of cake, I thought how GREAT it is that I am Lcing, and so I don't need to even THINK about bingeing! -- now I am going to mix up a pot of rasberry jello for tomorrow....

Mims -- I hate to be so illiterate, but I don't understand your instructions for getting the bunny -- where is the 'properties' thing to click onto...

Hope your days are going well, dear 50pounders...

From Ruby J.