Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:15

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Default ON the challenge

How is everyone doing ??

Its day 2 of the April challenge!! I'm on track, and very excited about all the goals posted.

I ran 5 miles today and did a 30 minute weight workout at the gym. I had three induction meals so far and am on track for food and water consumption.

I am going to get my blood work done this FRiday, to get my THyroid checked. I have a suspicion I am Hypothyroid. I will keep you all posted when I get the results.

Red how are you doing?? Great to see your on our CHallenge.

Keep up the great work all and post all your successes and concerns anytime. WE"RE all in this together!!!

Piera
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 14:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/176/130
BF:?
Progress: 38%

Hey everyone!
I'm doing well so far with the April Challenge....I've been working out according to my schedule and eating GREAT!!! I've been less tired and feel pretty good. I posted my measurements in my journal, and I hope those go DOWN!!!!

Good luck and keep up the good work!!

-cher
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 19:44

Default how is everyone doing?

It's day 6....almost 7.....how is everyone doing with the first week? I am doing great!! I keep on thinking towards where I want to be at the end of the month, and it keeps me going....makes me workout when I wold rather just watch some TV and relax!!

-cher
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 01:58

Stats: 232/205/147 Female 73"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default I'm up for it!

I know we're into April already but surely it's not too late??!!

Name: Becky
Stats: Started at 215, am currently 193.5. I think I've made my end goal what it is because I think I can acheive that rather than aiming for more. I don't want to aim too high as I can get easily de-motivated. I'm 43/35/44 - upper arms are 12" and thighs are 26". Body fat is 40%. I would love to be in a size 12! (Am currently a 16)

APRIL GOALS
1 - cut out sweetener, caffeine and nuts
2 - drink at least 2l of water daily
3 - Exercise 3 times a week, at anything which gets me moving for an hour
4 - Lose 11.5lbs to get me to the elusive 13 stone mark (Which I haven't been since I was 15, 8 years ago!).
5 - Stick to 20g carbs maximum daily.

I know 11.5lbs might be a tall order, but who can blame me for trying??
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 11:58

Default Hi rebsee

Welcome to the challenge!! of course it's not too late!! How long have you done Atkins?

-cher
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

okay, i need to join this challenge too!
i'm doing CAD, not atkins, but most of the criteria still apply. i'm also cutting waaay down on sugar and wheat as part of detoxing/spring cleaning the body...

i'm 28, living in montreal right now and finishing up my second semester of grad school (yes, i'm in deep essay-writing stress mode right now). i work out quite a bit - weight/cardio classes 3x a week and walking and bike riding all week long. so underneath this layer of winter fat lies a toned body.

i've just been having problems sticking with this way of eating lately (the usual candidates are to blame: parties, boys, school stress. haha - no, i don't actually "blame" them, but y'know, they are, um, disruptive.) and i'm prone to carb-addict binges of insanity...

anyway, i'm not into weighing myself (i'm totally mesomorphic and i dig being strong), but i have a pair of rad low-waist widish-leg jeans that i miss wearing and i'd like to get into those soon. my waist is just under 34" right now (aagh - that's where i carry my weight) and i'd like it to get to 29" soon. so the jeans-o-metre it is!

thanks for setting up this challenge!
robyn
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 10:32

Hi Robyn! Welcome to our challenge!! It sounds as though you are off to a great start. Keep up the good work!!

-cher
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 15:08
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Everyone! Hope everything is going great. My clothes are definitely feeling alot looser.

I have lost 2 pounds so far.
chest lost 1.3 inches
waist 1 inch
arms .7 inch
hips 2.3 inches
thighs .5 inch

I have started working out as well.

I really hope I can lose 8 more pounds before the end of April.

Good luck to all.

Hey Piera! Hey Cher! Hi Robo-Robyn! Hi Rebsee! Hi Laura-Lyn! Hi Christy! And everyone else.

Piera, I started eat blueberries on the days I weight-lift. Give them a try. They have not set off any cravings for me.

Robo, I also have lots of jeans that I would love to fit into. I have this one that I want to try on at the end of April to see how they fit. I hope they can go up.

Peace
red

Last edited by red1cutie : Sun, Apr-13-03 at 15:13.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 19:51

Plan: protien power/Low carb
Stats: 234/234/158 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Hi

Hi, I know we are in the middle of April-but I would love to join your group. I'm 28 from Philadelphia, PA. I'm an actress/director and to make money I custom fit bras. Well, this is my first time doing low-carb (protein power) and I love it. I would really love to challenge myself though.

My goals for April
-to lose five pounds
-to lose another inch off my bust/waist/hip
-to workout with wieghts and cardio 3 times a week
-to cut back on caffene and diet soda
-to drink more 12 glasses of water a day.
-cut back on cheese intake
-add more veggies

well, i hope i can join your challenge!
roxie
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 23:30
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default mid-april - already!

how's everyone doing? i can't believe it's already the middle of april. i've been sticking with the challenge - eating on plan and exercising as usual. as i wrote earlier, eating right is my biggest concern right now b/c i actually (gasp) like exercising. hm, well, i like chocolate too, but i guess that's different... funnily enough i came home from a show tonight (yo la tengo - it was sooo good)and wanted a snack. what did i want? cucumber slices and red-pepper cream cheese. and that's what i ate - no crackers, no cookies, no bread. oh, the times, they are a-changin'... whoo-hoo for me

i haven't tried on the test-jeans yet b/c it's tom, but i will in a couple days. they'll still be tight, i know, but not *as* tight perhaps?
robyn
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 17:18
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Guys! How is everyone doing? I hope you all are achieving what you set out to do. When I started this April challenge my Goals for April were to:
Quote:
Goals: Losing 10 pounds; Losing 3 inches off my waist; Lose 2 inches off my thighs; Lower my body fat by 5%; Workout with weights, abs and cardio--3 times week weights...especially legs, 3 times a week cardio.

As of today (April 24): I have lost 8lbs (2 lbs away from my goal)--hope I make it.

When I did my measurements (April 13) I had lost:
1.3 inches--chest, 1 inch--waist, 2.3 inchest-hips; .5 inch--thigh, .7 inch arm.

I will do my measurement again at end of month.

I have not been as good with my workouts as I had planned .

I hope you guys are achieving the goals you set too.

Be safe & be blessed.

Peace
red

Last edited by red1cutie : Thu, Apr-24-03 at 17:23.