Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 08:50

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Everyone !!!!

Just put a post in the last challenge .. with everyone's help, you guys posted 29.7 POUND loss ...

You should be very proud of yourselves ... I'm proud of you!!!!

This month we're ready to rock... and I want to WELCOME all the newcomers to the challenge, and WELCOME BACK to all the last month(s) pro's ...

Hope to talk later!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 09:02

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi, all.....congratulations to everyone who scored a success in September. The fact that you're all here says you "won", and you're ready to win again. Good for you! You truly are all "winners"!!

I've thought long and hard about this "cheat" challenge thing, and I woke up this AM w/ the answer. It's amazing how one's mind can function when undisturbed....

You are all great people, every one of yuz, and I've enjoyed the camaraderie over the past month, and most of all I applaud Sally's diligent work in sheparding us toward the finish line.......

and I DID come down 2.2 pounds, which sorta feels like a "win".....

but........

this isn't for me, at least not right now. It made me too stressed, I felt as I used to feel in college on that 12-week rollercoaster of classes and lectures, papers and tests, the all-nighters, all leading up to the FINAL EXAM! I started thinking about mid-month that I'd better starve a couple of days to "make it", or that I would have to haul out my diet pills, or "what the hell, I'm not gonna make it anyway".....all self-destructive behaviour on my part, not from anything any of you said or did, but coming only out of my own mind and personality.

It felt a lot like the old Weight Watcher days, too, w/ the stress associated w/ weighing in in front of everyone, and the temptation to skip breakfast before the meeting so I'd weigh an eighth of a pound less and the leader would smile at me for a change, and maybe (ooooohhhh!) give me a little piece of gold paper w/ five points on it. sheesh! It's toooo easy to slip back there, and it never helped me a bit. Not in the long run, anyway.

Also, I have a great deal of trouble w/ the concept of "cheat". I see up there that someone else used the term "splurged", and perhaps I could live w/ "splurge", but "cheat" is simply too negative for me to handle well. I want to maintain the concepts that I am improving, becoming healthier, winning and being a total success. If I hold the Sword of Damocles of "cheat" over my head each and every day it's going to slip and slice off my head, sure as heck!!

I'm one of those Type A "driver" peeps you've heard about....I am not the slightest bit concerned what others may thing, do or say, I have my convictions, and they truly do drive me. I know what's right and wrong, and I know when I've been wrong. It doesn't help at all to have someone applaud my efforts if in my heart of hearts I know I failed. I am driven by my own view of success and failure. This isn't a particularly admirable trait, but it's one I have identified as mine .

I have to win, you see, or I won't play. To me, it matters how you play the game, but it also matters that you WIN! I will not put myself into a situation where the chances of winning are slim. I'm much better off over in my own corner, competing only w/ myself...I know, I know, there's no competition in these challenges, and everything, but it feels like competition to my gut and my gut gets all tied up in knots.....okay, so I'm nuts, but that's the way I feel.

So, I'm gonna stand here on the dock and throw serpentines and confetti at all you wonderful people as you steam away on the Good Ship Don't Cheat Til Hallowe'en, just like in the old movies. I shall think fondly of you all, sailing over the curve of the horizon, dancing till dawn to the orchestra, drinking (LC) champagne, enjoying the marvelous meals and and I'm going to firmly believe that you are all having the time of your lives.

This turned into a novel along the way, but I didn't want to just drop out of sight w/o any explanation. Sally has worked long and hard and I didn't want her to feel that she shoulda-coulda-woulda somehow....or any of you.....you know how that goes!

I will visit you in your journals, if I may, and I sincerely hope you come visit me, too, but I don't think I'll lurk here...I have SUCH a big mouth I just cannot keep it shut! Perhaps another time I'll feel strong enough to take on one of these challenges...ya never know!

Take care all, and the very best of LC luck to you, through this challenge and each and every one in your lives to come.

#33   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 09:42

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Arrow "Cheat" is not in my vocabulary

I really enjoyed reading your post, SkySpinner. I agree completely. This is probably why I decided to start today instead of yesterday. I can't handle the pressure of goofing up already. It is similar to a competition when you put your losses or lack of here in these "No cheat" threads.

I learned at NS never to use the word "cheat." You are not getting away with anything. It is a conscious decision to put that food in your mouth. I consider it a "splurge" or "goof up" if you like.

Good luck SkySpinner, and to the rest of you as well.

Julie
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 09:58

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%

Count me in too.

I personally don't think of this as a "no cheat" thread, more like a keep on track and motivated thread. As long as I'm in control of my food and not the other way around (as it used to be), I deem myself successful.

This month I'm going to workout 12 times at the gym at least.

Hoping to be an even bigger loser this month!!

Alena.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default KNow what you mean~

skyspinner, I understand what you are saying, and what you mean about being your own challenger. I got in on the tail end of that Autumn challenge, and already am on the thanksgiving one,and end of October one I don't think it is the accountability of the challenge that I signed up for it.,.. it is the support that helps me. Those AAAAUUUUUUUURRRRGGGGHHHHHH moments! We all get them here and there,if we are honest with ourself. I am going to lose however fast I am going to lose... and I realize that every one's body does differently on diets, losses and gains will be unique to the individuals. I did enjoy sharing the little time I did with you on the last challenge, and do hope to *see* you about elsewhere...

Last edited by suze_c : Tue, Oct-01-02 at 12:17.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 252/247/135
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi-

I'd like to join the group too! I just started induction on 9/27 so I am still in the learning phase! I have received a great deal of info and help and inspiration - everyone here is terrific! Here to a great October!!!

Take everyone and have a great day!

Patty
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 10:59

BF:
Talking New Update to Last months Loss!!!!

You guys are up to a loss of 43.7 POUNDS for last month ... Suze had a loss of 14 pounds ... WTG Suze!!!!

I'm still really proud of everyone from the last thread .. and we can make this thread just as much fun!!!!

Talk later all!!!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:13

BF:
Talking Hi everyone .....

Sky ... I was very inspired by your post .. and must say, however though .. these were not set up as a stress challenge, but for fun, and the extra support .. I'm sad to see that you won't be joining us this month, but fully fully understand the reasoning behind it as I too, am Type A personality .. You were alot of fun in the last challenge, and I'm sure we'll bump into each other on the board .. you're input that you gave in the last challenge, was very very helpful to alot of people .. and I know everyone appreciated it ... I wish you the best in everything that you do....

~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie...
Quote:
It is similar to a competition when you put your losses or lack of here in these "No cheat" threads.

Whether or not you put your losses at the end is not really the purpose .. it is for the extra extra support that everyone gives when we (and I say WE cuz I'm far far far far from perfect ), fall and need that extra pat on the back when we do well ... there's no ruling that you HAVE to put your losses or lack of in here .. I hope you don't feel that pressure .. again .. this is for fun and support ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suze ...
Quote:
I don't think it is the accountabilty of the challenge that I signed up for it.,.. it is the support that helps me. Those AAAAUUUUUUUURRRRGGGGHHHHHH moments!

EXACTLY!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Patty ...
Welcome ... and hope you have the fun that this was set up to be ... !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Talk later everyone!!!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%

WAY TO GO SUZE!!!!!!!!!!

14 lbs down that is great and I am very proud of you.

Well everyone I just got back from the GYM!! Riley was an angel, she went to daycare no problems!! I was amazed, ok more like stunned!! So tomorrow we are going to take a circuit training class. I fell tired and powerfull all in one. We did the elipcial trainer for 20 mins and then we did abs on the fitball. So tomrrow should be good.

Well gotta eat I'm hungry for a fat burger!!

Sonja
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 12:16
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up Great to Be on Here~

Geez you all, I am blushing... thanks for the compliments, they really help to motivate me... tho that is not why I post my results... it is because I want to share my success with all of you. I get SUCH motivation from browsing this forum, and seeing the results that ppl have gotten... the successes. It's wonderful to see how much of a difference it makes.
I also lost 15 1/4 inches during the month of Sept., well from Sept. 20th, my first day of Induction, and measured this morning. I needed something to brighten me up, had a stressed AAUUURGHHH day yesterday... I posted about it in the triple digits thread, and then also in my journal. The thing is... I didn't cave in to those emotional cravings
I wish you all the best with this challenge, and know this, I will be here to cheer you all on, as I know you all will be doing the same for me~ as ever-a felt thank you~
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 13:03

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I'm late but I'm here!!!!

Hey all!!!

I slipped out of the last no cheat thread at the last minute but I actually didn't do too poorly. I'm still wrestling with the same 5 pounds that I've been wrestling with forever (I thought I broke my stall but it actually has come and gone over the past 2 weeks or so) Anyway. I'm not worried b/c like you all have reminded me several times, it's about the inches...and those have stayed off and continue to drop so, I can't complain. Or at least I'm going to try not to!!!

Anyway I'M HERE!!!!! And even though I've been on track, I'm going to do a 2 week induction plan. No sweet subs, nuts, LC bread or tortillas and reduced cheese. Just meat and veggies for me!!!! The good thing is that I just bought a Ronco Showtime rotisserie JR. off of Ebay!!! It works really well and I'm all stocked up as far as meat...this should be a cake walk!!!! Once I'm done with the induction I'll add 5 carbs a week to find my CCL. I never really did that step of the atkins diet ...I just ASSUMED that 40 carbs was good for me.

And of course, as always, I'll continue with my aeroboxing, Walk away the pounds and Tae bo videos and drink my water.

Ok, so just checking in and letting you all know that I'm still witcha!

Welcome to all the New folks and congratulations to everyone else on your success in the last challenge.

It's good to be back!!!!

BTW, Anybody seen Cher???

Peace,
Star
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 13:07

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Thumbs up

Wow Star,

I just love your new picture!!! You look fab-u-less!!!

Alena.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 13:42

BF:
Talking Hi ....

STAR YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!

Quote:
BTW, Anybody seen Cher???

I'm afraid she hasn't been feeling well again ... I miss her alot!!! If everyone sends her wishes really hard, maybe she'll feel better again to come on line ...

Talk later ...
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 14:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Okay, here we go!!!

Day one~ I worked out hard today! Really pushed myself! Did extra long stretching because my muscles feel tight in my lower back and shoulders.

Will post menu after work tonight...

Hope everybody has a great L/C day!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 15:32
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

This has been a very odd day to say the least. I have been totally exhausted all day. There is no good reason for it either. I feel like I never slept, when in reality I got a good 7.5 - 8 hrs. With my job, I really can't be tired. I become cranky, and that isn't fair to all the 12 yr olds I deal with. I hate days like this, and I wish I knew why.
Today was the 1st day I actually was able to eat well (I went shopping) and I was wondering if the fact that I had eggs and bacon this morning had anything to do with it. I can't explain it. Now I am home I have a ton of paperwork and no energy to do it. Very frustrating.
On the posiitive side, eating was fine...on the negative side I didnt exercise b/c I was so beat and I didnt get my water in. I hope tomorrow is better. Thanks for listening.
~Michelle