Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 196/196/135 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:39/39/16
Progress: 0%

Thank you very much for letting me join you guys. I'll tell you guys a little about myself

I am 28 years old. I dieted myself fat. I have a 2 year old foster child that i am just waiting for the adoption process to start. I am a single person no man in my life. I have a job sitting down at a desk all day thats when i gained the 20 pounds back. but enough about me hope you guys all have a good day.

Corrinne
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome Corrine, what an angel you are to your little girl. Thanks for sharing.

You know Denise you exercise so much to bad I can't count that as some of mine. I need motivation. How romantic to get married on Valentine day. Congratulations. It sounds like you work for a company with some compassion.

Annie,you know I am so lucky to be blessed with my son (& daughter). He is such an adventurous child. You know when he was 3 and broke his leg I had to fill out a medical form and for occupation I put down family entertainer. I could tell you about the time he set the kitchen on fire or the 4 times I've had to call poison control or the time shortly after my surgery he got into my purse and took the keys and unlocked the dead bolt. Couldn't find him anywhere and had to call the police. he walked a 1/2 mile barefoot and told the police he was just looking for his dad. (that was way too scarey but God took care of him). He is such a funny bunny. You know there is a group home near me and I saw a fellow waiting for the city bus one morning. He has ds and had a headset on. This is on a major street and he was dancing to the music without a care in the world. Ever since that day I marvel at how wonderful it must be not to be burdened with what people think of you and to have that great freedom to "dance like no one is watching".

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Was a little disappointed that I only got marked up today and the actual treatments won't be starting for about a week. Would just like to get things done and over with. I told the kids they could redraw the lines if they start to fade. Maybe they can even do some art work on me and make the technicians smile.

I too pray for the leaders of our great country and leaders of others for a solution to peace. Also for the heros who have to raise children alone because a spouse never came home, for brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, husbands and wives and friends that lost love ones and for the security we will never feel again. This is such an awesome country we live in. Without our freedom we probably would not be able to unite to chat about losing 5-8 lbs. this month. Isn't that an amazing thought.

May you all have a blessed day, Maureen
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 03:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default It's Finally Friday... woooooohoooooooooo!

Good Morning All! I'm sooo glad it's friday! (I guess you could tell by the subject huh?

Hi Skyedon! Welcome to our group. Congrats on the decision to get healthy for you and for your little girl! I think your goals are a little tough though. That's just my opinion, but I had to revise mine. Slow but steady is cool. Don't be too hard on yourself, you have a lot on your plate.

Denise - I loved your story. Sounds like you're finally getting yours! hmmmm I wonder about what Gary said. Maybe he thinks you'll be soooo hot you will think you can do better (just kidding!!!!!!). YOur honeymoon sounds perfect. I got married last February myself. Our honeymoon kinda stunk. I mean we had fun, but we just went to Vermont to get married and then stayed overnight and then came home. Then we went to the local Fishing and Hunting Show - you know those big vendor things with talking about various topics. WE just had to see Charlie Moore, the Mad Fisherman ( a Massachachusetts fishing hero). that was fun.

OMG JOhn Ritter DIED last night at 54! That's horrible! and now I just heard JOHNNY CASH died too! Those are truly two American Icons. Who can forget John Ritter's Jack character..
Maureen - your kids sound like they keep you hopping!

Karen - way to go! keep that scale going down!

Annie - I hope you continue to avoid those scones at the state fair... he he he

Fishie? Lynda? Alez? Chyna? How's it going?

Well I guess I better get ready for work. Have a good weekend!

Susan

Last edited by Fiona mcK : Fri, Sep-12-03 at 03:48.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 05:44

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:

Morning Ladies,

How is everyone this morning. TGIF!! I will be going shopping this weekend to stock up on meats and cheese. I go over to Sam's club and get the big family size pack of ground meat and then split it up and freeze it. Also can get some really good bargins on the cheese and eggs there. I also get the Splenda from there.

I hope you all have a good weekend. I will try to check in however, my computer is giving me such a problem at home I don't know if I will be able to visit you all.

Hugs,

Karen
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 06:54
Registered Member

Hi everyone hope everyone is having a good day. i am so far knock on wood. i enjoy reading everyone stories especially about the kids i love kids. My foster child is a little boy 20 months old but i also do respite care for 2 children a girl 10 and a boy 6. Your right my goals might be to much but if i find they are i will revise them. but got to get back to work if i don't get back on i hope everyone has a good weekend.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 09:35

Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Everyone!

Yea, it's finally Friday. TOM is coming within the next few days for me so I will probably not show much of a loss. I hate TOM!!!!

Last night, Gary and I and (our Golden Retriever, Bandit) played some frisbee in the park and played some volleyball. It's really hard to play volleyball with two people and a dog, but it's a good change in my workout. It's so nice, cause we just moved into this house where there is a park literally right around the corner within walking distance. It's not a gated park, so it doesn't cost anything and there is usually noone there so it's like we own it. We really love it and go there everyday. At the park, there are circular paths for running, biking or rollerblading. There is a swingset area and next to that there is a workout station where you can do dips, pushups, and situp's, etc. There is an open field for frisbee or playing soccor or softball and there is a volleyball court and a basketball court. Since it's a neighborhood park, very few people use it. What a nice blessing to have this park!

Susan: You're husband reminds me of Gary! I can definitely relate. He wants an adventuresome honeymoon and I wanted it both adventuresome and romantic. So I got the secluded cabin and we are going to ride snowmobiles on trails, do some sledding, and do some cross country skiing. Gary loves to fish and hunt, but that is out of season in Feb in Colorado, I'm hoping..

I was upset to hear about John Ritter and Johnny Cash too. The world is changing so much by losing all these people we grew up up with and loved so much. It just doesn't seem real.

Skyedon: It's nice that there are people like you in this world to care so much for a foster child. You must have a lot of love to give. You both are so lucky to have each other.

Karen: I have a Sam's club too. Their steaks and Ribs are to die for!! So THICK....

Maureen: I can understand why you wouldn't be motivated to work out right now. You have a lot on your plate right now. Maybe after your treatments are over with and you begin to feel better about everything that's going on in your life, you will start exercising. Your son sounds so adventurous! You are so right about DS kids. They are usually so happy in their own little worlds and they don't care what other people think about them. If we could all learn from them...What a better place this would be.

Hope everyone else is still doing okay! Have a great weekend.
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 18:38

BF:

Hello friends,

My daughter and I actually exercised today. yipee! We each did 20 minutes on the bike. I forced her to go first so then I would have no option but to match her. I certainly can't let a 14 yr. old show me up. Any game or challenge I can think of that works is fine with me. I did join the challenge on this site to do 100 miles (walk, bike, etc.). I'm almost there but I am hoping to continue it. My personal challenge is to ride my stationary bike across the country. It is 2955 miles from my house in CT to San Fransisco. I am already over the border into NY. Have about 2880 more to go. Annie-Pie since your on the west coast how about jogging down to see me. You know Mapquest thinks it will take about 48 hours by car. I hope we're all at goal by time I do it.

Today I went to Walmart and tomorrow I am going back. They have sugar free Russell Stover peppermint patties that are soooo good. Dark chocolate. For dinner I made up a stuffed green pepper recipe. Added grated cauliflower, chopped onion, chopped green pepper tops, sliced green olives with pimentos, alittle shredded cheese. No bread crumbs or rice. Put sauce on the top and baked them. They were so big I only ate 1/2.

Skyedon, what a worthy deed you are doing in the lives of these young people who have probably already faced much disruption.

Enjoy the weekend. Blessings, Maureen
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 06:36

BF:

Way to go Maureen! That's great that you got some exercise -- and encouraging your daughter too! that's a double plus!

Finally Saturday. I'm going to take the kids swimming at the Y today. I guess I will swim too.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 23:10

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Friends,
Maureen, I commend you for the attitude you are carrying. I realize you don't want to make a big fuss, so we won't fuss over you. And you can see how we do admire a mom who has challenges and still lives her life to the fullest for both she and her family. Your daughter must be so proud!

Skedon: Keep up your commitment. It always isn't easy but what an appreciation we gain for life! We have had many foster kids in our home, through a non-profit that sends over medically fragile kids form 3rd world countries, and then repairs them and sends them back whole again. We've had Ethiopia, Honduras, S Korea, Belarus, Moscow, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, The Gambia, plus enough exchange students to count to 20. Each has been a blessing in so many ways! We also fostered a crack baby, receiving her when she was only 1 day old. I do not know what it's like to wait for the adoption process, but I do know what it's like to open your heart and become vulnerable. That child needs you, and you need that child. I pray it will work out for you.

How is everyone? Please let's remember to post our new weights on Monday if possible ok? even if it's gained (like I think I may have done), or stayed, let's do it! I think in OCtober my challenge will be to measure inches each week and weight.
Ok, the computer is off now at Annie's house until Weds. We're getting new flooring installed and the room has to be emptied.
WIll check in later this week, and please you all keep your chins up! Reach out and touch a life this week for someone who needs an extra smile, for someone that most people might not take the time to give a second look to. What you do could make all the difference in their lives.
Hugs, Annie-Pie
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:19

BF:
Post It's WEIGH IN TIME!!!!!

Annie - start - 185 ---- NEW!: 182
Maureen - start - 249 ---- NEW!:
Chyna - start - 201 ---- NEW!:
Fishie48 - start - 203 ---- NEW!:
Denise - start - 161 ---- NEW!:
Karen - start - 241 ---- NEW!:
Lynda - start - 214 ---- NEW!:
Alex - start - 191 ---- NEW!:
Susan - start - 158 --- NEW!: 155
Skyedon - start - 195 ---- NEW!:

LOST THIS WEEK: 6
TOTAL FOR CHALLENGE: 6

(when you change your weight, please adjust the totals)

Last edited by Fiona mcK : Mon, Sep-15-03 at 04:31.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

No change for me this week, still at 203. Oh well......
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 05:11

BF:

Good morning friends,

Congratulations Susan & Annie. The loss is fabulous. Annie you are out of the 180's that is great. Your weight loss doesn't match your new stats. Shouldn't your loss be 6 lbs.? Terrific job.

Fishie, great job no weight gain.

I feel like I am struggeling to lose. Guess what on a positive note I was reading that a side effect to radiation is possible loss of appetite. Very excited about that. But that is only for 6 weeks and the medication with possible weight gain is 5 years. Go figure.

Has anyone here ever used the Walk Away the Pounds Video or Windsor Pilates? If so can you post your opinion.

Today a friend and I are off to a SuperWalMart about 45 minutes away to get some sf candy. Hope we don't eat it all on the way home.

Hope this is how you want the stats updated. I just copied and pasted them. I am not computer savvy.

Wishing everyone a day filled with joy in your hearts. Blessings, Maureen

Maureen - start - 249 ---- NEW!:247
Skyedon - start - 195 ---- NEW!:

LOST THIS WEEK: 8
TOTAL FOR CHALLENGE: 8

(when you change your weight, please adjust the totals)
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 05:29

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi Girls,

Sorry I didn't get to visit all weekend. Still working on the computer at home. It is awful.

Well I am down one pound to 240! I was actually at that the middle of last week so no real change.

Congratulations to all you who have lost! I will be more careful this week about what I eat...thinking of going back to induction. Well we will see.

Hope you all have a good day!

Hugs

Karen
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 06:24
Registered Member

Maureen - start - 249 ---- NEW!:247
Skyedon - start - 195 ---- 196

Sorry guys went up 1 think i was just over excited from last week i over ate but today is a new day. every one else good work.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 07:28

Stats: 200/187.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Wink Still Hanging In There!

My weight didn't change since I joined here on Sept 11, but I "officially" weigh myself every Thursday, since that's the day of the week when I started my new healthy eating habits. I've only lost one pound since 8/29, but the big difference this past week is that my weight is no longer fluctuating between 193 and 191. I stay at a solid 191 every day. I consider that an accomplishment. (The scale bounced down - briefly - to 190.5 this morning, so I have high hopes for this week.)

I did put in a hard 15 mile bike ride on Saturday, and I thoroughly enjoyed a brat and 1/2 a schnitzel sandwich at an Octoberfest celebration Friday night. (No beer or pop.) It was worth the break. Sometimes you got to do that. But I was good all weekend, and I'm back on the bike tonight. Congrats to everyone who lost and keep it up!