Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 14:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I Feel Hopeless.....

I've been binge eating for the past few weeks. I feel horrible. I want to get back on track and stick to it. What's wrong with me? I feel like I got so bored with the way I was eating, and that I just want a break and to not think at all. I know that is a bad way of thinking, but I will try tomorrow to get back on track.
Celina
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 16:07

Plan: Atkins, BFL modified
Stats: 325/266.5/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi,

I was thinking that maybe your birth control has something to do with it. Atkins says birth control pills can slow weight loss, so maybe the shot does the same thing??? He recomends going off the birth control but thats not very reasonable as far as I can see unless you are not in any kind of relationship and dont plan on ever having sex while your losing........ask the doc about the shot and weight loss...maybe they have an answer.....just a suggestion.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 19:31
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Roch,

Depo Provera causes weight gain -- there are a lot of studies showing that. If you just got a shot, it is not surprising that you are not losing. You might want to correspond with Kristine, one of the forum moderators, about this. She has written extensively about this issue.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 23:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=3]

hey liz175, thanks for your advice, i do believe in some people it increases their apetite but i think if that is the case it is mind over matter to what you put in your mouth, can you get me the link,to read up on what she said as i cant send her a private message, so far so good looks like tom might of dissapeared from this morning , fingers crossed, and i the first 60 pound i lost on a low fat diet i was on the depo, but i have now been to the gym twice this week and i will try to go 4 times next week, once tom has gone i do 20 mins on treadmill which i find ok, and 20 mins on weights, i have nevet exercied before and i do it on a empty exercise which is meant to burn fat all day,hope to jear from you soon, take care, roch
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 00:09
Registered Member

BF:

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3][I][B][COLOR=darkred]

HEY BIGMAMA12,
HOW R U DOING, DONT FRET ABOUT HAVEING A BAD COUPLE OF WEEKS, JUST SAYTO YOURSELF THEPAST IS THE PAST, TODAY I AM GOING TO START FRESH, WE ALL GO WRONG SOMETIMES, I AM SO SUPPRISED THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED TO ME YET, BUT I KEEP ON SAYING IT IS MIND OVER MATTER, I AM GOING TO GET SLIM, NO MATTER WHAT, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PUTTING MY LIFE ON HOLD DUE TO BEING OVERWEIGHT, WHICH IS MY FAULT I DONT HAVE ANY ILLNESS IT IS BAD CHOICES AND BAD EATING HABBITS OVER ALL MY LIFE, YOU CAN DO IT WE CAN ALL DO IT, SO DONT STRESS YOURSELF OVER A COUPLE OF BAD WEEKS, I HAVE HAD 35 BAD YEARS, BUT NO MORE, IF YOU WANT TO CHAT MORE ILL GIVE YOU ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN ALTHOUGH I AM AN ATKINS VIRGIN, GOOD LUCK, TAKE CARE, ROCH
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 00:23
Registered Member

BF:

[FONT=arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=orange]
HEY GOTALOSEIT, I GET VERY HEAVY TOM SO I HAVE BEEN ON DEPO FOR 2.5 YEARS WITH NO TOM, BUT I SPLIT UP WITH MY PARTNER LAST AUGUST AFTER I LOST MY FIRST 60 POUNDS, AND WAS DUE A INJECTION FEB THIS YEAR DID NOT HAVE ONE TILL MARCH BY THEN BEEN ON TOM FOR OVER A WEEK MAKING UP FOR THE 2 YEARS I DID NOT HAVE TOM, HOPEFULLY TODAY THE 19TH DAY, LOOKS LIKE IT HAS GONE, HOPEFULLY AND I CAN GET ON WITH LOSEING WEIGHT BUT I DID NIT PUT ON ANY WEIGHT IN THE 19 DAYS AND WAS IN KETOSIS, 3/4 OF THE TIME.
I AM STARTING TO GO THE GYM NOW THIS IS THE SECOND TIME ILL TRY TO GO 4 TIMES A WEEK SO THAT SHOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE, HAVE U TRIED THE SHAKES IDID THEY HELP U LOSE WEIGHT, WILL TRY THEM IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.
I AM GOING BACK TO WRK AS A TAXI DRIVER BUT HERE IN THE UK, THE COMPANY I WORK FOR DO ALOT OF PICK UPS FROM SUPERMARKETS WHICH IS GOOD AS IM NOT SITTING ON MY BACKSIDE ALL DAY AS I HAVE TO LOAD THEIR SHOPPING IN THE CAR AND CARRY TO THNEIR HOUSE, SO I GET SOME EXERCISE AND WEIGHT TRAINING AS WELL, GOOD LUCK, SORRY I WAS RABBITING ON, ROCH
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 00:26
Registered Member

Stats: 290/280/180
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey!

Fat that you've lost once is always harder to loose the second (or third) time around. Keep working, and eventually you'll have results. One thing that you might be doing with this exercize is gaining muscle, which weights more than fat, before you actually start to loose a lot of fat. In Dr. Atkins book, he says that some people need to start out at a lower carb level than others to really start ketosis. If you think you can handle it, you might see if you can get down to 15g of carbs a day, and try to avoid the frankfurters, etc. I have chicken breasts and hamburgers (without the bun) a lot for meals, and that is quite good. One thing that I like is a little bit of guacamole (mashed up avacados + a few tomatoes) on top of a hamburger bun. It doesn't add many carbs, and it increases the taste tenfold. Remember, atkins isn't a starvation diet. You should get that nice full feeling after a meal!

One thing I might suggest is getting a journal, that way people know where to find you to send you a word of encouragement
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 11:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default had a 3 week lapse from lm but back again

[I][B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=blue]
Hey you all, just had a 3 week break from low carbing and was on a low fat diet, lost 9 pounds but i am back again, today is my second day on induction,and i am doing okey, i just wanted to say thankyou to all of you who have taken the time to give me support advice and tips, this time i am not going to give up,i am doing things slightly different this time, no hot dogs and processed foods,i am also starting to go to the gym five days a week and doing 40 mins on the treadmill every time, so hopefully this will make a difference, i am also going to do a journal,so any tips, advice and support would be very appreciated, thanks alot, roch
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 12:49

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Thanks for the update Roch!

It sounds like your spirits are improved. Did you get to the doctor? I hope she (or he) had some answers regarding your 3 week TOM's. I know everyone's different, but I gained 50 lbs. after I went off of the Depo. Of course, I quit smoking at the same time! Anyway, hopefully your hormones are calming down.

BTW, I envy your commitment to the exercise-- 40 min. 5 days a week is ALOT. Good luck to you.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 13:43
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

[B][I][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=orangered]
Hey hatetocook, thanks for posting me a message, i have another 6 weeks left till my next depo is due and i am not getting a next injection, yes i am really serious about losing the weight this time ,i am 80 pounds lighter than i was this time last year and i need to be at least 120 pounds lighter by this time next year, although i lost 80 pounds it only took me 7 months the rest of the year i have been messing around diet wise, put on 35 pounds then lost it, no more if that for me,i will be a size 14 or 11 stone in a years time snd that is the only thing important for me, i am sorry to say it is taking over my life,but if i dont lose this weight what kind of life will i continue to have, a bad quality if life, anyway, got to go, catch u soon, roch