Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 12:18

Plan: MEAT AND LOTS OF GREEN VE
Stats: 292.7/280/180 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 11%

AFTERNOON LADIES

It's a chilly Sunday over here on the West Coast of FLA...I'm staying in, and getting some laundry and housework done.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far...not looking forward to hitting the work trail tomorrow..BUT it's got to be done
Got to support my internet habit

MARY....I tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full and you need to empty it before you can receive any more.

I'm off to get my work started...

GAP
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 23:46

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Starting back on the exercise trail...

I am looking forward to the indoor pool opening in another 2 weeks...I am still putting off a full blown BFL challenge as I have surgery scheduled now for my eyes in two weeks and my rotor cuff is not completely healed...wow thats alot of excuses not to be doing something now! Guess I better add em to the book and get off my newly coifed duff...got some new clothes for the holidays and don't want to get too comfortable in them as they should be baggy soon and heading for the donation or resew pile!

I have to say the BFL is a great choice as I was smaller at a higher wt than I am now with the muscles I had...will have again! I was up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5 and beat the crowds I had so much more energy and was eating...every 2 hours! In 4 wks I lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 9 of muscle it was so empowering. If you can, Do It! You won't regret it.

I gotta forget this all or nothing and focus on the something more...something more! Park further out in the parking lot, take the stairs, take a walk with lunch, and find the time to move around as this is the year I will see a number that starts with a one on my scale before spring is here!!! The only exception to that deadline is if I'm planning for a new addition and until that day comes I am sticking to my plan and making it work. My hb joined me on the first...it is easier to plan together!

Keep working at it and share your tips for getting it moving! Home exercise video...like Tae bo and Pilates are great too! Even Richard Simmons if he moves you!

Beth
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

I did get my exercise in over the weekend. Taking today off but I am still planning to reach my goal of a minimum of 4 sessions a week. Having a specific goal really helps me.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Summer
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:14

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

That was some good advice bsayne, thanks. I kicked a$$ in a big way yesterday, BFL challenge 1 is well underway! I really enjoyed it, I think this is going to work well for me. I did a very detailed entry in my gym log if anybody is interested. I agree, having a specific goal helps quite a bit, but so does having support and people to talk to too.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 17:58
Registered Member

Plan: dr. akins
Stats: 308/205/150
BF:
Progress:

WHERE IS EVERYONE? ALL THE POST I SEE ARE DATED
ONES FROM THE PASS. AREN'T THERE ANY NEW ONES?
WHERE ARE THEY?
WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU ALL IN HERE AND
JOIN YOUR GROUP.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 18:01
Registered Member

Plan: dr. akins
Stats: 308/205/150
BF:
Progress:

THINK I HAVE FOUND YOU. WHEN I POSTED IT TOOK ME TO TODAYS DATE. THE SITE I POSTED FROM ALL HAD OLD EARLIER DATES.
DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT HERE BUT I DID.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 15:35
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Cool Hello all!

Sorry I haven't written much, work has been crazy with all these submissions! I'm doing good on CALP. Still adjusting. My appititite has been like a rollarcoaster, some days I don't feel like eating and other days I'm starving. I try to eat something on my not so hungry days. I'm hoping its a cycle thing
How are you all?
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 17:35

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'd like to log in here and say hi ...

I'm back after a 6 month (or so) absence.

Now 6 days into Atkins again. I need to start back at the gym, too, but haven't been able to since I'm nursing a cold and just don't have any energy in the morning.

Unfortunately for me, if I don't go early, I don't go at all. My schedule just won't allow the time to do that later in the day.

My story is that I lost 60 pounds between July 2001 and March 2002. In April I left the country for a 4 week trip to Guatemala and have never been able to really get back into the swing of things with LC. I maintained until the fall ... then slowing (or not so slowly) 30 pounds came back (in about 4 months).

So here I am again. Doing the best I can.

Glad to see you all here ... some new, and some oldtimers.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 19:13

BF:

Hi everyone,

I've been doing well with my exercise commitment - already got in 3X this week.

Darklotus, how is your BFL challenge going? I did check out your gym log.

Kassie, I saw your post in the chat thread too - are you interested in meeting in the chat room Friday night, between 7 and 8? (If anyone else is interested just be there then, we're trying to get a group together to schedule a chat.)

Hi Wendy, glad to see you're giving LC another try. I started LCing around the time you left - I wish I was losing faster but I'm trying to be content with at least I'm losing.

Hope everyone is doing well

Summer
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 17:29

Stats: 300/225/150
BF:
Progress: 50%

I don't know if I qualify, either. I've been LC'ing for 2 years, and have lost as high as 80 lbs, but gained back 10 pounds in the last few months. So I got over my bout of diverticulitis (caused by an allergy to cheese and cream products, among others, but which I can't always resist), started measuring my water again to make sure of at least 2 litres daily, and started drinking 15 drops GSE (Grapefruit Seed EXtract) in 2 doses daily. That, plus some acidophilus, has taken off 5 lbs water in a week, leaving me ready to get back to my lowest figure in 20 years. (Actually, I'm there already.) Now, I have a minimum of 43 lbs to lose to get back to my high school weight, or 63 lbs to get to my Gr 8 weight, or 83 lbs to get to my chart weight, a figure I have not seen in all my teen and adult years. Take your pick - I'll settle for any of them.
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 03:48

It's gong great summer! I love it! I could use 2 off days instead of one though. But, so far so good! What are you doing for your exercise?

I have a dsl router that's on it's way, so I will be able to be online almost anytime in a few days, so I'm up for chat too.

Welcome bailey

So Cassie, finally found a program you like, eh? Good, I hope it works well for you You still working out too?
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 07:50

BF:

Hi Darklotus,

That's good that you like BFL. I bought the book yesterday but haven't had time to look at it yet. The only exercise I've been doing is walking on the treadmill, which I've commited to doing at least 4X a week. But I am looking for somthing else to do - which is why I got the BFL book. I'm also going to pick up a book by Steve Zim (can't remember the name now), but I read an excerpt in a magazine and it sounds easier to start with than BFL. I know I've got to do something more than walk, but I'm not very athletic!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I've got to get on the treadmill now, we are going away overnight tonight and I HAVE to get my exercise in before we leave.

Summer
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 07:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 272/240/170
BF:
Progress: 31%

im new here can i plz join i need all the help i can get
i refuse to be this big by my 46th birthday
have always had a weight problem but was never this ow before
started doing atkins 10/27/02 weight was 272 now is 240 may be less havent weighed in a week r so .
and my so called dh trys to get me to cheat allthe time but i refuse to .i will not let him do that to me this time
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:40

Welcome Gina Your DH sounds pretty inconsiderate to be trying to sabotage your hard work! He should be encouraging you, not hindering you. Tell him he's an unsupportive ass. He should want good things for you, better self image, better health, etc. Don't let him get you to cheat! Congrats on your loss so far!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 10:35

Plan: Self Designed
Stats: 321/257/190 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Trying to get back on track

I started LC'ing last Jan and lost down to 294 not the best loss but progress just the same. Then I started doing fertility treatments and ended up gaining most of the weight back. I've decided to focus on the weight loss again and hopefully get to a lower weight before I start the fertility treatments again.

So I'm here again (didn't post much last time) with a plan to become more social (I tend to lurk as I'm shy) and I will try to post AT LEAST one post a day..