Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Hi everyone! I haven't posted as much this last week because I've been doing more journal posting (mine and others) so that has been a bit time consuming. However, I always check in, read, and support you all!!!!

So, Annie, I think we look to you to post the new Feb. thread! I'm glad you are back!!!

For all of you around a benchmark - count me in! 200 is a toughie. I bounce around, I bounce up, I bounce down, bounce bounce bounce. Can't wait to get to 190.

I started the month at 197 and finished at 196.5. EEK! Count me in for four pounds in February - I need that!!!

I haven't posted a TK story in a while, so here is one for you all from my journal today:

HAVING A ROUGH DAY TODAY!

My husband, Brad, had to stay home from work with a bad chest cold. He has had a lot of colds this winter, and the last one turned in to pneumonia. He finished up his treatment for that three days before our wedding in November. So, I started off the day worried about him.

Then on my lunch break I zipped over to the nearby CVS for porkrinds. As I pulled in to the parking lot, my beloved 8-year-old Quicksilver (my car) tried to roll over a hunk of cement which was cleverly disguised as a snow-covered part of the driveway. Instead, she rammed in to it. I immediately parked and got out to survey the damage. Sadly, I saw terrible tire road rash with hanging chunks, as well as a big dent on the middle metal thingy.

I AM A HELPLESS FEMALE!

Singlehandedly I could set the women’s movement back 200 years. I hate anything car! I frequently panic! I forgot my cell phone! Oh my God, what do I do?

Here is what I did: I jumped back in the car, returned to work, flew back in to the office, signed out on sick leave (I really was sick to my stomach by this time), raced back to car praying the tire wasn’t flat, and drove the 15 miles home with the radio turned out loudly and the heater on full blast so I could only SLIGHTLY hear what I thought was the sickening sound of the flapping flat tire.

We have single digit temperatures today, the parking lots are filthy, wet, and dirty, and I don’t have big boobs, so I figured no one would change a tire for me today. It would have been too clever to pull in to a car dealership or mechanic shop I suppose!

I pulled in to our home garage, ran in the house, cried on my husband’s lap for a minute telling him the story, and sighed with big relief when he said he’d take care of it later for me. I love that man!

Last edited by TAK : Fri, Jan-30-04 at 15:19.
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 16:04
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK
We have single digit temperatures today, the parking lots are filthy, wet, and dirty, and I don’t have big boobs, so I figured no one would change a tire for me today. It would have been too clever to pull in to a car dealership or mechanic shop I suppose!

ROFL sorry for laughing, but you are SO cute! Thank God you got home okay and have such an awesome Prince there to rescue you!
  #438   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 18:06

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks Everyone .

You always know just what to say.

I could have never come this far with out you .

See ya on Monday

Tina
  #439   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 18:51

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

TAK, your so funny! I set the womans movement back 200 years too! I only do gas on a car. I don't do garbage etc. I have too big of boobs but still may not get help so I depend on a cell phone and AAA!!!!!!!!!

Nat, you are going to break to 199 soon!!!!!!! GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!

ANNIE, how nice to see you back!!!!!! You have done so well!!!!!!!!!!
TERRY, Your pic is just beautiful! Your glowing!
TINA, keep hanging in there!!!

]Start 162 finish 159

Last edited by rodmick : Fri, Jan-30-04 at 18:57.
  #440   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 20:47
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Annie's back! And we're all glad!!!

TAK, I needed that laugh (even though I really do understand!) Cars? I'll fill one up, even clean its windshield--the rest of the time it goes to the shop for whatever is needed. I have a good shop, thank goodness, 'cause I don't do cars and....drum roll, please....neither does my DH! He gave that up about 9 years ago.

I'll weigh tomorrow, post a final for this month, and I'm game for next month (and the next, and the next--I'm aiming at 4-8# each month for AT LEAST 12 months!)

Hugs to all...off to the store! (DH and DS are HUNGRY!)

Jude
  #441   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 04:03

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

Happy last day of January everyone.
Hope your month was as good as mine.

I am posting here at a little after 2 am this morning cause I know I will be sleeping in a bit today. Been up since early this morning without a nap. I did get in a wonderful walk today and was very pleased with myself even if I did have a spill and landed on the sidewalk. Just picked myself up and got on with my walk. I was very lucky that I didn't hurt myself and I half scared my daughter to death. There was a raise in the sidewalk and my right foot just caught it right and I have a bad knee on my left leg and it just didn't support me when my body shifted. Oh well at least I still had a good walk.

For the month of January I was able to lose 6 wonderful pounds. I am ready for next months challenge to starts with a bang. So count me in!!

hugz
Nancy
  #442   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 07:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

** Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Bean = vegetable. ** Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar BEETS.

**Both of them are plants, in the vegetable category.
Thus, chocolate is a vegetable. **

** To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk,
which is dairy. So, candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
Remember - - - "STRESSED"spelled backward is "DESSERTS"
Send this to four people and you will lose 2 pounds. Send this to all the people you know (or ever knew), and you will lose 10 pounds.
If you delete this message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately. That's why I had to pass this on - - - I didn't want to risk it.

I wanted to pass this email on to you all. It was so funny, it ha pics with it too but they didnt copy and paste.
  #443   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 08:33

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Too funny Stacy!
Glad you are back Annie, we missed you.
Nancy, sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you are ok.

Lost 4 lbs for the month, so I'm happy. Onward and downward is the plan
Congrats to all on all of the hard work and good choices made by each of you. Isn't it wonderful the way we can change our lives so much by just making better choices? Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Marie
  #444   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:06

Stats: 217/150/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi everyone,
I am new to this board and would like to join next months challenge with you. I have been on Atkins since March of 2003 and lost 72 poulds....although I went off plan and gained some back in the last two months. I am still trying to get the hang of posting here and have really enjoyed reading and learning about all of you.
  #445   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:14

Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Welcome Aleigh,
Annie will post the next months challenge either today or tomorrow. When she does just copy and paste your beginning weight. Everyone on the boards are very supportive. Congrats on your weight loss so far.
Sheila
  #446   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:33
Registered Member

Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi all,
Aleigh~great to have you.....I'm fairly new too, so we can learn all about this site together if you want. Everyone here is great, really nice and supportive.

Well it's the last day of January and I have lost 9.5 pounds for the month!! This is my first month on atkins and I'm thrilled with the change in my body so far. I can't wait untill the end of next month!! I'm hopping all of you are doing well also and I look forward to hearing from you
~Anne
  #447   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:03

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am so proud of everyone!

Welcome, Aleigh. You've done a great job so far. You've come to the right place too!

I came down to 164# now so that's a good thing.

The humor of Sheila and Tak just makes my day. What a bunch of nuts we all are!

I will attempt now to start the thread for tomorrow, but we don't need to do anything with it until then. Let's hope I can do it--so many problems logging in and posting continue!
Nat you better take care. Glad you weren't hurt worse.
Hugs to everyone of you "happy losers"
Annie
  #448   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:20

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

lol..you are all so funny! looking forward ot starting a new month. I lost .. hmmm 8 pounds this month..that's ok not bad at all. I'll take it!
  #449   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:26
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Talking

So excited to spend another month with All you wonderful, inspiring, encouraging, funny, awesome friends!!! I don't know how I ever got along without you! Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

I am down 14lbs this month. I am so thankful my body decided to continue downward after such a long time being stubborn. I am sure next month will be slower, but I'm not worried... I am SO enjoying this journey!
  #450   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:27

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

WTG everyone!! Great job!

Thank you Annie-Pie, I got off lucky with my fall.
Nancy