Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 21:45

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Re: Another Snack Idea

Kmagee:

Quote:
Originally posted by digwig
I buy the large bags of raw almonds from PriceCostco
Yum!

If you can remember this far back... are these almonds brown on the outside? I always thought those ones were toasted. I wonder how this would work with blanched almonds - I have a big bag of those at the moment.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 05:32
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

The only reason I keep pork rinds around is to make french toast. I know french toast with pork rinds yuck! But actually they are not that bad.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 05:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/179/150
BF:45.1/43.3/??
Progress: 51%

I like to melt butter with a little Davinci carmel sugar free syrup in it and dip the pork rinds in that. Very Yummy. I have also used the Danish Pastry syrup and that is also very good. I'm sure some of the other syrups would be excelent also.
Just another idea for pork rinds.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/235/140
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Pork Rinds Helped me allot!

I am a muncher and crave crunchy stuff every now and again. I can eat them and still keep to the regime. I know some people don't like them but all I know is they have helped me out allot.

I got carbo-lite bars for when I have my terrible Chocolate cravings but they are becomming less and less these days.

Thank God! I thought I was going to die for a while coming down off the sugar high.

Hang in there
DeAnn
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 13:58

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Question Nuts/pork rinds

I tried to eat the pork rinds, several times and just cant do it. At first I think its ok then it just tastes wrong to me. I wish I liked them !!
The macademia nut is very low carb, but you are not supposed to eat nuts during induction. I can understand not eating nuts the first 2 weeks but if you have been doing induction over a month cant you eat nuts?????
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 14:52
Registered Member

Stats: 202.5/177.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default pork rinds again

I'm not particularly fond of pork rinds either, but I found a way I do like them. I like my eggs cooked with soft yolk and then I like to dip the toast. Obviously I can't have the toast, but the pork rinds work as a pretty good replacement. They even have that little bacon flavor so it's not too bad. I don't miss my toast anymore.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 04:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL/BFL exercise
Stats: 142/137/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I read this thread and dashed in the kitchen to make some pork rind nachos. They were so good. I quickly called my fellow low carb Texans to tell them. I can't wait to have them with avocado. Christa
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:29

Stats: 190/182.5/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Cheese Crisps

Has anyone tried Cheese Crisps made by some company in Wisconsin? I work for the Grocery Director of 20 upscale grocery stores and we were sent some samples. They are in little snack size bags and come with different seasonings. They are small rounds like a cracker and have only 1 carb for the whole bag. They are actually made from baked cheese and seasoning (plain, low salt, nacho, pizza, etc.) I absolutely love them and hopefully have talked my boss into getting them into our stores. They're a bit pricey, but worth it to me. It's great to have something different for a snack.

Also, we have started selling the Atkins Ice Cream in our stores - I love it!
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 20:32
Registered Member

BF:
Default YMMMM

I didn't even know Atkins made ice cream - YES! There is a God. Now how do we get these crispy cheese pops and the ice cream. I live in NE Iowa, so I'm not too far from MN. I visit the cities often - where can I stock up. Would this be a grocery store we would have in Iowa?
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 21:23
Registered Member

Stats: 148/?/130
BF:

pork rinds and Brie...yum

#56   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 21:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default hi

pork rinds are also great with a little sour cream and salsa! I didnt really like them much when i first started but they grow on you,lol !!
linda
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:17

Stats: 190/182.5/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default Cheese Crisps & Atkins Ice Cream

The Atkins Ice Cream is now in most Byerly's and Lund stores in the Twin Cities. I buy it at the Byerly's in Edina and St. Louis Park. I have also seen the Atkins bread in the Frozen Dept of the Edina store.

Additional Low Carb items soon to be added at Byerly's and Lunds are the LaTortilla Low Carb Tortillas and 'Just the Cheese" Low Carb Cheese Crisps.

Yeah! Isn't it great that more and more low carb items are being made available to us?

Just a tip for those of you in other states...if you don't see low carb items at your favorite store, don't hesitate to talk to the Grocery Mgr and request these items. The Atkins items are selling so well in our stores we can't keep them in stock.

Diana

P.S. 'Just the Cheese' Cheese Crisps can also be ordered from the website:

http://www.specialcheese.com/orders.htm
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:50
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks

I am anxious to try some of these things. I know we have a health food store in town that carries a few items, but there is definitely not enough. Thanks again.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 01:10

Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%
Default Mmmmmmmmmm

Tomo I am off to buy Pork Rinds! I miss the crunch in my diet the most. AND i think i am bold enough to take them to a party LOL

His amazing grace........came.