Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 02:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Cool Can I play too?

Hi all,

What a perfect thread! I've been separated from my family for quite some time (military), and when I get back home in April we are going to the beach for a week to get reacquainted. I really want to look good by then!

I don't think I'll be doing the 2-piece thing though- my kids took care of that option...

We just had swimsuits hit the rack - I think I'll go try Nat's idea this weekend!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 10:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Can I play too?

Quote:
Originally posted by catspaw
Hi all,

What a perfect thread! I've been separated from my family for quite some time (military), and when I get back home in April we are going to the beach for a week to get reacquainted. I really want to look good by then!

I don't think I'll be doing the 2-piece thing though- my kids took care of that option...

We just had swimsuits hit the rack - I think I'll go try Nat's idea this weekend!

catspaw...can't wait to hit the sun and heat today in my neck of the woods in -34 C...about the two piece thingy...don't know if I would be pushin the evelope with that one too ..if I really get toned up may consider it for now it is a bright sunny yellow tank to show off my tan just checked your profile and noticed you are into MC's tooo ..here's to the sun and heat ..B

#33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 19:25

Wink Heat and sun

I was kind of snickering when I posted that watching the snow come down.

I miss my MC most dreadfully! Can't wait to get back to do some long rides, too!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 19:29

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 4 Sleeps

Swimsuit season is 4 sleeps away for me. Part of me wishes it were 4 months, but the accepting part is looking forward to Monday. Heat, sun, sand, beach and 7, yes, seven, swimsuits to experience it all in.

I went a little nuts

Nat
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 19:34

7! That sounds like fun! I don't think I'll be quite that bold, though. Buying one will be enough of a challenge.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 19:52
Registered Member

Plan: Aikens - My own really
Stats: 150.7/139.7/123.2
BF:
Progress: 40%

The perfect mind ultering illusion.....Last year I bought a 2 piece swimsuit and the top is long enough to reach the bottoms...(does that make sense - sort of like a tank top....... Its a 'normal' looking one piece except when no one is looking and you can fold the top up and get a bit of a tan... Its great!!!!!

Being in Sydney the Sun is here to stay!!!!! Its just my weight thats on its way out!!!!!!

strangely though its not the swimsuit I worry about (I just don't look down) I am in a wedding in a month (a groomsman - yes I am female) and have to wear WHITE - pants and top...... That REALLY terrifies me!!!!!... this is my personal little summer challenge... wish me luck....
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 04:55

BF:
Default Re: 4 Sleeps

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
Heat, sun, sand, beach and 7, yes, seven, swimsuits to experience it all in.

I went a little nuts

Nat

Hey girl no need to apologize you've worked too hard to get where you are at ...and if the truth be known that sounds just about right...yep...7....are hanging in my closest in Florida waiting for me ...B
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 05:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaxx
strangely though its not the swimsuit I worry about (I just don't look down) I am in a wedding in a month (a groomsman - yes I am female) and have to wear WHITE - pants and top...... That REALLY terrifies me!!!!!... this is my personal little summer challenge... wish me luck....

Hey Jaxx...just work on that tan and you will look dazzlin in white...ever make the mistake of buying a white swimsuit thinkin the ole bod will stand out with this tan and then forget you may want to go swimming in this thingy ...made that mistake only once ...left nothing to the imagination ...ya know headlights and all ...B
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 05:04

BF:
Default Hey Catspaw

Quote:
Originally posted by catspaw
7! That sounds like fun! I don't think I'll be quite that bold, though. Buying one will be enough of a challenge.

What you do is find one you really like and buy it in a few fav colors ..B
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 18:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins New Revolution
Stats: 286/223/145
BF:
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up Summer's around the corner for me

I'd love to join this challange as the summer is going to be here before we know it. I have always had to wear a bathing suit all summer for as long as I remember . I run a summer camp and am in a swim suit all summer. I have to greet many parents no matter what my weight in a swim suit. I also teach swimming. Last summer was nice since I went from 286 to 223. I would love to hit 199 by June.. I'm in!!!! Dina
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 06:29

Quote:
What you do is find one you really like and buy it in a few fav colors ..B

The problem is finding one I really like!

I must admit, I did enjoy looking at the pictures from VS posted above, but me in those things? Yikes!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 05:50

Default I bought one

OK, I bit the bullet and bought a swimsuit. I can already fit in it (although it's a little snug) so if I don't lose anything else I can still wear it on vacation (always one to hedge bets, am I)

It's a tankini (whatever possessed me???), dark blue with white stipes around the bust. Hardly as pretty as the ones in the pictures, but it'll do for a first step.

I had a show choir director in high school who once explained to an audience that the reason there were three different colors of dresses for the girls (light blue, teal, and dark blue with the smaller girls in the lighter colors) was that "If you want to hide a barn, you don't paint it red." To this day I can't wear flashy clothes...
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 09:35

BF:
Default Way to go on the tankini!

I have a two piece that I love but have only worn it at home...have some work to do on the old tum tum before it hits the bod again...know what you mean with the colors..for some reason love black, brown and olive green for street clothes but have gotton a bit braver in the swimsuit department...have tanks in orange, yellow and teal blue but get enough nerve to move on to the prints yet...B

Last edited by Bonnie : Mon, Feb-17-03 at 09:38.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 11:42

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default May I still join?

Hi I just found the challenge thread today(this site is mammoth!lol) and would love to join this challenge.

I too like some have never worn a bikini ..in fact I bought one 7 years ago!!! lol. At the time it was my incentive to get in shape for the summer ....that summer came and went and it still sits in my drawer. At least its still in style, its sparkly prismatic gold. Got to be in shape and confident to wear that one!haha

I would love to be a hot 32 year old mother of two by summer, and be able to wear it, although my style has changed and would prolly run out to buy something in black more of a sexy one piece with cut outs in the right places.

It would be nice to finally take my now 5 yr old son to a public swimming pool....hes never been, partly just because of a busy life, and partly sad to say, didnt want to be in a swimming suit in public. Made up my mind in shape or not, that is something Im going to let him experience this year. Would rather it be with me in shape, confident, and energetic tho.....

Ive read this thread and didnt notice daily or weekly check-ins. Are we posting our goals and progress reports? Are there roll calls? Did I overlook this or is there a seperate thread for those?

How many are still going strong in this challenge????

Hope it isnt too late too join up, I could use the accountability, and the commarderie.

Wishing you all the best.
BB.