Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 08:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi can i be your buddy too
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 08:59
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Welcome Gemma!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 09:04

BF:
Default hello

hows everyone doing
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 09:10
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Sick today. I'm at work, but longing to be at home slurping chicken broth, curled up in a blanket while watching Montel or something like that. How about you?

Are you just starting LCing? Tell us about yourself........
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 09:14

BF:
Default me what can i say

well im gemma, and i have just lost motivation and need a lot of support and encouragement.

like helping others but forget about myself
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Xena, how's the weightloss going? how many more lbs have you got to lose before Dec 31st? I'm losing about 1-2 lbs a week right now... holidays are nerve racking... I went to a party the other night, and got snooookered on Mojito's!!! And i kept telling myself... no alcohol, no alcohol!!! but sheeeesh... when in Miami, do as the Latins do!!! Everyone got snookered on mojito's! hahahahahaa

Hope all is well with you..... let me know about your poundage loss. I know nothing of kilo's except that i think they measure marijuana in kilo's don't they? <no clue!!!!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 10:05
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

LC, enjoy your cruise doll..... No you won't come home heavier, i promise! but remember the water in the state rooms is very expensive.... and you do know that its free stateroom service right? You can order goodies and coffee from the "butler" anytime of day! I love cruises.. I always come home about 5 lbs lighter.

Gemma!!! what do you need to get you motivated? i know! I know! go to Macy's and try on a new pair of jeans or dress slacks.. You'll probly be a size smaller.. that should inspire you to stick with us!!!

I went to a xmas party the other night, and I felt like a barbie doll! I really did. My dress slacks were loose, my blazer fit nicely, and I had a walk..... you could tell i was proud of the way i was looking..... that was inspirational enuff for me... so hang in there, don't go off the deep end, and try to stay away from the sugar...

anyone else need a kick in the butt???
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 05:52

BF:
Default buddy wanted for xmas and new year 2004

any buddies out there needed for a friendly person who needs encouragement
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 08:02
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Welcome Gemma. Don't loose hope. For me, I have to remember that I am weak and It is all or nothing for me. By living that way, I can plan a cheat, which I did for a christmas party. And it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I was back on track the following day and only took me about a day to loose the water weight.

I've lost 35 lbs. since September 22. To me, that is incredible. I've never tried dieting before and wasn't proud of my weight, but I was comfortable. Now, that I'm loosing, I'm proud of myself. I have taken control of one very important aspect of my life and it is working. I feel good about myself and see the person inside is getting out. I see someone I recognize again. You will too. Hang in there. Once you start to see a difference, you will certainly get a new boost of motivation and the desire to keep going.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 20:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/150/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hey everyone,
Kim: my son is 14, and my stepchildren are 15 and 17. I will definately let you know how it goes!
Pilot Gal: Thanks for the sweet words! I burst into a smile when i read how you looked at your party. ISNT IT GREAT?! I went out with my sister whom i hadn't seen since i began this woe and she screamed and told me all night how beautiful i looked.. she was a little drunk lol, but i do look different. I am back into my size 11 jeans and wear them comfortably now!!!
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 20:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/150/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

Gemma,
Please don't give up! I understand what you are going through.. we all do. This is the friendliest most supportive group of people and we will all listen and let you in on what works and doesn't for us. I started about the same time Kim did and have lost about the same amt. of weight. This is the easiest thing i have ever done and I can't imagine why i didn't do it sooner!!! I am sick (man kim and i are like the twins of this room) and have not been losing these last few days, but i know that it will turn around. Thats the thing. those little setbacks are expected now . I know I will stall and make mistakes but for once in my life I am not afraid or discouraged enough to let it ruin my plans. Please dont give up and we are all here for you, ok?
Take Care, Laura
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 10:26
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Your right about that. We sure do have a lot in common. Although I wish I were you going on that cruise. I haven't really pampered myself. Although I love to tan, and right after the holidays, I plan to start tanning again. I don't get fried or anything, but I love having some color. I always thought it made me look "skinnier" and now I'm wondering what will happen. LOL.

Gemma.. Hope your still here. Even with the amazing loss I have had, I still get discouraged sometimes. I feel like this just has to be too good to be true. I'm wearing a size 14, which I haven't worn since before having children (who are now 8 and 3) and feeling good about myself. There is so much encouragement around here.